Looking for the best podcast software? Then look no further.
Podcast listening and awareness continue to gain momentum in the United States, thanks to the consumer adoption of smart speakers and the outburst in new podcast programming.
About 28% of the US population, amounting to over 80 million Americans, listen to podcasts weekly, with the overall monthly audience being more diverse than ever.
With over 200 million smart speakers projected to be shipped globally in 2022, users will now easily install some of the best podcast software and use them to record and listen to high-quality audio.
While some years back, podcasting was left for the most advanced computer users, simple podcast software now exists, allowing an average computer user to launch a successful podcast.
And to help you have a seamless podcasting experience, I have reviewed and ranked the best podcast recording software. That way, you can settle for the most suitable for you.
Table of Contents
Finding the best podcast software will help you convert a good podcast into an outstanding one. To achieve this here is the best podcast recording software worth trying.
The best podcast software for recording podcasts and videos in studio quality.
Since its founding in 2019, Riverside has remained on top of the ladder in offering a go-to platform for content creation. The podcasting software has numerous features, allowing you to record audio and video of up to 8 people on a single track.
Its magic editor lets you edit your content with just a few clicks, saving you several hours. You can change your session background, upload your logo, choose speaker layout, and export your final podcast.
Besides, Riverside has clips that allow you to reutilize long-form content into numerous short-form pieces that you can easily share on social media. All you have to do is record once, repurpose the content into multiple parts, and effortlessly distribute it everywhere.
- Content Transcription – The feature helps you convert your videos and podcasts into text in no time.
- Community streaming – You can Livestream interviews to YouTube, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitch simultaneously.
- Screen Share Recording Feature – The screen sharing feature enhances collaboration with other team members. It also comes in handy in giving a presentation.
- Accessible Audience Link – You can share the link to enable people to watch your live recording session.
- Plan and Invite Up to 8 Guests with a Single Click – The guests will only need to click on the link using their edge web browser, Chrome, or Android/ iOS App, and that’s it.
- Producer Mode and Controls – If you don’t want to appear in the recording, you can join as a producer and watch from backstage.
The Basic Riverside plan goes for $7.5 per month and is billed annually at $90, while its Standard plan goes for $15 per month and $180 per year. The Pro subscription is available for $24 per month and billed annually at $288.
You can also go for the Enterprise plan if you need more advanced features. But you’ll have to book a meeting for more details on this plan’s pricing.
The best podcast recording software for digital audio editing.
This professional-grade audio editing software started as Cool Edit Pro before adobe acquired it in 2003 and named it Adobe Audition. Since then, adobe Audition has risen to become among the premium choices for various reasons.
I love the batch processing that enables you to apply multiple effects to a file and save it. Afterward, use the same effects on a different batch of files. Through this, you get to save tons of time.
Adobe Audition offers various noise reduction capabilities, which help eliminate background noise and improve sound quality. What’s best is you can listen to your audio and edit it to remove unwanted noise as you work.
Other features that make this podcast software stand out include its robust and intuitive Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) and advanced EQ and compression.
- Clip and Track Effects – Allow you to apply various effects to your audio clips or entire tracks. They include telephone or reverb filter, compression, and EQ.
- Multitrack Recording – You can record several tracks using separate microphones at a go.
- Adaptive Noise Reduction – Its intuitive audio editing tools help remove unwanted background noise.
- Audio Content Mixing and Mastering Capabilities – This comes in handy for preparing audio content for movies, podcasts, music, and television.
- Spectral Analysis – The feature lets you examine the audio in frequency form, select the unwanted sound, and rub it out.
- Envelopes – You can include keyframes on the envelopes to gain complete control over sound levels.
Adobe audition single-app plan for individual subscribers goes for $20.99 per month. The software’s plan for schools and universities is available at $34.99 per month. Individual students and teachers can now save more than 60% on over 20 creative cloud apps at only $19.99 per month. The business plan is the most expensive and starts at $79.99 per month.
The #1 podcast hosting platform for both beginners and advanced professionals.
Over 600,000 podcasters and industry leaders trust and rely on PodBean for worldwide podcasting needs. With this podcasting software, you can co-host up to 5 active guests at a particular time and record conversations onto a single track.
The software further allows you to play audio and music effects during the show. And when you finish, you can successfully upload and publish the podcast recording directly to PodBean.
You can also invite your audience to tune in and listen to the live stream and make a call to participate.
- Quick and Easy Podcast Publishing – The software features an intuitive interface, making podcast publishing simple.
- Unlimited Video and Audio Hosting – There are no limits on episodes, downloads, or recording time.
- Scheduled Publishing – You can conveniently publish following your timetable. All you need to do is upload the audio and plan for episodes to post themselves at designated times.
- Professional Podcast Website – Every podcast account comes with a free podcast website. It also allows you to select a professional theme and customize it to fit your needs.
- Domain Integration – This allows you to use your branded domain for the podcast website.
- Cover Art Creator – You can create your custom cover art with just a few clicks. The feature enables you to combine fonts and images to develop a catchy and unique podcast cover.
- Social Media Auto Sharing – Enables you to post new episodes on social networks.
- Amazon Alexa – Every new podcast episode becomes available on Alexa devices through the Podbean Alexa skill.
The Basic Podcast Starter is always free of charge. Unlimited Audio Podcasting is available for $9/mo billed annually or a monthly subscription of $14.
The Unlimited Plus is billed annually at $29/mo or a monthly plan at $39.
For the Business plan, you’ll have to part with $99/mo billed annually or the monthly package of $129 per month.
Uniquely powerful podcasting software with enhanced interface design.
Fusebox started as a small WordPress, dubbed Smart Podcast Player, and from its humble roots, it has grown to meet the needs of the podcasting community globally.
The Pat Flynn co-founded podcast software now offers extraordinary features and a unique web experience to all its users. It has been made possible through its three optimized players that you can use virtually anywhere to engage with your audience.
What’s more, the software offers multi-platform support, enabling you to embed your player in your preferred website builders.
- Instant Display of Your Transcripts -You can showcase episode transcripts with just a click.
- Unlimited Shows – Its new-pay-per-show model lets you include most shows you want.
- Email Capture – Entices audience to sign-up for newsletters.
- Advanced Customization – You can change nearly everything about your player, including color, button, and shape.
- Mobile-Friendly – The podcasting software adjusts for mobile viewers automatically.
- Speed Controls – There are multiple playback speeds.
- Social Sharing – Guests can easily share their podcasts with social media platforms.
- Custom Sorts – You can sort out your episodes to display the newest first or oldest first.
- Download Button – It is easy to directly download your podcast tracks from the player.
Fusebox goes for $19 per month, and $15.83/mo billed annually. You can first try the podcast software for free.
The best podcast software with an easy learning curve.
Buzzsprout is yet another exceptional podcast hosting platform for individuals and businesses. This podcast software has an easy-to-use interface, enabling you to navigate it within the shortest time.
Besides, it offers free learning materials such as video tutorials, podcasting guides, and podcasting courses to help you master everything necessary for creating a successful podcast.
Its advanced podcast statistics come in handy in helping you track your progress. With this, you can see the total downloads, the apps viewers use to access your podcasts, and where they listen.
Buzzsprout stands out more because of its magic mastering, an advanced technology that automatically sweetens and optimizes audio files to meet the industry’s best practices.
- Automatic Episode Optimization – You just upload the audio file, and Buzzsprout automatically optimizes the episodes.
- Dynamic Content Tools – Helps you add or eliminate post-roll and pre-roll segments top and from podcast episodes.
- Podcast Transcription – Buzzsprout allows you to transcribe all your episodes to text, making them more accessible to speed-readers, search engines, and hearing-impaired audiences.
- Promotion Tools – Helps you to publicize your podcasts.
- Magic Mastering – Optimizes audio to rank among the best.
- Advanced Podcast Statistics – Enables you to track the progress of your podcasts.
- Easy Publishing – This allows you to schedule automatic episode publishing when you want.
Buzzsprout has a free plan, allowing you to upload audio for 2 hours each month. The 3 hours each month upload stands at $12/month. Its 6 hours upload for each month goes for $18 per month, and the 12 hours upload is at $24 per month.
The platform to help you from start to finish.
Podcastle is an all-in-one platform that covers all the stages of your audio creation journey. Using both the mobile app and the web platform, you can record interview episodes with up to 9 guests. You’ll get a separate track for each, which is a true time-saver when it comes to editing your content.
Podcastle boasts an intuitive dashboard and a variety of easy-to-use tools. The unique AI-powered tools will allow you to improve your audio drastically without any additional effort on your side.
Another unique perk of the platform are the transcription and text-to-speech services with 19 voice skins to give your content a new sound. You can also clone your voice when converting text.
- Screensharing and Video Recording – You can record video as well as share screens during remote interviewing.
- Podcast Transcription – Get automatic transcriptions and episode summaries to further improve your SEO.
- Noise and Silences Remover – You can remove the unnecessary sounds and the awkward pauses with a click.
- Available on Mobile – Podcastle is also available on iPhone.
- Browser-based Interface – You don’t have to download anything – it’s all available.
- Cloud Backup On-the-go – Your recording is being safely stored in the cloud storage while you’re still recording.
- Audio Format Conversion – Podcastle accepts a variety of audio formats allowing you to convert the file to a different format when exporting.
- Filler Word Detection and Removal – The transcription feature also detects and removes filler words from your text.
Podcastle offers four different plans:
- Free ($0)
- Creator ($11.99 per month)
- Pro ($23.99 per month)
- Team (price customisable)
An exceptional one-stop shop for podcast hosting, monetization, and distribution.
You can use Spreaker either as a mobile or desktop app, and it functions the same way as an online radio station. This podcast software gives you an option to interact with your audience in real-time via chat function and records all the conversations onto a single track.
The Spreaker app further allows you to publish podcasts on top podcast directories, such as Spotify, Apple podcasts, Amazon, and iHeartRadio, reaching a broader audience base.
Its scalable tech solution dynamically includes high-revenue ads into your shows, monetizing every episode you publish irrespective of the audience size. It gives you an easy way to make money through podcasting.
What’s more, this podcast hosting platform enables you to access trusted podcast analytics about your podcasts and listeners. From listening sources and downloads to geolocation, you get podcast plans that meet every level of detail you need.
Thanks to its IAB Tech Lab certification, you can obtain data whenever you want to see how your podcasts are doing in real-time.
- Podcast Statistics – Helps you know your daily listeners and how often they listen to your podcasts. You also get statistics about the listener’s geolocation, source, and device.
- Podcast Monetization – The software enables high-revenue ads to run through your podcasts, generating money.
- One-Click Distribution – Enables you to publish podcasts on various platforms with a click.
- Complete Stack Solution – Makes it easy to publish audio.
- Connect Inventory with Media Buyers and DSPs – This happens through Triton, Adswizz, and Targetspot.
- Easy Collaboration Permissions and Roles Within Organizations and Teams – The podcasting software has a built-in system, offering multiple permissions and admin levels.
- Easy to Integrate CMS – Spreaker uses an API-based version for its interface, which seamlessly blends and works with your content management system.
There are about five pricing tiers for Spreaker. You can start with the Free Speech plan if you want to test the performance of the software’s basic features. Then, you can upgrade to the On-Air Talent plan for $8/month. You can go a step higher with the Broadcaster plan available at $20/month for better features.
If you have bigger business needs, you can opt for one of the two remaining plans: the Anchorman, which goes for $50/month, and the Publisher for $120/month.
Best podcast software for professional podcasters.
Launched in 2017, SquadCast has built a solid customer base in over 130 countries because of its ability to capture quality video and audio conversations.
Thanks to its patent-pending cloud-based technology, this SaaS remote recording platform remains at the front line in simplifying collaboration and post-production.
SquadCast eliminates chances of lost recordings and audio syncing issues. You also don’t have to worry about remote guests, making it an ideal choice for podcasters with multiple shows.
Its Dolby.io, a new technology integration that causes you and your guests to feel like you are in the same room though recording in different environments.
- Screensharing and Recording – With video plans, you can record and share your screen, enabling you to create separate files to keep you organized.
- Dolby Enhanced Audio Mastering – You can master audio files that include post-production efficiency by using automatic leveling and reducing background noise.
- Auto-save Recordings – Helps keep all the content intact even when experiencing technical failures.
- Cloud Backup for Inaccessible Local Audio and Video Recordings – This feature guarantees you that your content will be available all through.
- Seamless Guest Experience – SquadCast offers a streamlined recording process for your guests.
- Crystal Clear Audio – You get the highest quality podcast content.
- Audio Draft Elimination – It is made possible through separate, locally recorded audio and video files.
- Browser-based Interface – There is no download process. The guests only click on the link to join the session.
The Dabbler Audio plan is $10 per month ($110 per year) for 2 hours of audio recording. An Indie Audio subscription goes for $20 per month ($220 per year) for 5 hours of audio recording. The Pro Audio plan is at $50 per month ($550 per year) for 12 hours of audio recording, and the Studio Audio subscription stands at $150 per month ($1650 per year) for 25 hours of audio recording.
Alternatively, you can get the Indie + Video plan at $40 per month ($440 per year). Also, the Pro + Video plan is going at $100 per month ($1100 per year). The Studio + Video subscription is $300 per month ($3300 per year).
The leading podcasting software for beginners and professionals.
If you are a beginner in podcasting and wondering which software to go for, Alitu might be a good starting point. The podcasting software has an easy-to-use interface and doesn’t require much technical knowledge to keep your podcast running.
What is more interesting about Alitu is that it automatically minimizes background noises from the surroundings and levels out the volume to keep your voice sounds consistent. Generally, this podcast hosting platform delivers crystal clear sounds to keep your audience engaged for long.
Besides, you can effortlessly publish your content straight to the podcast hosting provider and download it anytime, to use anywhere.
- Drag and Drop Editing Tools – Enables you to edit your content within the shortest time possible.
- Automatic Audio Leveling and Cleanup – The software eliminates unwanted noise from the sound and levels the volume.
- Quick Removal of Mistakes and Silences – You simply highlight the unwanted part, and that’s it.
- Handle any Audio File Type – You can record yourself using the software or record elsewhere and upload the audio type to Alitu.
- Easy Podcast Branding – Alitu automatically includes an intro and outro into every episode you create.
- Simple User Interface – You can quickly get started without any prior training.
Alitu has a monthly subscription plan that goes for $32 per month. You can also opt for the yearly payment of $320 per year.
The # number 1 free podcast hosting platform.
Spotify-owned Anchor is your one-stop shop for recording, editing, and publishing your podcasts within the same app. Its new Record With Friends tool lets you record your podcast calls with five guests.
The podcast hosting platform further breaks down your listeners based on aggregated age, geolocation, gender, and listening apps to help you learn and understand more about them. That way, you can better tailor your podcasts to suit their individual needs.
You get to earn some money every time someone listens to your content, thanks to Ads by Anchor. With this, you can do an audio ad recording in your voice or add sponsor-read ads to your episodes.
- Free Unlimited Hosting – You host all your episodes for free and own their rights.
- Monetization Options – When people listen to your episodes, you earn money. You also get more money through Ads by Anchor.
- Listener Support – By pressing the optional button on your Anchor profile.
- Analytics from Spotify – Gives you some statistics about your listeners and content views.
- Flexible Recording and Uploading – Anchor has recording tools that directly capture audio from your tablet, phone, or computer and sync the content. You can also opt to import existing video or audio.
- Intuitive Episode Building – Its audio segments have easy-to-visualize building blocks.
- Easy Collaboration with Co-hosts, Listeners, and Guests – You can record alongside multiple people simultaneously. Your listeners can also send you a voice message during the live stream.
- Exclusive Spotify Music Integration – This lets you get any track from Spotify and add it to your episodes.
Anchor is free for all its users.
The leading grade podcast recording software with robust recording, editing, and publishing tools.
The Cast comes in three parts; the Studio enables you to record high-fidelity audio, the Editor for editing podcasts, and the Publisher for publishing all your content at the click of a button.
The intriguing part is that all Cast plans have hosting, analytics, and RSS feeds at no extra cost. Besides, you can choose to record yourself or invite up to three guests.
Its learning curve is simple; thus, beginners can feel encouraged to try it out. For seamless podcast production, use Google Chrome when recording on Cast.
- High-quality Synched Audio – You can record your audio alone or with guests.
- Guests Don’t Need to Log In – You just send them a link; they click on it and join the conversation.
- Audio Storage in the Cloud – Guarantees the safety of your content, and you can retrieve it anytime you want.
- Live Text Chat and Show Notes – Listeners can send you a message during the live show. You can also share your notes with guests.
- Analytics on Published Casts – You get the data on the number of people listening to your content, their geolocation, apps, and devices to view your podcasts.
- No Download – Everything remains online. You cannot download the content.
- Unlimited Editing and Mixing – The software gives you all the tools you need to edit and mix your content.
- Unlimited RSS Feeds – Access to automatic information updates.
Cast gives you a free trial for one month. After that, you can subscribe to the Hobby plan for $10 per month or the Cast Pro plan for $30 per month.
Innovative podcasting software for recording and editing podcasts.
Podcasting has gotten even better with the Descript podcast editing software. What sets this podcast software apart from other podcast-making apps is its transcription and overdub features.
The overdub feature (a stable of pre-recorded voices) comes in handy for users who can’t speak physically but want to create a podcast.
Another good feature of Descript is its auto-transcripts, which grant you the ability to edit your content from within the text. Besides, this platform can learn and master your voice, enabling you to type scripts by saying them.
You can also import royalty-free music and sound effects into your project and access it anytime from your media library. What’s best is that you backup all recordings in the library. Therefore, if you happen to make a mistake while editing, you can still retrieve the original version.
- Multi-track Recording – allows you to record webcam, audio, and screen video. You can also use its computer audio recording to capture your zoom sessions.
- Accurate Automatic Transcripts – Descript offers 95% accuracy in transcribing content.
- Easy collaboration – With Google Docs-style live commenting, collaboration, and automatic cloud media storage, working with a co-host becomes easy.
- Content Promotion – You do this by making custom audio and video clips with animated captions tailored for social media.
- Easy Content Sharing – You can export your podcasts to Descript’s built-in sharable pages with analytics and access controls.
- Quick Publishing – With just a single click, you publish your podcast recordings to a dozen podcast destinations, like Transistor, Buzzsprout, and Captivate.
- Cloud Sync – Enables instant access to Descript from anywhere.
You can start with its Free plan to test the podcast software features. The premium plans include the Creator plan, which goes for $15 per month, the Pro plan subscription, which is available for $30 per month, and the Enterprise custom plan, which is available on demand.
Unique Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) for podcasters, audiobook producers, and radio broadcasters.
Hindenburg got your back with all the necessary tools to have a seamless recording, editing, and publishing of professional audio. If you are a podcaster, radio host, or audiobook producer with multiple interviews or clips to piece together, this podcast software will do the magic for you.
The software is easy to use, as you only need to plug in your microphone and start to record. You can use your mobile device or desktop while recording, and it offers software for Windows, iPhone, Mac, and iPad.
Its multi-track audio editor and other features for controlling audio quality ensure you get high production value for all your content.
And to ensure you understand well how to use the podcasting platform, Hindenburg provides you with video tutorials, live webinars, the knowledge base, and other materials needed for a successful podcast publishing.
- Direct Upload of Finished Podcasts to Libsyn or SoundCloud – Keeps the content secure and enables you to access it anytime.
- Multitrack Recording – You can record several guests at a go.
- Magic Levels – Deals with varying levels.
- Sets Sound Levels Automatically Based on Audio Loudness – It aims to ensure consistency and clarity of the sounds.
- Clipboard Feature – Enables you to save audio clips for later.
- Field Recorder App for Mobile Recording – Works for iOS only.
- High Production Value – This comes in handy when you have numerous clips to handle.
- Records Uncompressed Sound – It helps Hindenburg to deliver the best quality audio.
- Cross-compatible – Enables you to host other co-workers with different DAWs.
Hindenburg Pro, the Hindenburg product for podcasting and radio subscription, is available to users for a one-time price of $399. However, you can opt for the $10/month annual billing plan or the $12/month monthly billing option.
Best podcast platform for recording high-definition podcasts and interviews.
Iris is an easy-to-use podcast hosting platform that works best with Android phones, tablets, iPhones, iPads, laptops, and desktops. You don’t need to download the software or make your guests download it before recording.
The podcasting software works well with any browser and device, making it an ideal choice to use. It records all your HD audio and video locally for up to 4k and streams them in 720p. All your podcast recordings are backed up to the cloud while you record for added safety.
What’s more, the entire podcast recording and uploading process happen with encryption for your security and privacy. That way, you can be at peace while interviewing or podcasting remotely.
- Automatic Upload to Dropbox and Google Drive – Provides backup for all your content.
- Live Broadcast to Streaming Platforms – They include Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
- Custom Recording Rooms – You can create your custom recording room using your URL to invite others. Further, use the waiting room feature to lock the room.
- Separate Audio and Video Files for Each Guest – The files come in formats you can easily edit or upload to the podcast host.
- No Software Download Needed – Everything takes place on the podcast platform.
- Crystal Clear Audio – Records locally to deliver the best audio.
- Scheduling for a Recording – The features allow you to plan by setting a recording date and sending invites to include guests on your calendar.
- Easy Collaboration with Team Members – This software allows you to add team members and adjust permissions to record and download existing podcasts.
Iris avails its recording services for up to an hour for free. The monthly subscription plan goes for $9 per month, giving you a 2-hour recording time.
For a 5-hour recording time, you’ll have to pay $19 per month, and if you need a 10-hour recording time, the subscription is $29/month.
Zencastr is among the first online multi-track recorder options available today. The podcasting software is built to operate right in your browser, enabling you to record anywhere without downloading it.
Its all-in-one interface makes it simple to use without prior training. Besides, you can invite up to four guests, and all they need to do to join the podcast is click on the link, and that’s it.
The software’s new Open Video Beta records up to 1080p HD Video, allowing you to mix your recorded videos into one with automatic post-production and synchronized audio. Zencastr also generates quality transcriptions within the shortest time possible.
Recommended browsers for seamless podcasting include Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Brave.
- Studio-Quality Sound – Zencastr uses local recording to generate a 16-bit 48k WAV audio track for every guest.
- HD Video Recording – Its Open Video Beta captures up to 1080p HD Video.
- Built-in Footnotes and VoIP Chat – Enables you to chat and talk in one place.
- Cloud-Based Soundboard for Live Editing – You can insert audio clips while recording. Also, it enables you to include an intro, outro, and ads in your podcast.
- Automatic Post-production – After recording, the automated post-production mixes your tracks into one video and audio mix.
- Secure Cloud Backup – All your recordings are backed up in Google Drive or Dropbox.
- No Learning Curve – The software features an easy-to-use, all-in-one interface.
Zencastr’s Hobbyist plan is available for free, while the Professional plan is available for $20/month. The Professional plan also has a 14-day free trial, which you can use to learn and master the basic features of the software.
Advanced audio recording software for Mac.
To record with this software, you have to launch your Logic Pro’s quick sampler and fix the microphone in its place. The Flex Time feature is there to help you manipulate the timing and tempo of your recording.
Some knowledge of audio engineering and DAWs will enable you to make the most out of this podcasting platform. Therefore, if you need something more straightforward for a beginner, you might first check other more accessible options.
One of the features that I like most about this software is the Logic remote that enables you to use your iPad or iPhone to control your Logic Pro. With this, you gain access to multi-Touch gestures that help you mix tracks and control software features like Remix FX and Live Loops.
- Integrated Dolby Atmos Tools – Lets you mix and export songs as spatial audio.
- Optimized Plug-ins for Spatial Audio – The plug-ins in the Dolby Atmos function well, providing all the necessary tools for creating a professional-sounding spatial mix.
- Logic Remote – Enables you to control your Logic Pro using your iPad and iPhone.
- Live Loops – Helps you explore musical ideas by creating unique arrangements.
- Multi-Touch Mixing – Controls and plays your mix from anywhere in the room.
- Key Commands – You can create your custom essential command set or use the curated commands.
- Beat Sequencing – Logic Pro programs melodic parts and patterns, creating dynamic rhythmic performances.
- Remix FX – Add DJ-style transitions and effects to your podcasts, including echoes, shutters, and filters.
- Flex Time – Manipulates the tempo and timing of your recording.
You can buy and download the Apple Logic Pro from the Mac App Store for $199.99.
Number #1 free, cross-platform podcast software.
You may consider checking Audacity if you need a free, easy-to-use audio recorder and editor. This free open-source audio recording and podcasting software brings a wide array of features and tools for macOS, Linus/GNU, Windows, and other operating systems.
Using an Audacity microphone or mixer, you can capture and record live audio and use the level meter to monitor its volume before, during, and after the recording. Additionally, you may also choose to dub over recorded tracks to make multi-track recordings.
The podcasting software further removes unwanted background noise, hisses, and hums from your audio and lets you fix any flaws you may find in the recording.
Audacity also supports the export and import of multiple files, including WAV, MP3, AIFF, FLAC, AU, and Ogg Vorbis.
- Seamless Recording – This happens through a mixer or microphone. Alternatively, you can digitize recordings from different media.
- Exceptional Sound Quality – Audacity supports 32-bit. 24-bit and 16-bit use high-quality dithering and resampling to convert sample rates and formats.
- Enables File Import and Export – You can do this in various file formats and transfer multiple files at a go.
- Audio Unit Effect Plug-ins – You can easily modify the Nyquist effect in a text editor.
- Easy Editing Through Copy, Paste, Cut, and Delete – Let’s you undo and redo.
- Spectrogram View Mode – Helps visualize and select frequencies.
- Wide Range of Keyboard Shortcuts – They aid in manipulating tracks and selections fully.
Audacity is free for all its users.
Best music and podcast production software for iOS and macOS.
GarageBand is the leading podcast recording software for Mac users and lets them organize and combine several audios into one podcast in no time.
The software has a user-friendly interface and an easy learning curve, making it a better alternative for those who wish to kick start their journey in podcasting.
Its pre-recorded synths and loops help you develop background jingles and music for your podcast. And on top of that, you can effortlessly generate separate tracks for ad spots, intros, and outros.
- Smart control – Lets you twist participants’ voices for maximum optimization of podcast recording in real-time.
- Add Track – You can use your iPad or iPhone to include a track to your recording on the go.
- Master Track – Enables you to mix compression and control the overall EQ to consistently average levels.
- Quick Sharing – Garageband allows you to share your published podcasts with family, friends, and the entire internet through social media networks.
- Robust Synths with Shape-shifting Controls – Helps you tweak sounds to fit your preference.
- MIDI Sound Tool – Enables you to generate intriguing background music for your podcasts.
- Ability to Include Real-Time Effects in Your Recording – You get to minimize your post-production work.
Download GarageBand from Apple’s app store for free.
Before you settle for podcast software, here are a few factors you need to consider:
Look for podcast software with adequate technical support. It should have resources and help documentation to help you out when things seem not to work.
Recording and editing podcasts involve two separate processes. However, podcast hosting platforms differ in their editing capabilities, some having more editing features and others less.
Therefore, if you prefer an all-in-one solution, you might consider podcast recording software with extensive editing capabilities for a seamless process.
Check my ultimate guide on how to record a podcast.
After creating your raw recordings and edited podcasts, you will need a place to save them. Basic podcast software may enable you to keep your recordings locally on the computer.
But if you have included several participants in your podcasts, you need to check for a split-track recording function on the podcast software of choice.
The split-track recording lets you create and save a separate audio recording for each of your podcast participants. That way, you get to maintain consistency in the quality of your podcasts.
If you are operating on a fixed budget, you must consider podcast software prices before purchasing any software. You can still find some great podcasting tools for free. But if you need to get the most out of your software, invest in a paid package.
Best Podcast Software: Conclusion
Picking the best podcast software can be daunting, especially for beginners. However, I believe you’ll easily pick one that will enable you to record, edit efficiently, and publish your podcasts with this list.
However, you must remember that each option has unique and standard podcast software features. You need to pay more attention to those individual features to determine the best option for you.
For instance, Riverside could be a better choice if you need software with advanced capabilities, seamless content transcription, and can accommodate up to 8 participants.
But if you need free, easy-to-use software with a straightforward interface and easy collaboration, Anchor will help you record, edit, and publish your podcasts from anywhere.
So make a choice that stands out and meets your personal and business needs to the fullest.
If you’re interested in music and audio software, you might also want to check out my guides on the best video editing software, video tutorial software, music production software, and audio converters.