In this article, I’ll review ClickFunnels, recently revamped to ClickFunnels 2.0.
Sales funnels have recently attracted marketers’ attention and generated a buzz. Being the original funnel builder, ClickFunnels has been in the limelight of sales funnel builders.
ClickFunnels is a web-based application and marketing platform that allows users to create landing pages, sales funnels, and membership sites.
Entrepreneurs and businesses of all sizes have used it for eCommerce, affiliate marketing, creating high-converting sales funnels, and building up their value ladder.
In this ClickFunnels review (ClickFunnels 2.0 review), you’ll learn:
- What ClickFunnels is.
- Who created ClickFunnels.
- Who ClickFunnels is for.
- What’s new in ClickFunnels 2.0.
- ClickFunnels features.
- How ClickFunnels work.
- What ClickFunnels pricing is like.
- How ClickFunnels can help you grow your business.
- ClickFunnels Pros & Cons
What is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder, marketing automation tool, landing page builder, email autoresponder, and membership site builder all in one. You can also create an eCommerce store with a shopping cart.
You can use ClickFunnels to build your basic sales funnel and more advanced funnels that include several steps and numerous elements, such as videos or live webinars.
ClickFunnels is a powerful tool that allows you to build almost any kind of sales funnel you can think of. You can use it to create funnels for lead pages, product launches, webinars, and more. It’s also very easy to use and takes only a few minutes to get started with ClickFunnels.
Who Created ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels is a company founded by Russell Brunson, a well-known Internet marketer (probably the most charismatic marketer I’ve seen lately).
He founded ClickFunnels with the goal of creating an all-in-one solution that any business owner could use at any stage of their growth.
Russell Brunson is one of the most well-known Internet marketers in the world today. He’s written several bestselling books on Internet marketing, including the Secrets Trilogy:
These books have been read by millions of people worldwide, allowing him to spread the word about sales funnels. In turn, businesses of all sizes can leverage this marketing strategy to grow their businesses.
Russell also created the famous One Funnel Away Challenge, where he teaches you for 30 days how to build your first sales funnel.
Who is ClickFunnels For?
ClickFunnels is for anyone who wishes to build their own online business. Whether you want to make money online, generate leads, sell products or create a membership site, ClickFunnels can help you.
It’s also great for affiliate marketers looking for ways to scale up their operations and offer more value to their customers.
The software is designed to make it easy for anyone to build a website or online store without having to deal with technical issues. It’s also designed for people who want to create an online membership site, where subscribers pay monthly fees for exclusive content and resources.
Check out some testimonials of real ClickFunnels users.
In a nutshell, ClickFunnels is for anyone who wishes to leverage all-inclusive strategies and channels to grow their businesses, including:
- Creating sales funnels.
- Email marketing automation.
- Online courses.
- A website or a blog.
- Membership sites.
- An eCommerce store.
- Managing an affiliate program.
- And more.
However, if you’re an agency looking for an all-in-one marketing solution to manage multiple clients and even resell a white-labeled platform, forget about ClickFunnels. You should use GoHighLevel, as they’re specifically built for digital marketing agencies.
Additionally, you might be interested in a marketing agency platform for your business.
How Does ClickFunnels Work?
ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder that allows you to build a sales funnel without writing any code.
To understand how ClickFunnels works, we need first to understand what a sales funnel is and how it works.
A sales funnel is a process where you take your prospects from being someone who has no idea what you do or cares about your product to a point where they are ready to buy from you.
The best part about this sales process is that it’s fully automated! You don’t have to spend hours doing manual work for each and every prospect who comes into your business. You just set up an automated system that takes care of everything for you.
Moreover, you don’t need to build sales funnels from scratch. You can use their pre-built, and high-converting sales funnel templates to help you get started.
With the new ClickFunnels version, ClickFunnels 2.0, users can now build online courses, create email campaigns and automation workflows, webinars, websites, eCommerce stores, and much more. All these platforms can be easily integrated to help you expand your business under a single dashboard.
How Do Sales Funnels Work?
A sales funnel is a sequence or series of steps that a prospect goes through from the very beginning stages of your relationship with them all the way to conversion.
A good sales funnel has at least three primary stages:
- Awareness stage – The prospect learns about your product or service and becomes aware of it.
- Consideration stage – The prospect starts to consider whether or not your goods or service is something they need.
- Conversion stage – The prospect makes a purchase decision and converts into a paying customer.
In other words, sales funnels are a way of breaking down the steps needed to make a sale so that you can focus on each step separately.
- Top of the funnel – The first step is to get people interested in your product. It’s where you build your list and get people to opt in.
- Middle of the funnel – Next, you have to convert those people into leads by getting them to fill out a form on your website or give you their email addresses.
- Bottom of the funnel – After that, it’s time to nurture those leads by sending them emails or special offers that motivate them to buy your product or service. The bottom of the funnel is where they finally make a purchase.
ClickFunnels 1.0 vs. ClickFunnels 2.0
Most people still know the old ClickFunnels software, where you could only build sales funnels and had to integrate them with third-party tools. While previously you had to combine various pages into a single sales funnel, you now have access to a full website ecosystem on a single platform.
Recently, Russell Brunson and his team revamped the software to ClickFunnels 2.0, making it one of the top all-in-one platforms with cutting-edge technology. This is something the ClickFunnels community was eagerly expecting.
Russell Brunson first introduced ClickFunnels 2.0 with his free 5-day Your First Funnel Challenge, where he teaches you how to build sales funnels using the platform.
Now, with ClickFunnels 2.0, you can access all the tools you need to market your business all in one platform. All your pages, internal workflows, real-time analytics, pages builder, follow-up funnels, and more are accessible under one single platform.
What’s the Difference Between ClickFunnels 1.0 and ClickFunnels 2.0?
The funnel hub is the home for creating websites and sales funnels with new cutting-edge technology. It’s your backend headquarters.
Visual Automation Builder
The visual automation builder allows you to easily customize the order of a funnel and its individual pages.
Using ClickFunnels 2.0 new custom CRM funnels, you can create internal processes to follow up with prospects, close transactions, and provide customer support to make the process of converting prospects easier. It allows you to build complex funnels while offering other essential marketing tools.
Using the Funnel Hub, you can grant the appropriate access to the right people and collaborate with team members more effectively.
Integrated Blog Builder
ClickFunnels 2.0 lets you publish blog posts on your fully functional website. The completely reimagined platform now lets you create your own blog.
With ClickFunnels 2.0 new and improved features, selling online courses couldn’t be easier.
Create beautiful membership sites with multiple pages and member log in capabilities.
eCommerce Site Builder
ClickFunnels 2.0 allows you to create not only funnels but also a full-fledged eCommerce store to sell your products. It features a shopping cart builder and shopping cart funnels to help you customize your store to the maximum.
Email Marketing Automation
The new version of ClickFunnels lets you create unlimited email sequences and workflows without needing a separate platform.
Real-Time Analytics Dashboard
With the ClickFunnels 2.0 new platform, you can now get insights into funnel analytics and real-time analytics.
All these features are only just the beginning, as the team at ClickFunnels keeps releasing new features and integrations.
ClickFunnels Features (ClickFunnels 2.0 Features)
ClickFunnels offers many professional features for every online entrepreneur. In this section of my ClickFunnels review, I’ll list those features according to what you can find in the ClickFunnels dashboard.
After signing up for your free ClickFunnels trial, you can choose your website theme immediately (you can change it later).
In the Site & Funnels tab, you can customize your site using the drag-and-drop builder. All pages can be customized, including the following:
- Blog archive.
- Customer center.
- Online course page.
- Page not found (also known as the 404 error page).
- Coming soon page.
You can also create new pages from scratch. Fortunately, the ClickFunnels website builder includes universal elements. This means you don’t have to edit all your ClickFunnels pages manually. You may update that page element across your sales funnel by simply setting it to be universal.
On the Settings page of your website, you can include information such as your site title, favicon, logos, tracking codes for header and footer, and SEO meta-description.
ClickFunnels offers a clutter-free experience for building sales funnels. As the original funnel builder, ClickFunnels knows how to build high-converting sales funnels.
Instead of creating a sales funnel from scratch, you can use funnel Recipes or funnel templates, including:
- Optin Funnel.
- Reverse Squeeze Page Funnel.
- Lead Magnet Funnel.
- Bridge Funnel.
- Squeeze Page Funnel.
- Live Demo Funnel.
- Hero Funnel.
- Application Funnel.
- Ask Campaign.
Each funnel template has different funnel steps that are highly optimized for its purpose.
ClickFunnels allows you to create attractive landing pages, such as standalone, theme, site, and funnel pages.
Unlike other landing page software, you can connect your ClickFunnels landing pages with sales funnels and email automation tools.
The page builder makes it easy to create beautiful landing pages thanks to its drag-and-drop feature.
If you had other domains in the past, the best way to funnel your audience to your current page or funnel is to use URL redirects.
You can connect various URLs to the same page using a URL redirect. A URL redirect can also be used to send visitors from a page or offer that is no longer active to one that is.
ClickFunnels lets you create online courses with unlimited modules. Editing and creating new course modules is as easy as drag-and-drop. Besides, each page element includes a CSS editor that you can further customize if you’re tech savvy.
Online courses are a great way to gather new audiences and generate more revenue for your business.
Domains & URLs
ClickFunnels makes it easy to manage all your domains and URLs in a single location. You can find your blog, courses, pages, and funnels URLs in this section and change their permalink if you need to.
It also lets you connect custom domains to your ClickFunnels account.
ClikFunnels allows you to create different types of products to sell on your eCommerce store, such as:
- Digital products.
- Physical products.
You can then assign specific images, pricing, SKU, purchase actions, variants (size, color), and tags to each individual product.
After selling your products on your eCommerce store, you can track all your orders and payments inside ClickFunnels’ dashboard.
You can manage your subscriptions, draft and abandoned orders, and assign order tags to all of them. Assigning tags will make sending personalized email campaigns or automation sequences easier to those clients.
Furthermore, you can also export your orders in a CSV spreadsheet, including all the fields you choose, like the order number, date, customer name, email, prices, quantities, and dozens more.
ClickFunnels also allows you to manage your contacts in a single dashboard, including contact tags and segments (so you can leverage email marketing automation).
If you already have a list of contacts from other email marketing software, you can import it to your ClickFunnels account.
The analytics reporting lets you monitor the performance of your marketing strategies, whether it’s about funnels, workflows, course engagement, sales, pageviews, opt-ins, or subscriptions.
Email Marketing Tool
With ClickFunnels, you can now send professional-looking emails and create email workflows to nurture your leads. You can also send email broadcasts (newsletters), countdown timers, events and deadlines, and create your own email templates.
Workflows include triggers, delays, split tests, conditional split paths, conditional goals, and more. Email automation software is a crucial component of every business’s marketing tools. Fortunately, ClickFunnels provides it for free for every user.
You can choose from several email templates according to their categories, such as promotional, invitation, newsletter, or order confirmation.
Although this tool is still under development, it gives ClickFunnels users who need to reach clients through channels other than email some interesting advantages.
For example, you’ll be able to create sales pipelines to help you organize and evaluate your sales process. You will also be able to access conversations, appointments, reputation management, phone calls, and lead scoring.
Affiliate Program Management
If you intend to reach a wider audience by recruiting affiliates to promote your products, you can. ClickFunnels’ affiliate program management system allows you to create an affiliate program for your products so you can attract new audiences and grow your revenue while rewarding your affiliates.
Affiliate marketing is a great way to expand your reach out into the world. And if you have an enticing affiliate program with high commissions, you’ll eventually attract more affiliates to promote your offers.
ClickFunnels Pricing (ClickFunnels 2.0 Pricing)
ClickFunnels offers three straightforward pricing plans, depending on your needs.
- Basic ($127/mo) – 1 website, 20 funnels, 3 courses, 1,000 students, 10,000 contacts.
- Pro ($157/mo) – 1 website, 100 funnels, 15 courses, 10,000 students, 25,000 contacts. Create your own affiliate program, get API access, and share your funnels.
- Funnel Hacker ($208/mo) – 3 websites, unlimited funnels, 200 courses, 20,000 students, 200,000 contacts. Get all Pro features and access advanced analytics.
All plans have unlimited workflows, email sequences, products, and pages.
You can try ClickFunnels for free with their 14-day Free Trial. After your trial ends, they have a 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days.
If you use ClickFunnels to open your eCommerce store and sell products, you’ll receive the total price you tag your product with. ClickFunnels will never take a percentage of your sales.
How Can ClickFunnels Help You Grow Your Business?
ClickFunnels is a powerful tool that helps businesses grow. It is a platform you can use to create landing pages and sales funnels, which will help you convert more visitors into customers.
Using this tool, you can create an effective marketing funnel for almost any business niche, including:
- eCommerce Stores.
- Membership Sites.
- Software Products.
- Online Courses.
How can ClickFunnels help you grow your business?
- Grow your business by getting more customers and increasing sales.
- Learn how to create marketing funnels, boost sales and increase customer engagement.
- Save time and energy by using a proven system that is easy to use.
- No technical knowledge is required to create your own funnel.
- Create simple or complex marketing funnels in minutes with no coding skills required.
There are many reasons why you should use ClickFunnels to grow your business. Here are just a few:
- Conversion optimization – ClickFunnels has conversion optimization features that help you make more money.
- Unlimited funnels and pages – You can create as many funnels and pages as you want, all for one price.
- A/B testing – Split test your upsell flow, headlines, product images, and copy—all in one place.
- Email automation – Send unlimited emails to your prospects and customers or integrate your ClickFunnels account with your existing email marketing software.
- Online courses – Create and design courses to expand your customer contact, reach a wider audience, and generate more revenue.
- Webinars – Create compelling webinars to promote your products.
- eCommerce store – Build an eCommerce store with ClickFunnels’ easy drag-and-drop builder and expand your income streams.
- Affiliate Management Program – Recruit affiliates to promote your products.
ClickFunnels Pros & Cons
Every platform is not faultless. The same is true for ClickFunnels and other marketing tools. Below, I highlight some of ClickFunnels’ pros and cons.
- Easy to use – ClickFunnels is simple to set up and use, even for non-techies. The drag-and-drop editor is easy to figure out and lets you create landing pages and sales funnels in minutes.
- Lots of integrations with other tools – You can integrate your ClickFunnels account with other tools like email marketing software, webinar platforms, payment gateways, messaging apps, or sales tax pretty easily.
- Unlimited workflows and email sequences – Email marketing is crucial for any business that wishes to create a long-lasting relationship with its customers. Thankfully, ClickFunnels allows all its users to create unlimited email automation sequences and workflows, regardless of the plan they choose.
- A truly all-in-one solution – While you have many integrations with third-party platforms, ClickFunnels provides you with every tool you need to market and grow your business.
- Great support – The ClickFunnels support team is responsive and helpful, whether you’re talking to them over email or chatting with them in real time on the phone or live chat via the platform. They also offer a free 14-day trial of their plans, so there’s no risk in trying it out.
- Pricey if you only want to build a website – If all you want is a simple website builder that lets people buy products directly through PayPal checkout buttons, then ClickFunnels might not be the right choice for you. To build a website with great speed and performance, there are cheaper options available online such as Rocket.net (the fastest web hosting provider), which starts at $30/month.
- Limited websites – The Basic plan only offers 1 website. Even the most expensive Funnel Hacker plan only provides users with 3 websites. If building websites is part of your strategy, you might need to invest in a third-party web hosting solution.
- Can’t manage social media accounts – While being an all-inclusive platform, ClickFunnels cannot still manage social media accounts.
- Doesn’t have an app builder – Most businesses need to market their services through several channels, including smartphone apps. Since almost anyone today has a smartphone, including an app builder would be a very welcoming feature on future ClickFunnels updates.
ClickFunnels Affiliate Program
The ClickFunnels affiliate program is one of the best recurring affiliate programs among online marketing platforms. Besides, affiliates don’t need to be ClickFunnels users to start promoting the platform with your affiliate link.
What makes the ClickFunnels affiliate program so enticing is that you can promote free products like the Trilogy Secrets books (customers only have to pay for shipping) and get a 40% commission.
While the ClickFunnels subscription plans offer a 20% commission to new affiliates, those commissions can increase over time. When you reach a $1,000 commission in a given month, you can apply to become an approved ClickFunnels affiliate that earns a 30% recurring commission.
You can become eligible to upgrade your commission to 40% monthly recurring commissions once you have at least 40 active ClickFunnels members who have paid for their subscription through your affiliate account for at least 30 days.
The best way to start learning how to promote ClickFunnels is to join their free Affiliate Bootcamp program, where you can uplevel your skills as an affiliate marketer.
ClickFunnels vs. HighLevel
In terms of pricing structure and features, HighLevel is probably the best ClickFunnels alternative on the market.
While both platforms have many similarities, HighLevel is explicitly tailored to marketing agency owners, as you can create accounts for your clients and manage them all in a single dashboard.
On the other hand, ClickFunnels was created for businesses and small businesses, not agencies. You cannot resell the platform, manage client and social media accounts, or white label it, unlike HighLevel.
Besides, HighLevel allows you to build a custom app for your business, something that lacks in ClickFunnels.
Ultimately, ClickFunnels is a fantastic HighLevel alternative if you only need to manage your own business and don’t require agency features.
Read more in my HighLevel review to learn more about this ClickFunnels alternative.
ClickFunnels Review Highlights
The ClickFunnels software is one of the top products of its kind in the online marketing industry. And because it’s easy to use, there’s practically no learning curve. Below, I highlight and review some of its popular features.
- Landing Pages – Building landing pages with ClickFunnels’ drag-and-drop editor couldn’t be easier. This great tool offers many pre-built templates for different types of products and services, such as eCommerce sites, membership sites, webinars, lead generation pages, or any other type of business model. You can choose one of them or create your own unique landing page from scratch by using this tool’s simple editor interface.
- Sales Funnels – A sales funnel is a sequence or series of steps that leads your website visitors from one point to another so that they move along through different stages of their journey with your business until they reach your intended goal (i.e., buying something). ClickFunnels gives you all the necessary features to create multiple funnels, including opt-in pages and sales pages, to help you boost your online sales.
- Email Marketing Tool – ClickFunnels features a powerful email marketing tool with full automation and segmentation to help you personalize your email campaigns.
- Website Builder – ClickFunnels allows you to build entire websites and blogs from scratch or high-converting templates. Moreover, all pages have mobile optimization in mind.
- eCommerce Site Builder – ClickFunnels gives you all the features you need to create an eCommerce store and sell digital or physical products.
- Integrations – The ClickFunnels software integrates with many third-party tools to help you expand your business.
- Analytics – You can obtain detailed sales statistics and other advanced reports so you can decide where to concentrate your efforts.
Who created ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels was co-founded and created by Russell Brunson and Todd Dickerson in 2004.
Is ClickFunnels legit?
Yes. ClickFunnels is a legitimate and highly-regarded software tool that has been around since 2014. It’s used by more than 100,000 businesses to create landing pages, sales funnels, and more.
The company was founded by Russell Brunson, who is considered one of the top online marketing experts in the world today. He’s been featured in Forbes Magazine as well as other major publications.
In short, ClickFunnels is a legitimate business opportunity that has helped thousands of people make money from home. If you’re looking for a way to start your own online business, this could be it!
What’s the main reason for choosing ClickFunnels?
The main reason for choosing ClickFunnels is the ease of use and the ability to create landing pages that are high converting. The drag-and-drop editor makes it easy for anyone to create a professional-looking landing page in just a few clicks.
The main reason why people choose ClickFunnels is that it allows them to build a high-quality sales funnel in just a few minutes. You can use the drag-and-drop builder to create a landing page or an entire sales funnel. This means that you don’t have to hire an expensive web developer or designer to build your website from scratch.
Besides, ClickFunnels provides all the necessary marketing tools you need to market your business, including email marketing automation, a website builder, an online course creator, an eCommerce store, and more.
Is there a free ClickFunnels plan?
Unfortunately, ClickFunnels doesn’t provide a free plan. However, you can try all the features using their 14-day free trial.
How expensive is ClickFunnels?
ClickFunnels Basic plan costs $127/mo while the Pro plan costs $157/mo. Funnel Hacker is the most expensive ClickFunnels plan, which costs $208/mo.
You can choose from those three main plans, each with different features. However, all three plans have the same core features:
- Unlimited workflows, pages, products, and email sequences.
What differs is the number of websites, funnels, courses, students, and contacts you get access to. Also, the Pro plan includes affiliate management, API access, ShareFunnels, and other tools.
Can you make money with ClickFunnels?
Yes! You can absolutely make money with ClickFunnels.
If you’re seeking a way to earn an extra income or start your own business, ClickFunnels is one of the top tools out there to help you do it.
The fact that it’s so simple to use makes it a great option for beginners who are just getting started with online marketing.
But even experienced marketers are using it to grow their businesses because of its effectiveness.
ClickFunnels Review (ClickFunnels 2.0): Conclusion
ClickFunnels is an excellent tool for anyone who wants to start their business off the ground and have an all-encompassing platform to create sales funnels, sales pages, email workflows, generate leads, or build an eCommerce store.
It also makes it easy to build your own site and offers many different templates that can be customized however you want. However, ClickFunnels is just a tool. The success of your business depends on how effective your marketing efforts are.
If you’re serious about starting your online business or boosting your own marketing campaign, ClickFunnels could be an excellent choice.