Last Updated on May 1, 2022 by Vasco Lourenço
This article lists the best Elon Musk quotes for entrepreneurs and business owners.
Elon Musk is widely known for his extravagant and sometimes weird quotes on business and life. However, some hard truths can be learned through some of Elon Musk’s famous quotes.
If you’re an aspiring entrepreneur or business owner, you should read this article. It has some of the best quotes by one of the most successful tech entrepreneurs of our time.
Some of Elon Musk’s quotes will motivate you to work hard and go big in your business. You can also use these quotations to learn from his leadership experiences and mistakes.
This article will find the best Elon Musk motivational quotes for entrepreneurs and businesses.
1. “You want to have a future where you’re expecting things to be better, not one where you’re expecting things to be worse.” — Elon Musk
2. “The first step is to establish that something is possible; then probability will occur.” — Elon Musk
3. “Constantly think about how you could be doing things better. Keep questioning yourself.” — Elon Musk
4. “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.” — Elon Musk
5. “If something is important enough, you should try, even if the probable outcome is failure.” — Elon Musk
6. “We’re going to make it happen. As God is my bloody witness, I’m hell-bent on making it work.” — Elon Musk
7. “If you get up in the morning and think the future is going to be better, it is a bright day. Otherwise, it’s not.” — Elon Musk
8. “Don’t be afraid of new arenas.” — Elon Musk
9. “Life is too short for long-term grudges.” — Elon Musk
10. “People should pursue what they’re passionate about. That will make them happier than pretty much anything else.” — Elon Musk
11. “Persistence is very important. You should not give up unless you are forced to give up.” — Elon Musk
12. “I could either watch it happen or be part of it.” — Elon Musk
13. “When Henry Ford made cheap, reliable cars, people said, ‘Nah, what’s wrong with a horse?’ That was a huge bet he made, and it worked.” — Elon Musk
14. “I operate on the physics approach to analysis. You boil things down to the first principles or fundamental truths in a particular area and then you reason up from there.” — Elon Musk
15. “When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor.” — Elon Musk
16. “Some people don’t like change but you need to embrace change if the alternative is disaster.” — Elon Musk
17. “There’s a tremendous bias against taking risks. Everyone is trying to optimize their ass-covering.” — Elon Musk
1. “You have to be pretty driven to make it happen. Otherwise, you will just make yourself miserable.” — Elon Musk
2. “My motivation for all my companies has been to be involved in something that I thought would have a significant impact on the world.” — Elon Musk
3. “It’s ok to have your eggs in one basket, as long as you control what happens to that basket.” — Elon Musk
4. “It’s very important to have a feedback loop, where you’re constantly thinking about what you’ve done and how you could be doing it better.” — Elon Musk
5. “I don’t create companies for the sake of creating companies, but to get things done.” — Elon Musk
6. “Any product that needs a manual to work is broken.” — Elon Musk
7. “Great companies are built on great products.” — Elon Musk
8. “I always invest my own money in the companies that I create. I don’t believe in the whole thing of just using other people’s money. I don’t think that’s right.” — Elon Musk
9. “Pay attention to negative feedback and solicit it, particularly from friends. Hardly anyone does that, and it’s incredibly helpful.” — Elon Musk
10. “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.” — Elon Musk
11. “People work better when they know what the goal is and why. It is important that people look forward to coming to work in the morning and enjoy working.” — Elon Musk
12. “It’s very important to like the people you work with, otherwise life [and] your job is gonna be quite miserable.” — Elon Musk
13. “A company is a group organized to create a product or service, and it is only as good as its people and how excited they are about creating.” — Elon Musk
14. “My biggest mistake is probably weighing too much on someone’s talent and not someone’s personality. I think it matters whether someone has a good heart.” — Elon Musk
15. “It is a mistake to hire huge numbers of people to get a complicated job done. Numbers will never compensate for talent in getting the right answer (two people who don’t know something are no better than one), will tend to slow down progress, and will make the task incredibly expensive.” — Elon Musk
Elon Musk is the CEO of Tesla, SpaceX, Neuralink, and The Boring Company. He is regarded as one of the most innovative businessmen of our time.
Musk was born in 1971 in South Africa. He then moved to Canada and then eventually to North America.
In the US, he started his career by forming a company called Zip2 with his brother Kimbal Musk. The company provided maps and directions to online newspapers. He later sold the company to Compaq, making him a multi-millionaire at 28 years old.
Then he cofounded X.com, an online bank that later merged with Confinity and became Paypal. In 2002, eBay acquired Paypal for $1.5 billion, from which Elon Musk received $165 million.
After that, he founded SpaceX, Tesla Motors, and SolarCity, which are all success stories we know today.
Elon Musk was born in Pretoria, South Africa on June 28, 1971. He is the son of a South African electromechanical engineer (Errol Musk) and a Canadian model (Maye Musk). Musk moved in with his father after his parents divorced in 1980.
He discovered the Commodore VIC-20 when he was ten years old. He taught himself to program and sold a BASIC-coded video game two years later.
BASIC is an imperative programming language created to assist individuals in learning to program rapidly. Blastar was the game’s name, and he quickly sold it for $500 to PC and Office Technology magazine.
Musk attended the private Waterkloof House Preparatory School as a child. In June of 1989, he traveled to Canada after finishing his final exams at Pretoria Boys High School. Through his Canadian mother, he became a Canadian citizen.
Elon Musk entered Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario, in 1989. Two years later, he transferred to the University of Pennsylvania, obtaining a Bachelor of Science in Physics from Pennsylvania’s College of Arts and Sciences and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics from the Wharton School of Pennsylvania. He then pursued his second bachelor’s degree for another year.
Elon Musk and fellow student Adeo Ressi bought a student residence to serve as a nightclub during Musk’s time at the University of Pennsylvania. Musk traveled to California in 1995, at the age of 24, to pursue a Ph.D. in physics at Stanford University, but left after just two days to create his own firms in the fields of the Internet, renewable energy, and space. In 2002, he became an American citizen.
He’s already a better coder than his teachers at twelve. He drops out of Stanford University at the age of 24 to launch his first business.
Four years later, Compaq buys his business, worth $300 million. In 2002, eBay purchased one of his other businesses, PayPal, for a whopping 1.5 billion dollars. He puts his money into SpaceX (2002), Tesla Motors (2004), and SolarCity (2006).
As one of the modern-day magnates, Elon Musk is someone to keep an eye on, as he’s always pushing forward the limits of our own beliefs about what can be done in the fields of technology.
Some hate the man, some idolize him… Whatever your opinion, we’ve got to admit he’s got vision.
I hope these Elon Musk’s quotes for entrepreneurs and businesses motivate you to take chances and risks so you can create and have a better life.
You might also like: