Last updated on August 30, 2022
COLLECTION OF YOUR DATA
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment on our site, you may opt-in to save your name, email address, and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Vasco Lourenço is an affiliate of many online tools, services, and products. Links on this website may be affiliate links, and Vasco Lourenço may earn commissions for purchases that are made by visitors to the website. These promotional links can be used to track a visitor’s purchase and credit it to Vasco Lourenço. This comes at no additional cost to you, and our goal is to provide the very best reviews and recommendations. If you have any questions, please contact us.
The content produced on www.vaslou.com and other materials is intended for informational and educational purposes only. The content is not designed to provide professional advice that you might get from a certified financial expert or legal expert. Reliance on any information on our website is done so at your own risk. The information is not intended to provide any certain type of financial or business outcome.
If you have any questions regarding this disclaimer, please contact email@example.com.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH
The following is a list of third parties that we may share your information with or for.
Affiliate Partners. We may share your information with affiliate partners to generate traffic or leads or for other business purposes.
Third Parties. We may share your information with third parties whom we have contractual relationships with, such as auditors, consultants, lawyers, and other professionals who rely on the data to provide us with professional services.
Third-party Partners. We may share your information with third parties we have partnered with to jointly create or offer a product, service, or joint promotion.
HOW LONG DO WE RETAIN YOUR DATA?
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
WHAT RIGHTS DO YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA?
If you have an account on this website, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
WE DO NOT SELL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell, rent or trade your personal information to any third parties, as we value your privacy.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
For your convenience, we provide links to third-party websites on our website, such as links to third-party social media platforms. If you click on a link to a third-party website, you will be directed to a third-party website. We cannot and do not control the privacy policies, content, and practices of the website owners and operators of any of the third-party websites that we link to. We encourage you to visit their websites directly to learn about their privacy policies.
This website is not directed towards or designed for use by children under the age of 18. This website and the information contained on it are specifically designed for individuals over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you must not access this website or perform any of the Actions. We do not knowingly collect, use, store, or share personal information from children under the age of 18. If you know or have reason to believe that we have collected data from anyone under the age of 18, please contact us using the contact details provided for the removal of that data.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The “Shine The Light” law, also known as California Civil Code Section 1798.83, entitles our users who reside in California to request and obtain from us, once a year and without cost, details about the categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with whom we shared personal information in the previous calendar year. If you live in California and would like to make such a request, kindly send your request to us in writing at the address listed below.
You have the right to ask that any undesired information you publicly disclose on the website be removed if you are under 18 years old, reside in California, and have an account with the website. Please contact us using the details listed below, specify the email address connected to your account, and state that you are a resident of California in order to seek the removal of such data. Please be advised that while we will take steps to prevent the data from being publicly shown on the website, the data may not be entirely or completely erased from our systems.
ABOUT THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
The information in this section, under the subheading “Notice About the General Data Protection Regulation”, applies to individuals covered by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”). References to “you” and “your” in this section refer only to those covered by GDPR. GDPR, which took effect on May 25, 2018, provides privacy rights for those inside the European Economic Area.
For the purposes of this section, “personal information” refers to any information relating to an individual which can be directly or indirectly used to identify such individual. Examples include first name and last name, email address, identification number, information about location, ethnicity, gender, biometric data, web cookies, and religious or political beliefs.
Legal basis for processing information. We may process personal information under the following conditions: (i) we have received your consent to process your personal information for one or more specific purposes, (ii) processing of your personal information is necessary to perform a contract to which you are a party to, or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, (iii) processing of your personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation we are subject to, (iv) processing of your personal information is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person, (v) processing of your personal information is necessary to perform a task carried out in the public interest or to exercise an official authority vested in us; (vi) processing of your personal information is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or a third party, except in certain circumstances where the need for the information is overridden by the need to protect the subject of the personal information (such as when the subject of the personal information is a child).
We are happy to let you know which legal basis applies to the processing of your personal information.
You have certain rights you can exercise under the GDPR, including the following. Please note that this summary is merely provided for your convenience, but we do not warrant the accuracy or exhaustiveness of this summary nor should you rely on this as an accurate or exhaustive list of your rights.
- Right to Access. You have the right to learn whether or not your personal information is being processed. If it is being processed, you have the right to access the personal information, and to learn certain information about your personal information, including: (i) why it is being processed, (ii) the categories of personal information we collected, (iii) the recipients or categories of recipients to whom we have or will disclose the personal information to, (iv) if possible, the amount of time we will store the personal information, or if not possible, the criteria we use to determine such period and (v) available information about the sources for personal information we collected.
- Right to Correction. You have the right to correct any inaccurate personal information about yourself. You also have the right to complete any incomplete personal information collected, including through providing an additional statement.
- Right to Be Forgotten. You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information, which we will do without undue delay under certain circumstances. Examples may include: (i) where the personal information is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, (ii) where you withdraw consent on the basis of which we processed your personal information, and there is no legal ground for processing such personal information, (iii) where you invoke your right to object (described below) and there are no overriding grounds for processing such personal information, (iv) where your personal information has been unlawfully processed and (v) where the personal information has to be erased to comply with a legal obligation.
- Right to Restrict Processing. You have the right to restrict the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances. Examples may include: (i) where you indicate the inaccuracy of your personal information, (ii) where the processing is unlawful but you would like the processing of your personal information to be restricted as opposed to erased, (iii) where we no longer need the personal information for processing, but you would like it restricted for a legal basis, and (iv) where you invoke your right to object (described below).
- Notification of Recipients of Personal Information. If you exercise your Right to Rectification, Right to Be Forgotten or Right to Restrict Processing (each as described above), we will convey that to each recipient we have shared your personal information with. You have the right to request we provide you with a list of all recipients we have notified.
- Right to Data Portability. You have the right to request your personal information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Right to Object. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information under certain circumstances. Examples may include: (i) where the personal information is being processed on grounds relating to your personal situation, where the legal grounds for processing such personal information falls under categories (v) and (vi) as described in the sub-section titled “Legal basis for processing information” and (ii) where the personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes.
- Right to Lodge a Complaint. You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
- Right To Object to Profiling. We may use automated decision-making in operating our website. You have the right not to be subjected to any decisions arising from automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affects you.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the contact details provided below. We are required to verify the identity of anyone who makes any request.