This article will list the best Richard Branson quotes on business, success, and leadership.
Richard Branson is a business investor and magnate from the United Kingdom. He is most known for founding the Virgin Group, which presently includes over 40 firms.
Branson has been ranked among the wealthiest people in Britain, with a net worth of $5 billion. He is also an active philanthropist, supporting causes such as climate change and drug policy reform.
Richard’s also known for his inspirational quotes on life and success.
The following quote collection features selected quotations by Richard Branson on topics such as entrepreneurship, leadership, business, and inspirational success.
Best Richard Branson Quotes
Below is a list of the best Richard Branson quotes:
- Richard Branson quotes on business.
- Richard Branson quotes on success.
- Richard Branson quotes on leadership.
Richard Branson Quotes on Business
1. “Train people well enough so they can leave, treat them well enough so they don’t want to.” — Richard Branson
2. “I have always believed that the way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers and that people flourish when they are praised.” — Richard Branson
3. “Hard-won things are more valuable than those that come too easily.” — Richard Branson
4. “Capitalism – which in its purest form is entrepreneurism even among the poorest of the poor – does work; but those who make money from it should put it back into society, not just sit on it as if they are hatching eggs.” — Richard Branson
5. “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later!” — Richard Branson
6. “To me, business isn’t about wearing suits or pleasing stockholders. It’s about being true to yourself, your ideas and focusing on the essentials.” — Richard Branson
7. “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one coming.” — Richard Branson
8. “Entrepreneurial business favors the open mind. It favors people whose optimism drives them to prepare for many possible futures, pretty much purely for the joy of doing so.” — Richard Branson
9. “Above all, you want to create something you are proud of. That’s always been my philosophy of business. I can honestly say that I have never gone into any business purely to make money. If that is the sole motive, then I believe you are better off doing nothing.” — Richard Branson
10. “Entrepreneurship is about turning what excites you in life into capital, so that you can do more of it and move forward with it.” — Richard Branson
11. “The brands that will thrive in the coming years are the ones that have a purpose beyond profit.” — Richard Branson
12. “Well, I think that there’s a very thin dividing line between success and failure. And I think if you start a business without financial backing, you’re likely to go the wrong side of that dividing line.” — Richard Branson
13. “A business has to be involving, it has to be fun. And it has to exercise your creative instincts.” — Richard Branson
14. “To launch a business means successfully solving problems. Solving problems means listening.” — Richard Branson
15. “I believe that drudgery and clock-watching are a terrible betrayal of that universal, inborn entrepreneurial spirit.” — Richard Branson
Richard Branson Quotes on Success
1. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” — Richard Branson
2. “Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity.” — Richard Branson
3. “To be successful you have to be out there, you have to hit the ground running.” — Richard Branson
4. “There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.” — Richard Branson
5. “Whatever your goal is you will never succeed unless you let go of your fears and fly.” — Richard Branson
6. “As soon as something stops being fun, I think it’s time to move on. Life is too short to be unhappy. Waking up stressed and miserable is not a good way to live.” — Richard Branson
7. “Do not be embarrassed by your failures, learn from them and start again.” — Richard Branson
8. “My definition of success? The more you’re actively and practically engaged, the more successful you will be.” — Richard Branson
9. “My general attitude to life is to enjoy every minute of every day. I never do anything with a feeling of, ‘Oh God, I’ve got to do this today.'” — Richard Branson
10. “My biggest motivation? Just to keep challenging myself. I see life almost like one long university education that I never had. Every day I’m learning something new.” — Richard Branson
11. “I’m prepared to try anything once.” — Richard Branson
Richard Branson Quotes on Leadership
1. ”Respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress.” — Richard Branson
2. “Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.” — Richard Branson
3. “How slim the line is between genius and insanity and between determination and stubbornness.” — Richard Branson
4. “My interest in life comes from setting myself huge, apparently unachievable challenges and trying to rise above them.” — Richard Branson
5. “As much as you need a strong personality to build a business from scratch, you also must understand the art of delegation. I have to be good at helping people run the individual businesses, and I have to be willing to step back. The company must be set up so it can continue without me” — Richard Branson
Richard Branson’s Brief Biography
Richard Branson experienced dyslexia as a child., and teachers thought he was stupid. He spent his time in the school library improving his reading skills and started small businesses, such as selling Christmas trees and birds.
He also had a rebellious streak and got into trouble for criticizing the school newspaper. As a result, he was expelled and dropped out of school.
Shortly after, the school’s principal’s words were, “I predict that you will either go to prison or become a millionaire.”
Richard traveled to London against his parents’ wishes to be a part of the cutting-edge music scene.
Richard joined the cool scene and began a tiny mail-order record firm. However, the record label soon began to lose money, and it was on the verge of going bankrupt. He concluded that the only option to save the business was to start a record store.
Richard’s gamble paid off, and his record shop became the hub of London’s cool music scene, even though the building’s owner told him he’d “never pay the rent” with a record shop.
In 1972, he received just enough money from the record store to create a recording studio, and Virgin Music was born. Virgin Music has grown to become the largest independent record label globally.
Richard expanded his commercial interests by founding his own travel firm and airline, but success was not always expected. Virgin Records was suffering by 1992, and he had to sell it to keep his other businesses solvent.
Richard Branson sobbed as he described it as “selling your children.”
Richard bounced back by founding Virgin Radio, a mobile phone firm, and subsequently V2, a new record label.
Today, the Virgin Group has over 40 companies in 35 countries, and Richard Branson’s net wealth exceeds $5 billion.
Richard has also joined the giving commitment, pledging to donate half of his fortune to charity.
His dyslexia has been described as a “gift, not a disability,” and he has adapted it to his management style, resulting in a unique leadership style.
Branson has devoted a lot of his attention to his space tourism endeavor in recent years. He launched Virgin Galactic, the world’s first commercial spaceline, in 2004. Clearly, for Richard Branson, the sky is not the limit.
Among other publications, “Losing My Virginity: How I’ve Survived, Had Fun, and Made a Fortune Doing Business My Way,” is an amazing autobiography by Richard Branson, a famous business genius of our time.
Looking back, it is evident that Branson’s goal-oriented attitude has contributed to his success in a variety of endeavors, including travel, music, and physical fitness.
I hope these Richard Branson quotes might lift you up in your business and life.