Last Updated on November 20, 2021 by Vasco Lourenço
Trying to pick video tutorial software for your business? The video marketing trend is becoming more and more popular, so it’s important to find the best video editing tools that are out there.
If you’re reading this blog post then I’m guessing that means you’ve already tried a few of them.
To help you make an informed decision about video editing software, I compiled a roundup-style blog post on the best video tutorial software available today.
For each tool, I rank them based on features, use cases, pros & cons, and pricing options. I also provide links to websites where you can learn more or purchase these video tutorial programs.
What Is Video Tutorial Software?
Video tutorial software is a video recording and video editing tool designed for the sole purpose of creating instructional videos, video tutorials, how-to guides, and presentations.
The highlight of these tutorial video creation tools is their screen recorder feature. In other words, a video tutorial maker or screen capture software with a built-in video editor allows you to create videos, online tutorial videos, and also create instructional videos that help your audience achieve a specific result.
The best screen recording tools let you export professional videos in different video formats, and allow you to even create digital signs.
Having video tutorial software allows for more clear and concise explanations on how to use certain things, as it can allow voice-over with video visuals over the screen at the same time.
What Are the Best Video Tutorial Software Tools?
Here’s a list of the best video tutorial software you can try today.
Camtasia is video tutorial software designed for creating screen captures, video tutorials, live demos and more. It lets you record your computer screen while presenting on it, making it great for video demonstrations of products or services.
Creating video tutorials with Camtasia has never been easier. You can import online content, and record your screen or anything you capture with a camera.
You can then use it as engaging tutorial-style clips with narration and music, save the recording for uploading anywhere, or even generate PDF files, Word documents, and Powerpoint presentations from one seamless workflow.
Camtasia is immediately useful for teachers who want to transform their lectures into captivating movies.
As one of the world’s best screen recorders, used by over 14 million users, it’s what you need to create highly engaging tutorial videos that will bring your pitches, trainings, or demos to life.
Camtasia works on every desktop platform so you can work on any computer without worrying about compatibility issues. Not only does Camtasia have a simple user interface, but it also has all of the built-in tools for editing and effects, like video editing filters, that let you turn raw footage into sophisticated recordings.
You can also easily share videos with anyone in real-time or export video files to a popular online video platform like YouTube or Facebook Video.
- Video templates in various styles for quicker creation.
- Record anything on your computer screen, like websites, software, video calls, or PowerPoint presentations.
- Simple drag-and-drop video editor.
- Access to royalty-free assets in the Camtasia library, including music and images.
- Record and edit audio clips using a microphone, or the sound from your computer.
- Reduce background noise.
- PowerPoint integration.
- Over 100 transitions.
- Highlight, spotlight, magnify, or smooth the motion of your cursor.
- Green-screen to remove backgrounds.
Camtasia video tutorial software is available for PC, Mac, and Linux. It has some price variations depending on the features you need. They offer four lifetime licenses.
- Individual: $299 per user.
- Business: $299 per user.
- Education: $214.71 per user.
- Government & Non-Profit: $268.99 per user.
All plans are backed up by a 30-day money-back guarantee and offer phone, chat, and email support with the first year of maintenance included.
Known as one of the best screencasting software for Mac, ScreenFlow is a lightweight video editor and screen recording app for all your needs.
With ScreenFlow, you can create tutorial videos effortlessly, by recording your computer screen while presenting on it. This makes it perfect for video demonstrations or presentations of products or services that might need some explanation.
One of the cool features this program has is its capabilities of simultaneous screen, camera, and mic recording.
As one of the best video editing software available, it’s packed with features that make creating tutorial videos easy, fun and fast. You can record your entire computer screen or just a portion of it to create tutorials, demos, presentations, and more.
Then edit your recordings using powerful tools like cut/copy/paste, audio dubbing, and voiceovers. And when you’re done recording you can upload your tutorial videos directly to your YouTube channel or Vimeo account without any additional steps required.
- Best screen recording available, whether you have multiple screens or retina displays.
- Great at editing audio files such as voiceovers and background music along with video clips.
- Access to a built-in stock media library, with over 500,00 unique assets like stock music, images, and footage.
- Webcam recording
- Capture video from your iPhone or iPad screen.
- Transitions, text animations, graphic animations, and multi-channel audio.
- Record independent audio from multiple apps at the same time.
- Video templates to help you create your tutorial fast.
- Create ADA-compliant soft subtitles.
- ScreenFlow: $149.
- ScreenFlow Super Pak: $209. Includes the Stock Media Library, an ever-growing library of more than 500,00o unique stock media assets. The library costs $60 for the first year and then renews at $79/yr.
- ScreenFlow Super Pak + Premium Support: $239. The library costs $51 the first year and includes premium support for $39.
If you’re looking to create something with a polished look, definitely consider trying out ScreenFlow.
Wondershare DemoCreator is video tutorial software designed to help you create impressive and engaging product demos, screencasts, and video presentations.
It’s a powerful video editor and demo-making tool that helps learners, educators, freelancers, and gamers to take idea-sharing to the next level. It allows users to create product demos with voiceover narration and video tutorials in minutes.
You’ll be able to make professional video tutorials without any technical knowledge at all.
This easy-to-use software lets anyone create high-quality tutorial videos by recording their computer screen while narrating what they are doing on it.
Because DemoCreator supports both Windows and Mac, there’s no need for separate versions of each project file when sharing across different devices or operating systems.
Plus, Wondershare DemoCreator includes an extensive library of over 10,000 royalty-free stock media, so you can get started immediately without having design skills or needing additional resources like stock footage or music tracks.
All these features combined give you everything needed for making compelling product demos in just minutes.
To make things even better, Wondeshare DemoCreator has a companion mobile app, FilmoraGo, that allows you to record on the go — perfect for creating how-to videos or tutorials while learning new skills yourself.
- Record your screen and edit video in one program.
- Drag & drop video customization.
- Support webcam, audio recording.
- Enjoy over 10,000+ royalty-free video effects.
- Pan, zoom, green screen, and motion effects.
- AI face recognition technology, with mask and mirror function.
- The screen drawing tool lets you draw and write on the recording screen in real-time.
- Supports adding voiceover audio tracks.
- Create how-to videos or tutorials anytime on your mobile device with the FilmoraGo app (and sync it back to your computer).
Wondershare DemoCreator is available for both Mac and Windows, and it comes in different plans:
- Annual Plan: $39.99/yr.
- Perpetual Plan: $59.99.
- Annual Bundle Plan: $99.99/yr. Includes one-year unlimited downloads of royalty-free assets from the DemoCreator Store.
For Team & Business:
- Annual Plan for one user: $69.99/yr.
- Perpetual Plan for one user: $99.99/yr.
- 1 Quarter License: $14.99/quarter.
- 1 Year License: $32.49/year.
- Perpetual License:$48.99.
Besides all these plans, it also offers bundles up to 53% off.
4. Hippo Video
Hippo Video is a video recording and video editing program designed to capture computer screen recordings. It also lets you record voiceovers as well as add eLearning objects into your video tutorials.
This screen recording tool is also one the most trusted video software in the industry, preferred by 5000+ businesses around the world, like Panasonic, Essilor, and TailWind.
This video tutorial software makes it easy for anyone to create and send personalized videos directly from their computer or mobile device with no special equipment or training required.
It’s perfect for customer-facing teams who want to stay connected with their clients but don’t have time to schedule meetings or train employees on complicated tools. You can even use their pre-recorded messages as well as live broadcasts.
Best of all, Hippo Video works across devices so you can reach everyone no matter what they’re using – whether it’s an iPhone, Android phone, tablet, Macbook Pro, or PC desktop computer.
If you need help getting started there are lots of resources available including templates and tutorials.
- Record your webcam, screen, or both.
- Record a digital whiteboard explainer, an easy video creation approach for teachers.
- Create video assignments for students.
- Record personalized feedback on students’ works.
- Share videos to your Google Drive, YouTube, Vimeo or Google Classroom.
- Use the presentation screen and your webcam video simultaneously.
- Capture high-quality images or record 1080p HD videos of all online activity on computer screens.
- Easily edit audio files such as voiceover tracks along with video clips right in their timeline layout.
- Green screen effect to remove backgrounds.
Hippo Video works on both Mac and Windows and comes at different plans, such as Sales, Marketing, Support, and Team Communication. Each plan has its own sub-plans with different prices.
The most affordable plans are Starter (Sales) at $15/mo and Starter (Support) at $10/mo. Plans can go as high as $99/mo for the Growth (Marketing) plan.
All plans offer a 7-day trial version. If you don’t subscribe to any plan, you automatically move to the Free Plan, where you can create unlimited tutorial videos completely free of cost for a lifetime. The downside are limitations such as 15-minute max per video, watermark, and no editing available.
5. iSpring Suite
iSpring Suite is one of the easiest ways to create professional-quality online training videos and video tutorials.
With its intuitive interface, it’s simple enough for anyone to use – even if they have no previous video production experience.
Once your project is complete, it’s easy to publish your tutorial videos on any of today’s popular platforms so that everyone from employees and partners to customers and students can access them anytime, anywhere.
There’s no for need expensive equipment or complicated software programs in order to produce great results with iSpring Suite.
iSpring Suite video editor offers everything you need right out of the box – including interactive quizzes that let learners test themselves as they watch your course (and then share their scores via social media).
Plus, they provide free support every step of the way.
- Add a video narration and annotations to your screencast recording.
- Edit videos incorporating a handy quiz-maker.
- Conversation simulator.
- Flipbook creator.
- iSpring Space, an online space for teamwork on eLearning projects.
- Content Library with 69,000+ eLearning assets, templates, and characters.
- Convert existing PowerPoint presentations into online courses in a couple of clicks.
- 14 ready-to-go question templates, including multiple-choice, matching, sequencing, drag-and-drop, and more.
iSpring Suite is only available for Windows and integrates with Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Word.
It comes in two plans:
- iSpring Suite:$770/year.
- iSpring Suite Max: $970/year. This includes iSpring Suite, Content Library, iSpring Space, and 24/7 technical support.
They also have a 30-day free trial and a lifetime license for $1,270 (without Content Library, iSpring Space, and support).
Snagit video tutorial software is a screen capture and video editing program designed for capturing screenshots as well as recording video tutorials.
Thanks to its easy-to-use interface, users can create video projects with drag & drop features.
With Snagit’s screen recording feature, it’s simple to create tutorials or show off how something works – without ever having to take a photo of your monitor again. Plus its new auto-scroll feature makes creating long scrolling captures easier than ever before.
In Snagit’s video editor, you can also add objects like icons and buttons to your tutorial videos. Perfect if you’re creating something more than just an instructional video.
- Panoramic Scrolling Capture where you can take a full-page horizontal and vertical scrolling screenshot.
- Includes various annotation tools to allow polish within your project (including arrows, speech bubbles, and callouts).
- Extract the text from a screen capture.
- Capture high-quality images or record 1080p HD videos of all online activity on computer screens.
- Turn a short recording into an animated GIF.
- Record your iOS screen.
- Create a video from a series of images.
- Design polished-looking training quickly using preloaded templates.
- Make objects in your screen captures movable.
Available for both Mac and Windows, Snagit costs $62.99 for one lifetime license. They also offer a special bundle where you can buy Snagit and Camtasia, the #1 Snagit companion, for $329.99. To get started, you can always try their free trial.
Loom is an essential tool for anyone who works remotely wanting to get started creating video tutorials.
It’s the easiest way to record quick videos of your screen and webcam, so you can share them with anyone in just one click. You can also upload them directly to Slack or email without leaving the app.
Loom is perfect for anyone who works with clients, wants to show their team what they do, or just needs a simple way to share information.
As they say on their website, it’s “a more efficient, expressive, effective way to communicate.”
- Record your screen or a particular app, with or without your camera. When you hit stop, a link is instantly copied to your clipboard, ready to share.
- Trim your video, add a call-to-action and a custom thumbnail.
- Viewers can express themselves by reacting to your video with emojis and comments.
- Require a password or make your video tutorial viewable only to specific email addresses.
- Create how-to videos and video tutorials within minutes of opening the application.
- Video resolution up to 4K.
- Starter: Free. Up to 25 videos/person, each 5 minutes max.
- Business: $8/mo. Advanced recording and analytics with unlimited videos and recording length.
- For advanced admin and security, they have the Enterprise plan, with a custom price.
Loom works seamlessly on Chrome and is available for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.
8. Ashampoo Snap
With more than 20 million users, Ashampoo Snap 10 is a Windows-only tutorial video maker software tailored for screenshots and video captures.
Snap lets you capture your entire screen and single web pages and turn them into images or high-quality videos with pixel precision accuracy. You can even auto-insert watermarking in your video content.
You can also use graphics, arrows, and automatic numbering, making it easy to quickly share what’s on your mind.
- Add drawings, text, or voice narration to your live videos.
- Visualize mouse clicks and key strokes.
- Automatically adapts to your screen resolution and display settings.
- Capture entire websites and multiple windows at once.
- Easy video editor.
- Export GIF animations.
- Multi-monitor capture up to 4K.
- Mouse click effects.
- Text recognition support.
- Exports PSD for further work in Adobe Photoshop.
Ashampoo Snap is priced at $39.99 one-time payment for up to three devices. If you want to upgrade from earlier Ashampoo versions, you only pay $14.99.
9. Joyoshare VidiKit
Joyoshare VidiKit is a simple and powerful software to create recordings, edits, and conversions of any media file. Though not as robust as other software on this list for creating tutorial videos, Joyoshare VidiKit offers a screen recording function that might do the trick for some users.
VidiKit lets you record your screen and system audio or microphone sound. It also allows you to record the content from a website, including audio.
- Record your screen up to 4K resolution at 60fps with no lag.
- No time limit for recordings.
- The recording process is not detected by other people.
- Record only audio and export to different formats.
- Record a specific part of your screen.
- Add and customize your personal watermark.
- Schedule your screen recording.
- Highlight and customize your mouse cursor.
Joyoshare VidiKit works on Windows and Mac and comes at different plans:
- 1-Month Plan: $19.95 per month.
- 1-Year Plan: $39.95 per year.
- Perpetual Plan: $55.95 one-time purchase.
VidiKit has a 30-day money-back guarantee and offers free lifetime updates. You can also test the software with their free trial.
Video Tutorial Software FAQs
Here are some common questions regarding video tutorial software.
What is the best software for making video tutorials?
If you want a powerful screen recorder and built-in video editor, made especially for creating tutorial videos and trainings, then Camtasia is my top choice.
Camtasia is the best tool to create a professional-looking video with animations, quizzes, music, special effects and many more cutting edge tools.
However, there are many different programs that you can use to create video tutorials. While all of them allow screen recording, some may lack important features to you, like having royalty-free media assets available on the fly (e.g., Camtasia).
Many other programs listed in this post also do the work, so take some time and research the pros and cons of each.
How do I make sure my videos are not too long?
The best way to avoid creating a tutorial video that is too long is to plan ahead before recording anything. Try to summarize what you want to say in your video into as few words as possible.
Additionally, watch out for rambling during playback, which may be edited out using a noise removal plugin (e.g., Camtasia). It might also be helpful to watch many tutorial videos beforehand, as this helps keep your videos concise.
What are the benefits of making video tutorials?
Video tutorials are an excellent way to help demonstrate how to use various features of a certain program.
The best part about them is that you can easily attach subtitles, which allows for user customization. They are also very easy to share on social media platforms such as YouTube and Facebook.
What are some tips I should know before making tutorial videos?
There are many different things to consider when looking at making video tutorials.
Make sure your content is relevant because otherwise it may not be helpful or entertaining for viewers. If you do not have any experience with the software being used, then it may be difficult to create tutorial videos that actually provide useful information.
It’s always best to try out tutorials yourself first to get a feel for what works and what doesn’t.
Best Video Tutorial Software – Conclusion
Whether you want to upload your how-to videos or tutorial videos directly to YouTube, or send them to clients, the tools listed in this post will help you get the job done.
While some tutorial video tools are better suited for images and screenshots, others have powerful screen recording features that can give your video content a wow factor.
Now that you’re better informed about the best video tutorial software tools on the market, you can choose wisely what fits best for your needs. Let me know in the comments what’s your favorite tool and why.
- Legendary Marketer 15-Second Free Leads Review - December 7, 2021
- 19+ Best Photo Editing Software for Mac - December 6, 2021
- 9 Best Video Tutorial Software Tools (Ranked and Reviewed) - November 18, 2021