Are you looking for the best YouTube to MOV converter tools? You’ve come to the right place. And if you don’t have to read, check out my top three choices.
Most YouTube video converters support the MP4 format, but not all of them support the MOV file extension.
MOV files are stored in a multimedia container format (QuickTime File Format—QTFF) developed by Apple. Thanks to its support for high-quality video, many video editors like to store their videos using MOV files.
While you may download YouTube videos as MOV files, it’s not guaranteed that the video will have the same quality as the YouTuber uploaded it. When you upload videos to YouTube, the platform does its own processing, and you never actually know the quality you’re getting when using a YouTube downloader.
Nonetheless, if you want to download YouTube videos as MOV files for device compatibility issues, then the tools listed in this article will help you do that. Some of these tools also download YouTube to AVI and other formats.
You won’t be at a loss if you choose any of the first four applications on this list as your YouTube to MOV downloader because I’ve used them extensively and provided my own reviews (see below).
My Top Picks For The Best YouTube To MOV Converters
|1. iTubeGo >> Full Review||Windows, Mac & Android||Free Trial/Starts at $9.95|
|2. SnapDownloader >> Full Review||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $7.99|
|3. VidJuice UniTube >> Full Review||Windows, Mac & Android||Free Trial/Starts at $9.95|
(Special Lifetime Deal)
|4. Wondershare UniConverter >> Full Review||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $39.99|
|5. VideoProc Converter||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $25.95|
- VidJuice UniTube Downloader
- Wondershare UniConverter
- VideoProc Converter
- Any Video Converter Free
- MiniTool uTube Downloader
What Are The Best YouTube To MOV Converter Tools?
Below I list the top YouTube MOV downloaders and converters.
iTubeGo YouTube Downloader tops the list of our best YouTube to MOV converter tools, which not only offers a rapid conversion experience but also is a flexible YouTube downloader with a variety of output options.
Downloading and converting videos from over 10,000 video-streaming websites, including YouTube, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and Instagram, is now significantly accelerated.
iTubeGo uses a highly developed video detection system that lets users quickly search and download videos from YouTube.
This YouTube MOV converter also extracts audio from videos in high quality. Not only can you use it to get MP3 songs from YouTube, but also a wide selection of other music websites.
Learn more about this fantastic YouTube to MOV converter in my in-depth iTubeGo review.
- Download and convert YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more videos to MOV in HD quality for free.
- iTubeGo supports over 10,000 video-sharing sites.
- Export video files to MOV, MP4, WMV, AVI, MKV, HEVC MP4, HEVC MKV, 3GP, FLV, iPhone/iPod, iPad, and Android Phones and Tablets.
- It supports batch downloading of multiple videos.
- It resumes interrupted or unsuccessful downloads.
- Download YouTube playlists and channels in one click.
- Trim the video you want to download by selecting the beginning and end of it using the built-in video editor.
iTubeGo is free to download and use on Macs, Windows computers, and Android mobile devices. For additional features, you can upgrade to the PRO version ($29.95 lifetime).
SnapDownloader is a YouTube to MOV video conversion tool available for Windows and macOS and has received numerous positive reviews.
It allows you to download videos quickly and easily from over a thousand different websites, including YouTube, Vimeo, and Facebook. In addition, it will enable you to convert videos into MOV format and download 360° VR/3D videos.
You can read my SnapDownloader review, where I share my experience using this tool.
- Download and convert YouTube videos to MOV, MP4, AVI, MP3, WAV, FLAC, and more.
- SnapDownloader allows you to download videos up to 8K resolution.
- Create a queue to download numerous videos all at once.
- Schedule video downloads for a later time.
- SnapDownloader is a YouTube audio downloader that lets you convert videos to audio.
- It contains a video trimmer, so you can download just the part you want.
- SnapDownloader has a built-in browser that allows access to numerous video-streaming websites, such as YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and more.
- 24/7 customer support.
SnapDownloader is available for 48 hours of limitless testing. After that, to keep using the software, you must buy a license.
- 1-Month subscription: $7.99
- 3-Month subscription: $16.99
- Annual subscription: $29.99
- Personal Lifetime license: $39.99
- Family Lifetime license: $69.99
All of these packages offer free upgrades for life. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee included with the yearly and lifetime plans.
VidJuice UniTube Downloader is another YouTube to MOV converter that makes it easy to download YouTube playlists to the MOV format. You only need to click once to save YouTube playlists and channels to your device with UniTube.
Additionally, you may pick and choose whatever videos from a playlist or channel you want to download. You can even add serial numbers to the titles of the videos for easier maintenance.
With its built-in web browser, UniTube also lets you download private or login-required videos. Now you may flawlessly download OnlyFans videos, Instagram Stories, Vimeo private movies, and Facebook private group videos.
You may experience high-quality graphics offline by downloading videos in HD 720p, HD 1080p, 4K, and 8K formats quickly. Simply copy and paste the YouTube link, and UniTube will finish the process in seconds or minutes.
In addition, VidJuice UniTube has a private mode that encrypts and password-protects your downloaded videos.
Learn about my experience with this YouTube converter in my VidJuice review.
- Download unlimited YouTube videos and convert them to MOV, MP4, AVI, MP3, WAV, MKV, M4V, and more.
- You can download videos from 10,000+ popular websites, such as YouTube, Facebook, DailyMotion, Vimeo, and more, with its built-in web browser.
- Thanks to the bulk download feature, you can download entire YouTube playlists and channels.
- Download private videos.
- Extract subtitles from YouTube videos.
- Rip TikTok videos without watermark.
You can use VidJuice UniTube’s free trial to try out the program. Check out their paid plans for premium features:
- $9.95 for a 1-Month license.
- $19.95 for a 1-Year license.
- $29.95 for a Lifetime license.
- $39.95 for a Family license.
The free trial for VidJuice UniTube has a constrained number of features. You have the option to test the software out before buying, thanks to a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Get 20% off VidJuice UniTube with the coupon code 5SD7MG, or get the lifetime deal on AppSumo for only $19.99.
Whether you’re using Windows or Mac, Wondershare UniConverter is a video converter that converts videos to various formats, including YouTube videos to MOV.
With this robust YouTube to MOV converter, you can compress and edit videos, create DVDs, and do much more.
To download YouTube videos as MOV files, you just have to copy and paste the video link and select “Download MOV.”
Wondershare UniConverter offers consumers the best video conversion experience because it is built with powerful features. It’s one of the best options on this list because it can do much more than just convert Youtube to MOV. UniConverter is also one of the best VR video converters on the market.
UniConverter is a fantastic choice if you’re looking for a full-featured video toolkit that enables you to compress, edit, and convert video and audio files.
Read my detailed Wondershare UniConverter review to learn more about this complete video toolkit.
- UniConverter converts to and from over 1,000 video and audio formats, including MOV, MP4, MP3, and more.
- In comparison to similar applications, it promises 90x faster conversion speeds.
- Convert multiple files at once.
- You can convert YouTube videos to MOV without restrictions.
- It includes AI-powered features, such as vocal remover, noise remover, background removal, auto-crop, and more.
- Includes a screen recorder and a complete video toolset with a downloader, converter, compressor, merger, editor, player, and more.
- GIF maker.
- Annual plan: $39.99
- 2-Year plan: $55.99
- Lifetime plan: $79.99
The lifetime option may be your best option if you want to convert videos to MOV over the long term. They also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
VideoProc Converter is a YouTube to MOV downloader that will help you download YouTube videos, entire channels, and playlists for free. It can convert videos to any format, edit videos, and download 4K UHD videos from more than 1,000 websites.
You will be able to convert, record, download, and edit videos more quickly than with any other software of its kind, thanks to the 4K full GPU accelerated video processing software that it provides.
- Download entire YouTube channels, playlists, Watch Later playlists, and music.
- Convert your video files to MOV, AVI, MP4, FLV, MKV, WMV, WTV, and more.
- Provides support for over 370 codecs and over 420 different format conversions.
- Encode and compress high-definition video so it can be played on an Apple iPod or iPad.
- Make backup copies of your favorite videos and photographs in various formats by creating DVDs.
- VideoProc Converter lets you record live streams.
- Download only the segments of a video you want.
The free edition of VideoProc Converter has a few restrictions, but it is sufficient for downloading videos from YouTube and converting them to MOV format.
You have the option of purchasing the premium version for additional features:
- 1-year license – $25.95
- Lifetime license – $39.95
With ClipConverter.cc, you may convert videos into MOV files for free. Thanks to this free online media conversion tool, you may use your PC, TV, or just about any other device to watch your favorite YouTube videos offline.
The majority of other video hosting websites, including Vimeo, Facebook, and many others, are also supported by ClipConverter.cc.
Additionally, this free online MOV converter offers a browser extension for Chrome, Firefox, and Safari, making converting your favorite videos simpler.
- It converts videos to MOV, MP4, M4A, AVI, 3GP, MKV, MP3, and AAC.
- Supports resolutions up to 4K.
- It supports multiple languages.
ClipConverter.cc is entirely free to use. They do, however, have a filter that stops users from downloading unauthorized YouTube videos. You can ask them to prevent downloads of your content if you are a copyright owner.
Any Video Converter Free is a multi-platform video converter suitable for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
It can easily download and burn YouTube videos to a DVD while also converting any video clip to any format.
YouTube videos may be converted to MOV for free with Any Video Converter Free. It can change video files into MP4, AVI, 3GP, and WebM, among others.
You can also download YouTube videos as audio files and convert them to MP3, WAV, AAC, OGG, and more.
- It supports many formats, including MOV, MP4, WMV, MPEG, H264, H265, 3GP, MOD, AVI, FLV, F4V, and many more.
- It also works as a YouTube to WAV converter.
- Extract audio tracks from CDs and background music from videos.
- Includes a built-in video trimmer so you can adjust the video segment you want to convert.
Any Video Converter is free to use. However, they provide a premium version ($49.95) for added features like screen recording, DVD templates, and more.
With MiniTool uTube Downloader, you may convert YouTube videos into various video and audio formats. Before converting videos, you need to download the software on your desktop computer.
All of the main digital audio and video file types may be imported and exported with ease with MiniTool uTube Downloader. This tool also lets you download entire YouTube playlists and single videos as MOV files.
Not only that, but you can also convert HD videos to high-resolution audio formats like WAV files.
- Freely convert YouTube videos to MOV, MP4, MP3, and more formats.
- Supports 4K and 8K HD video downloads.
- Download YouTube music and video playlists.
- It allows you to download automatic video subtitles.
- Batch convert video and audio files.
- Free screen recording tool.
MiniTool uTube Downloader is completely free to use. Unfortunately, it’s only available on Windows machines.
A MOV file is a form of video file, and it is typically used to store movies, television shows, or even short video clips. MOV files are stored in a multimedia container format designed by Apple in 1991, QuickTime File Format (QTFF).
The format is not confined to video and audio data; it can accommodate various media tracks. Text (subtitles), photographs, three-dimensional models, virtual reality panoramas, and timecode data are some of the other types of media that are supported by QTFF.
The MPEG-4 codec is the most commonly used to encode media tracks, but other codecs are possible.
MOV files are widely used for saving videos since video editors can open and work with them without compromising the video quality.
It’s also possible to create MOV files from several RAW images. However, if you need to edit RAW images, you might consider using RAW file converters.
The best way to convert YouTube to MOV is to use a YouTube to MOV conversion tool like iTubeGo.
To convert YouTube to MOV, follow these steps:
- Open iTubeGo.
- Select MOV as the output file format.
- Copy the YouTube URL of the video you wish to convert.
- Paste the video URL on iTubeGo.
- The video will download and convert immediately.
You can read my detailed iTubeGo review to learn more about the features of this YouTube downloader.
There are significant differences between MP4 and MOV files, even though the MP4 format is based on the QTFF format used by MOV files.
One distinction is that, compared to MP4 files, MOV files often have better quality and larger file sizes. The lack of widespread support for MOV files compared to MP4 files is another distinction.
Due to these differences, there are certain circumstances in which one particular file type will be more appropriate for meeting your requirements.
For instance, if you want to save a movie in a higher quality and there is no problem with the amount of storage space that you have available, you should consider saving the movie as a MOV file (keep in mind your video player must support MOV files).
You should, however, save a home movie as an MP4 file if you want to save a copy of it, share it with other people, and are willing to put up with a slight decrease in the video’s overall quality.
In this article, I’ve compiled a list of the top YouTube to MOV converters, both free and paid, to make it easier for you to choose the one that best suits your requirements.
There are many other online options if you’re seeking a reliable YouTube to MOV converter, but this article should get you started with the best.
With the aid of these programs, you may download any YouTube video of your choice and convert it so that you can view it offline whenever you want on your computer or another device.
As always, if you have any experience using any of these tools, please feel free to share it in the comments section below.