If you’re looking to find the best WordPress SEO plugins for your WordPress site, you’ve reached the right page. You’ve built a great site, invested in the relevant content, and launched it. Will your targeted web visitors come and propel you to the top of the search engine results page? Maybe!
However, you can evaluate your site and place it strategically to attract traffic even when competing with thousands of web pages. SEO plugins are tools that you can use to increase site rankings and get genuine traffic. They also aid you in crafting great content to help you build contextual backlinks.
SEO stands for search engine optimization, and it’s the science of optimizing your website for higher rankings. The bad news is that it’s almost impossible to do it without an SEO plugin for WordPress (assuming that’s your website’s CMS).
Make sure you also read my article on hacking the Google algorithm with SEO.
Your WordPress website needs the best SEO plugin to evaluate how well your article is optimized for search engines like Google. So, today, I’ve handpicked the most popular SEO plugins and tools for growing genuine traffic to your websites.
- Rank Math
- All in One SEO (AIOSEO)
- Yoast SEO
- Semrush SEO Writing Assistant
- Ahrefs SEO WordPress Plugin
- Link Explorer by MOZ
- Google Search Console
- Google PageSpeed Insights
1. Rank Math
With over 1.4 million users, Rank Math stands out as one of the best SEO plugins for WordPress. It includes over 20 modules you can use to SEO-optimize your website.
The free version already gives you plenty of features to use in your blog posts. You only have to type in your target keyword for the tool to give its recommendations. As a rule of thumb, the more green lights you get, the better. However, don’t be obsessed with getting all green lights, as sometimes there are other factors that software simply cannot understand.
With Rank Math, you’ll get basic SEO tips to implement, such as how your focus keyword appears in specific places throughout the content, and more advanced ones. You’ll also get title and content readability actionable tips.
Rank Math Key Features
- Setup Wizard – Rank Math checks your site’s settings after installation and suggests the best ones for optimum performance. The SEO, social networks, webmaster profiles, and other SEO settings are then configured automatically.
- Content AI – Rank Math features an AI SEO feature that can help you predict keywords, word count, headings, and more for your article based on your competition. It provides a score from 0 to 100 to indicate how well you can rank for your target keyword.
- Analytics – Rank Math integrates with Google Search Console (GSC), allowing you to monitor the keywords you’re ranking, indexing issues, and more inside your WordPress dashboard. Pro Tip: if you don’t want to slow down your website, turn this module off. You can go directly to GSC for your analytics.
- Rank Tracker – Monitor the effectiveness of your website in relation to predefined keywords. This advanced SEO feature works similarly to rank tracking software but with lesser features.
- Advanced Schema Generator – Rank Math supports several Schema types, such as article, book, course, event, music, person, product, recipe, restaurant, service, and more.
- XML Sitemap – Rank Math automatically creates XML Sitemaps that are optimized for search engines. Sitemaps can be completely customized, allowing you to decide what is included and what is excluded.
- Support – You can reach customer support 24/7.
Rank Math is one of the best free WordPress plugins for SEO and is trusted by top SEO experts. For premium SEO features, you must purchase a paid plan (starting a $59 per year).
All in One SEO (or simply AIOSEO) is one of the best SEO plugins if you want to perform on-page SEO. It has a beginner-friendly interface, making it great for small to medium-sized websites, even for users with minimal SEO knowledge.
AIOSEO has over 3,000,000 downloads and a rating of 4.6/5. Its audit checklist analyzes your entire website and provides actionable recommendations for boosting traffic. For new posts, AIOSEO gives you suggestions to optimize them for high rankings.
It is also a great WooCommerce SEO tool. You can add WooCommerce product schema and grab featured snippets, which help you attract more organic traffic to your product pages.
- On-page Analysis – Actionable checklist for your posts and pages. I.e., it notifies you whether your keywords are placed correctly, the internal and external links and that your content is reader-friendly.
- Social Media Integration – You can add social media profiles and control how your posts appear on social media feeds such as Twitter, Facebook, and others.
- Search Appearance Settings – This helps you optimize your website for search engines by adding titles, data, and meta descriptions. E.g., you can add a business name and contact details.
- Sitemap – All in One SEO plugin lets you build sitemaps for video, general content, Google news, and RSS.
Other features include local SEO, knowledge graph, Schema markup, and more.
3. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the most popular WordPress SEO plugins for personal and professional websites. Its friendly interface makes it useful for on-page and off-page SEO optimization.
Yoast SEO is great for content creation and has a free option with most of its features. Its content and SEO analysis feature give actionable tips on how to make your content optimized and reader-friendly. It saves you the hustle of memorizing most SEO best practices.
Besides optimizing your content for readability and SEO, Yoast SEO also offers you other features.
- Automatically create and submit an XML sitemap for all your content, making it easy for search engines to crawl your site.
- Carry out Google search integration.
- Edit the content snippet that appears on the search engine results page (SERP).
- Improve your site navigation and indexing by controlling breadcrumbs.
- Avoid duplicate pages by setting canonical tags and URLs.
As one of the top WordPress SEO plugins and tools, Yoast SEO helps you grow your traffic by balancing search engine crawlers and humans.
Semrush SEO Writing Assistant is one of the best WordPress SEO plugins for organic traffic. SEO professionals love it because it has many features that can help you raise your SEO rankings, social media, and paid traffic.
Semrush is also one of the best rank tracking tools and offers a free account that lets you use tools such as keyword research, competitor analysis, analyzing keyword rankings, etc., and more.
The Semrush premium version provides you with on-page SEO, social media management, rank tracking, and much more. You can also carry out keyword analysis for Google ads and outbid your competitors.
This WordPress SEO plugin can help you grow traffic with these features:
- Recommended Keywords – Receive keyword ideas that are semantically relevant to your recommendations to increase your visibility.
- Readability – Evaluate and enhance your text’s readability using the Flesch-Kincaid score.
- Rephraser – Rewrite text passages to boost quality, reach new audiences, or get beyond writer’s block.
- Tone of Voice – Ensure your tone is smooth and consistent throughout your text.
- Plagiarism Check – Check for plagiarism to ensure that your writer has produced unique content and prevent Google penalties.
- Overall Score – Assess and maximize the SEO potential of your content based on important on-page elements.
You cannot have efficient SEO without tracking your analytics and performance, and that’s what MonsterInsights helps you achieve.
MonsterInsights helps you create effective content marketing strategies and improve your SEO. You get actionable insights on what you need to improve by bringing Google Analytics to your WordPress dashboard.
Here is the data you track using MonsterInsights:
- The best performing content on your site.
- Top keywords by connecting MonsterInsights with Google Search Console.
- Your site’s top outbound links.
- Leading sites that give you backlinks.
- Accurate data on your sites’ mobile traffic with Google AMP.
If you’re seeking a comprehensive database of keyword research and data suggestions, Ubersuggest is a great option. It is excellent for personal and business websites and will help you increase your rankings.
This tool helps you identify SEO errors in your website and shows you the keyword opportunities and competition. It also enables you to find profitable keywords by giving you their traffic volume, trends, and difficulty.
Ubersuggest has a freemium Chrome extension that shows you the monthly search volume of keywords and the cost-per-click (CPC).
Ubersuggest Key Features
- Content Ideas – Carefully examine the content that has performed the best for any given keyword, so you can write about topics that readers will find interesting.
- Domain Overview – Insights on your competitors’ keywords and their backlink profiles.
- Your Website’s Top SEO Pages – How much traffic your top keywords receive.
- SEO Audits – Ubbersugget shows your site’s error reports and suggestions on how you can fix them.
- Backlinks – Find the backlinks of your competitors.
Ahrefs SEO WordPress plugin gives you actionable insights on how you can grow your traffic and outrank your competitors. This plugin gives you a detailed analysis of your site’s performance, competitor websites’ performance, and actionable content strategies.
The Ahrefs WP plugin uses data from Ahrefs, GA, and GSC to show you how each article on your blog performs for a selected target keyword. Then it offers suggestions for improving their performance.
- Content Audits To Optimize Your Existing Content – Ahrefs helps you identify your low-performing pages and recommends how you can optimize them for more traffic.
- Performance Score – The plugin rates individual pages and also determines the general performance score for your website.
- Monitor Your Backlinks – It gives you a snapshot of the backlinks you’ve gained or lost within a certain period.
- Integration with GA And GSC – Your GSC (Google Search Console) and GA (Google Analytics) integration enables the plugin to give you better target keyword suggestions and next steps so you can take concrete actions to increase search traffic.
- Other Integrations – The Ahrefs SEO plugin integrates seamlessly with other SEO WordPress plugins, such as Yoast, Rank Math, and AIOSEO.
Ahrefs boasts the most extensive backlink index online, and its SEO analysis uses Google analytics. Its real-time recommendations are unique and ideal for content creators.
SEOptimer is a powerful SEO audit tool that offers a free website analysis. You can use it to identify issues that prevent your website from being on top of SERPs.
SEOptimer performs a detailed SEO analysis of your website using 100 analysis points, giving you clear and actionable recommendations. It helps you save hundreds of hours you could have to spend auditing your website manually.
In addition to the SEO Audit tool, SEOptimer gives you additional tools that can improve your site, such as:
- Meta Tag generator.
- Keyword generator.
- Robots.txt generator.
- .htaccess File Generator.
Link Explorer is an easy-to-use SEO tool by MOZ. It has link analysis and SEO research features, making it an excellent link-building tool.
Link Explorer helps you discover lost links, domain authority (DA), spam score, link tracking, competitor analysis, etc. With this data, you can create better SEO strategies for more genuine traffic.
With a free MOZ account, you get up to 10 search queries monthly, but to access all the features, you must subscribe to MOZ Pro.
Google Search Console is not a typical plugin, but it’s a powerful tool that gives vital data for search rankings.
This tool is absolutely free! All you have to do is create a Google account and then add your website to the Google Search console.
It can help you:
- Submit new content and sitemaps for indexing.
- Check your search traffic and search rankings from time to time.
- Monitor your impressions and click-through rate.
- Check the mobile-friendliness of your site.
Google Search Console, in conjunction with the best SEO plugin for WordPress, can make your website achieve higher rankings.
Another tool not listed here is the Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. If you want to see your GA data in your WordPress dashboard, that’s fine. However, having multiple plugins can slow down your website. Also, most WordPress users prefer to monitor their analytics on GA itself rather than having a plugin for SEO data.
A slow-loading site will affect user experience, increase bounce rate and lower the site’s rank on search results. The free Google PageSpeed Insights is a great tool to improve your site’s traffic, as it helps you identify any issues affecting your site’s speed or performance.
By simply entering your site’s URL into Google PageSpeed Insights, you get your site’s speed and suggestions on how to improve it.
You’ll identify the loading speeds for your mobile and desktop sites through its Site Speed report. It also gives you actionable tips to boost your website’s speed.
Other SEO tools for WordPress include Premium SEO Pack and WP Meta SEO.
What Is An SEO Plugin?
SEO plugins are tools that identify issues in your website or blog and optimize it for better results. They help you drive more traffic from search engines such as Google by helping you optimize for SERPs.
The best WordPress SEO plugin enables websites to rank better by performing different functions, such as auditing sitemaps, auditing checklists, and content optimization.
Google uses over 200 ranking factors for search algorithms. That’s a lot, right? For each ranking factor, there are several great SEO tools available. However, some SEO plugins perform multiple checks and audits. From an SEO analysis tool to an SEO audit checklist, the best plugins and tools for WordPress will ease your SEO efforts.
SEO takes time and consistency.
The best SEO tools you need depends on your specific requirement. They’ll help your SEO process become easier, faster, and more enjoyable while reducing human error. If you want a truly all-in-one SEO pack, look no further than Rank Math. It’s a free WordPress SEO plugin perfect for all your SEO needs.
If you want a truly all-in-one SEO pack, look no further than Rank Math.
What SEO plugins are you using? Feel free to comment below.