Now, you need not be puzzled regarding how to download streaming videos from any website, as I have you covered with the best methods for your PC, Android, and iPhone.
Nowadays, entertainment holds no bounds as the streaming videos of TV shows, movies, and exclusive media content are available 24/7 at a click. However, you must have an excellent Wi-Fi speed and an active internet connection to access your favorite videos anytime.
But if you want to cut the internet dependency and enjoy your desired media content on your terms, you must download and save it for offline accessibility.
Suppose you are looking forward to doing the same but are clueless about how to download videos from streaming sites. In this case, I’ll guide you with the top methods, so stay tuned to check them below.
What is a Stream Video Downloader?
A stream video downloader is an indispensable tool that enables you to save video streams from websites on your device for offline access to videos that normally require internet connectivity to watch.
You can use a stream video downloader to easily save your favorite shows, movies, series, online courses, or any other streaming videos you find interesting and valuable without being dependent on internet connectivity, making viewing content both convenient and liberating.
A video stream downloader works quickly and simply. Usually, entering the URL of a video you wish to download into its interface will fetch and download its stream in whatever video format or quality is appropriate for you. But for this to work, you have to log in using the tool’s built-in browser.
Notably, downloading streamed content depends on both its source and local laws in your country; always ensure it’s legal before using an online video downloader to save any such material.
Keep in mind, too, that just because something is downloadable doesn’t guarantee its high-quality content—it often depends on its original stream source.
At its core, a stream video downloader is designed to put control back in your hands over internet content while offering convenience and accessibility in online viewing habits.
Here are the 4 top methods to help you download the streaming videos from any website on all your devices, including desktop (Windows and Mac), Android, and iPhone.
StreamFab All-In-One downloads videos in high resolution across a thousand streaming sites. It allows you to select a full HD 1080p video quality and audio track of EAC 3 5.1, AC3 5.1, and AAC 2.0 for better sound clarity.
Instead, it also offers downloading videos and other TV shows from all the leading OTT platforms like Netflix, Disney Plus, Hulu, Paramount, Crunchyroll, Amazon Prime, etc., to watch your favorite videos offline anytime.
Selecting the video you want to download is as easy as it gets. You only have to sign in to your video streaming account, select the video, and hit “Download”. But more on that below.
You can avail the goodness of the StreamFab All-In-One Downloader 42-in-1 bundle pack. This fantastic pack is inclusive of a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Download streaming videos from the inbuilt browser.
- Downloads files from the leading OTT platforms and other sites.
- Allows you to select a preferred audio and video quality.
- Highly compatible with all devices as it saves videos in MP4 format.
- Allows saving subtitle files in videos or as SRT files.
- Downloads videos at the scheduled time automatically.
- Batch downloads bulk episodes at flash speed.
- Downloads meta information in the video.
- Allows burning downloads to Blu-ray discs.
If you are confused about downloading streaming videos offline, here are the quick steps to help you save the videos to your local storage.
Step 1: Install and Launch the StreamFab All-In-One Downloader
Firstly, install and launch the StreamFab All-In-One app on your Windows PC or Mac.
Step 2: Click the Streaming Services Tab
Now, click the Streaming Services tab and locate your streaming service.
Step 3: Play the Video to Download
Sign in to the website account, select a video to play, and download it to your device.
Step 4: Select Your Preferred Language
Now, choose and select the language for your audio tracks and subtitle streaming.
Step 5: Initiate the Video Download Process
Finally, you must click the Download Now button to begin the video downloading process after choosing your preferred language option.
Video DownloadHelper is a renowned Google Chrome extension to help you tackle your issues of downloading streaming videos using an extension quickly. If you are using Microsoft Edge, you can also install it on your PC easily.
Video DownloadHelper automatically detects the downloadable videos and activates to download them. Since it’s a Chrome extension, it works equally well on both Windows PC and Mac OS. However, a drawback of Video DownloadHelper is that it does not allow you to download videos on TikTok and YouTube.
- Step 1: Open Google Chrome.
- Step 2: Open a new window and visit the Video DownloadHelper website > Tap the blue-colored Install button.
- Step 3: Click Install on Chrome > Tap Add to Chrome > Select Add Extension.
- Step 4: Once you install it successfully, the extension will appear in the upper right corner of the address bar.
- Step 5: Now, the extension button will be enabled whenever you run into any downloadable video. To download any video, click the extension icon and tap the Download button.
- Step 6: The video will automatically download to your system. There’s no need to copy/paste the video link.
If you work and stream your favorite videos on Mozilla Firefox but are clueless about how to download streaming video online, you can use the Video Downloader Professional. It is an exclusive Browser Add-on extension for the users of Mozilla Firefox and works equally well on both Mac and Windows PCs.
Using the Video Downloader Professional extension, you can download and save any video from all the websites to your hard disk. Instead, you can also add YouTube, TikTok, Vimeo, and other videos to your video list. In addition, it supports up to 4K videos.
Note: The extension for Video Downloader Professional is also available for Google Chrome. However, the Chrome extensions restrict the downloads of TikTok and YouTube videos. In contrast, the Video Downloader Professional extension for the Mozilla Firefox version is still safe from this limitation and allows you to download videos from any website.
- Step 1: Open Mozilla Firefox.
- Step 2: Visit the Video Downloader Professional add-on webpage > Tap the blue colored Add to Firefox button.
- Step 3: A pop-up window will appear before you and display the permissions needed > Tap Add.
- Step 4: Once successfully added, the icon will appear on the right side of the address bar.
- Step 5: Now, whenever you access any downloadable video in Firefox (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, etc.), the icon for the Video Downloader Professional extension will turn to a green-colored downward arrow.
Note: If multiple videos are available, you must first select one and tap the download arrow.
- Step 6: You can find the downloaded video on your Mac or Windows system.
If you want a simpler way to download online videos without third-party software or browser extensions, SaveFrom.net can help.
SaveFrom.net is one of the best online streaming video downloaders and works flawlessly on all devices, including Android and iPhone. Fortunately, it does not require installation and saves your device’s valuable storage space.
This streaming video downloader works smoothly to download YouTube videos, high-quality streaming music videos, TV shows, sports games, etc., from multiple video-streaming sites. You can also prefer to add its extension for Chrome to your browser or download its app for greater convenience.
SaveFrom.net is compatible with Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Safari, and all Chromium-based browsers.
- Step 1: Select and copy the video URL link you want to download.
- Step 2: Now visit the SaveFrom website.
- Step 3: Paste the copied video URL in the space provided and hit the green colored Download button.
- Step 4: Select your file’s preferred video quality resolution and click Download Video again.
- Step 5: The video will appear in your local storage once it downloads successfully.
Unlike streaming video downloader software, these online tools don’t support multiple downloads simultaneously. You must download a single video at a time.
What is the Best Way to Download a Streaming Video From any Website?
As you saw, there are several ways to download streaming videos from any website. Some are more straightforward, where you don’t need to download and install any software, while others require you to add browser extensions for downloading streaming videos.
In my opinion and experience, if you wish to download a video from any video streaming website, your best option is with a third-party tool like StreamFab All-In-One. Why? Because it’s the most convenient way to download the video you want.
Browser video downloading extensions come and go, and many times, they fail to work. Online video streaming downloaders like SaveFrom.net and others usually redirect you to third-party advertiser sites and misguide you to click on ads, which turns out to be a terrible experience if you’re not cautious.
Therefore, if you want to easily download streaming videos from a website, stick to tools like StreamFab All-In-One.
Additionally, not all video downloader apps have the ability to download and watch streaming videos (I’m talking about 4K Video Downloader, YTD Video Downloader, and similar tools). While most are efficient tools to download a video from YouTube, they can’t go to a video streaming site and download videos.
That’s because TV streaming services need your credentials to log in to their platform. This means that only a tool with a built-in browser along with a built-in video downloader makes it work.
This means that only a tool with a built-in browser along with a built-in video downloader makes it work. But don’t worry; these tools are not limited to streaming sites. They offer you the flexibility to download videos from various platforms, including YouTube.
In a nutshell, if you want to download videos from streaming sites like Amazon Prime videos, Netflix, Hulu, Disney, and others, StreamFab All-In-One is your best bet. Fortunately, they offer a free version, so you can evaluate it and see if that’s what you’re looking for.
Download Streaming Video FAQs
Can a streamed video be downloaded?
How do I download streaming videos from the web?
There are various ways to download videos from the web, including:
- Using a browser extension: Browser extensions are available for Google Chrome, Firefox, and other browsers that allow you to download videos from websites.
- Online video downloader websites: Some websites allow you to paste the video link you want to download and provide you with a download link.
- Stream video downloader software: There are software programs for your computer that you can use to download videos from the web. StreamFab All-In-One is one of the most popular options on the market.
- Screen recording: If the video is playing on your screen, you can use a screen recorder to capture video content as it plays for offline viewing.
Can I download streaming videos to watch offline for free?
Yes, you can. A browser extension like the Video DownloadHelper is a free and easy way of downloading your videos from any website for free while you’re watching them. Just remember that you must be logged in to the streaming platform for this to work, or else it will fail to download.
Can I screen-record streaming videos?
Screen recording is another option that lets you download an entire movie on the go. Tools like Wondershare UniConverter offer a powerful screen recording feature for those who want to download streaming videos while they’re watching them. The only downside to this is that the quality will not be as good as if you were using a proper video downloader to download the video that you want. Also, the video must be playing throughout until it finishes so that the screen recorder captures it entirely, which can be tedious.
Can I download YouTube music while streaming?
Yes, you can download music from YouTube while it streams. Still, it is essential to keep in mind that many YouTube videos contain copyrighted music, and downloading this content without permission may infringe on the copyright owner’s rights.
Downloading streaming video or any other YouTube video couldn’t be easier with the methods described above. Now, your favorite streaming videos are only a few clicks away to access them offline at any point of the day.
Whether you want to use online video downloaders or third-party software to download video from any website, this guide will easily help you.
However, for a more seamless user experience, going for a third-party tool is your best choice, as an online video downloader usually comes with annoying ads. For example, StreamFab All-In-One offers high-quality downloads from Netflix, Amazon, Disney Plus, and other various OTT platforms and streaming websites.
This way, you can watch videos on the go whenever you want.
Enjoy wonderful streaming!