Are you looking for the best video downloader for Mac? Then this VideoDuke review is exactly what you need.
VideoDuke is one of the best Mac video downloaders I’ve had the pleasure of testing. It’s way simpler than any other recent video downloader I’ve tried, and the user interface couldn’t be more clutter-free.
In this VideoDuke review, I’ll go into great detail about the features of the program and how it can be used to download your preferred audio and video files from any website.
What Is VideoDuke?
VideoDuke is a video and audio downloader tool built for Mac users. The software is simple, quick to use, and clutter-free, making it simple to download online videos from social media platforms and thousands of other websites.
This video downloader for Mac lets you download videos up to 8K resolution in different file formats, such as MP4, FLV, 3GP, M4V, and many more. You can also choose to download the video’s audio channel only or the cover image (for example, YouTube’s thumbnail in high resolution).
Unlike many other video downloaders, VideoDuke looks like a browser. You can navigate through any website, and as soon as you open a page, you’ll see all the resources available to download, including video, audio, and images.
VideoDuke is not your typical YouTube downloader; it works like a separate browser on its own. And you can use it as a companion while browsing the Internet, thanks to its browser integration.
Anyone looking to download videos from the Internet may find many of their desired features in VideoDuke.
- Download videos from 1,000s of websites – You can download most videos from thousands of different websites like YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Twitch, and more.
- Download audio – Besides downloading videos, you have the option to convert them to audio and save them in MP3 format.
- Download images – Unlike other downloaders and converters, you can also download any images available on the webpage you’re visiting.
- Subtitles & Captions – When downloading from YouTube, you can also download subtitles (if available) and automatic captions in SRT format.
- Download History – The tool keeps a history of all your downloads.
- Browser integration – Drag the VideoDuke bookmark into your browser’s bookmark bar. When you land on a page with a video or audio you’d like to download, click the VideoDuke bookmark to open the application and start downloading.
- High-resolution videos – Download videos in resolutions from 144p up to 8K.
- Short-form videos – Download YouTube Shorts, TikTok videos, and Instagram and Facebook reels.
- YouTube Playlists – When playing a video from a YouTube playlist, VideoDuke automatically analyzes and loads all the videos from that playlist. You can then choose the resolution for each file independently.
VideoDuke handles video downloads from practically all pages. However, a different method of downloading is required for online video platforms that contain embeddable Wistia videos that are securely encrypted.
How To Download Videos, Audio Files, and Images with VideoDuke
VideoDuke helps you download videos from thousands of websites effortlessly. Here’s how to use VideoDuke to download YouTube videos:
- Open VideoDuke.
- Navigate to the page where the video you want to download is hosted.
- Wait for the resources to fill in.
- Select the Video tab.
- Choose your preferred resolution.
- Click the Download button.
As soon as the file is downloaded, the Download button turns into the Show in Finder button. By clicking on it, your Mac will open the folder where the file is stored.
A good thing about VideDuke that sets it apart from other video-downloading apps is that you don’t need to copy the video URL or video link. The app automatically fetches all resources from the page.
VideoDuke also allows you to download any audio on a webpage, including the audio channels from a video. It’s one of the easiest ways of getting audio downloads online effortlessly.
After opening the VideoDuke app and navigating to the page where your video is hosted, you only have to select the Audio tab, choose the bitrate, and hit the Download button.
Downloading images in JPG file format from any website you visit is also pretty simple with VideoDuke.
Go through the same steps as downloading a video or audio file. However, because a webpage includes many images and pictures, you have to sift through the many files available.
For instance, if you wish to download a YouTube video thumbnail in high resolution, you should choose the file maxresdefault (maximum resolution default).
VideoDuke Advanced Mode
The advanced mode of VideoDuke lets you download all the files the webpage has for your video. This means that VideoDuke fetches all resources (videos, audio, and images) from the page.
When downloading content from popular video hosting sites like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, and others, you can access all those resources, including subtitles and video thumbnails.
Is VideoDuke Safe For Downloading Online Videos?
Like most premium video downloaders, VideoDuke is a safe tool for downloading videos from the web. Although all video content (as well as also audio, images, or text) has its own copyright owner, VideoDuke lets you download and store all those files on your Mac computer.
However, common sense tells us not to use any of those files for commercial use or even for entertainment without the express authorization of the copyright holder.
If you use famous video content created by others, you risk being accused of copyright infringement and facing legal action. For this reason, VideoDuke gives an important notice:
“VideoDuke is the app to back up your own media content for offline viewing and storing. If you are planning to back up someone else’s content, please be aware, as a user, you are completely responsible for any potential copyright issues.”
Although most people use video downloaders to download any videos they want for offline viewing, I couldn’t help but emphasize in my VideoDuke review that they must utilize the videos following the law.
Copyright infringement is a serious issue and not something to be taken lightly. The penalties for copyright infringement can include substantial fines, as well as possible jail time in some instances.
You can rest assured that VideoDuke is a safe program to use on your Mac if you’re concerned. This secure Mac video downloader has no intrusive ads and no security flaws.
VideDuke offers two licenses: Personal and Family Pack.
- Personal License ($29.95)
- Family Pack for 3 Macs ($49.95)
If you want lifetime free upgrades, they charge a one-time fee of $9.95.
If a prior VideoDuke customer didn’t opt for the lifetime free upgrade, they can upgrade for 50% less.
Fortunately, you can try the software for free. However, the free demo version only allows you to download up to two videos.
VideoDuke accepts major credit cards, PayPal, and Wise transfers as their payment processor.
What Is a Video Downloader?
A video downloader is a program that allows you to download videos from the Internet. The most popular video downloaders are used to download videos from YouTube or other video-sharing websites so that you can watch them offline on your computer, mobile phone, or tablet.
You can use video downloaders for multiple purposes:
- Watch popular movie trailers and clips online.
- Save music videos, TV shows, and other media online.
- Download full episodes of your favorite TV series.
- Convert videos into different formats (e.g., MP4) in order to play them on different devices.
Some of the top features you should be aware of when looking for a video downloader include the ability to:
- Download web videos in the highest quality available.
- Download multiple videos simultaneously, even in HD and 4K resolution.
- Pause and resume downloads at any time.
- Download audio only if you want to listen to music without watching the video.
Is VideoDuke Downloader for Mac Worth It?
Although there are several video downloaders on the market, not all of them can meet your needs.
VideoDuke is one such tool that makes downloading videos simple for you. Because of its many capabilities, it is the best option for people who want to download videos from various sources.
VideoDuke is one of the best video downloader software tools that allow users to download videos from any website, including YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and other popular video-sharing sites. With its built-in web browser, it allows users to download high-quality media files into their computers easily with a great download speed.
The software has many useful features like downloading entire YouTube playlists, converting video to audio files, downloading images from webpages or video thumbnails in high resolution, and more.
It also allows users to download files in various resolutions, making it easier to choose the file size in case there’s not enough free storage on your Mac computer or Macbook Pro.
VideoDuke Review: That’s a Wrap!
The importance of VideoDuke lies in the fact that it offers an easy way to download videos from these sites. It’s also useful for saving movies or any other kind of video file.
VideoDuke is a great video downloader for Mac because it does exactly what it claims to do. The program offers an efficient way to download videos from different sites without any hassle.