Last Updated on July 2, 2022 by Vasco Lourenço
Choosing the right Spotify to MP3 converter is essential to preserve the overall audio quality of the song file you’re converting. From higher bitrates and speed to ease of use, the best Spotify to MP3 converter can help you get more done faster.
In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 9+ best Spotify to MP3 converter apps, along with my top 3 recommendations, so you may choose the best one for your needs.
Download Spotify songs at 10x speed to multiple audio formats, retaining metadata, and audio quality.
Windows & Mac
Download, manage, and convert songs, audiobooks, and more from thousands of websites.
Download music from thousands of streaming services, and extract audio from videos.
Windows & Mac
Spotify is a streaming music platform with over 82 million songs and over 180 million paid subscribers. You can listen to music, create and share playlists for free.
Spotify has an excellent music app available for mobile users, but many people also listen via the Spotify web player. Still, if you want to know how to download Spotify songs without a premium account on your computer, then you’ll need to use a third-party application.
Because if you have a Spotify premium account, you can already download up to 10,000 songs for up to five devices. However, they’re only listenable via your Spotify account. You can’t play Spotify music on other players or save them as a regular file to your computer.
While there are many good guides on how to download Spotify songs within the app, this article is dedicated to third-party software that allows you to download Spotify songs without a premium account.
You might be one of those who don’t want to purchase a premium account for Spotify. However, you can see that using a premium account lets you enjoy better features, but spending money on it is not always essential.
That’s why there are several ways to enable you to still download Spotify songs without a premium account. Spotify free users can now download their favorite Spotify songs, playlists, and albums with the help of third-party apps.
I selected the best tools to get the job done without the hassle or intrusive advertising you see on many free online converters.
What Are The Best Spotify To MP3 Converters?
Here’s a list of the best Spotify to MP3 converter tools:
- Audials Music
- AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- Tunelf – Spotibeat Music Converter
- DRmare Music Converter
- ViWizard Music Converter
- TuneFab Spotify Music Converter
Sidify Spotify Music Converter is one of the best Spotify music to MP3 converters. It allows you to download songs, playlists, podcasts, or radios from Spotify and keep 100% original audio quality.
Meanwhile, it supports burning converted Spotify music onto a CD or sharing it to a cloud storage platform.
This powerful program can be used to download Spotify music to plain MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, or ALAC format at 10X speed while retaining metadata and album artwork.
- Convert Spotify songs, albums, and podcasts to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, AIFF, and ALAC.
- Retain ID3 tags or edit them.
- Conversion speeds up to 10X faster speed.
- You can burn Spotify music to CDs (who does that these days?).
- It supports over 40 languages.
- 1-month license at $14.95 for one device.
- 1-year license at $59.95 for one device only.
- Lifetime license at $129.90 also for one device only.
Sidify offers a free trial version so you can try the software, although you’re limited to the first three minutes of each song.
Audials Music is a product that allows you to download songs from the internet. It lets you record, download, and save music from hundreds of streaming services in top quality.
With Audials Music, you can record when playing streaming services such as Spotify, Apple Music, Deezer, and others.
You can also extract audio tracks from video-sharing websites or record audiobooks from streaming services. Downloading is extremely fast due to its multi-threaded techniques for finding the best servers for your downloads.
You can also use Audials Music to find music from over 100,000 radio stations, save it, and enjoy it on your computer, smartphone, and tablet.
- Download Spotify songs with a premium account, including many other streaming services such as Amazon Music, Soundcloud, Tidal, Deezer, and more.
- You can record entire audiobooks from streams.
- There’s no quality loss during the conversion.
- Download entire Spotify playlists.
- Includes a file manager and tag editor that can manage duplicate versions.
Audials Music is available for a $38.37 one-time fee. However, if you want to keep the software always up to date, they charge a fee for every upgrade.
Allavsoft Video and Music Downloader is a program that allows you to download videos from the internet and Spotify songs.
Available for Mac and Windows, it is easy to use and supports over 1000 websites like YouTube, Vimeo, Dailymotion, Spotify, and many others.
Not only do you get to convert Spotify songs without a premium account, but you’ll also have a tool to convert YouTube videos to MP4.
Related: Allavsoft Review
- Download music from streaming services like Spotify.
- Convert video to MP4 and other video formats from more than 1000 websites.
- Video resolutions up to 4K.
- Extract audio from video files.
- 24/7 customer support.
Allavsoft offers three plans:
- 1-month license: $19.99.
- 1-year license: $29.99.
- Lifetime license: $59.99.
Besides customer support, they also offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is a well-designed audio converter to download Spotify songs and playlists to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and more at 5X faster speed.
It converts Spotify songs and albums to various audio formats for offline playback on all devices such as Apple iPod, Microsoft Zune, Creative Zen, and other MP3 players.
With AudFree Spotify Music Converter, you can easily download any song, playlist, podcast, or album from DRM-ed OGG Vorbis to standard MP3 without a Spotify premium account.
- Lossless conversion process.
- Drag-and-drop interface.
- 5x faster conversion speed thanks to its decoding and recoding technology.
- It preserves 100% original quality, but you can also customize the audio parameters of every track you download.
- Retains the original ID3 tags.
AudFree comes with three pricing plans:
- $14.95 (1-month license).
- $49.95 (lifetime single license for one device).
- $69.95 (lifetime license for up to five devices).
They also offer a trial version, but it only outputs incomplete conversions.
Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter is a professional application to download and convert your favorite songs, albums, artists, and playlists from Spotify to multiple audio formats.
With the help of this comprehensive tool, you can save these files on any device and listen to them offline anytime you want.
- Download and convert Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, AAC, and M4B for offline use, including albums and playlists.
- Preserve 100% of the original sound quality.
- Keep ID3 tags and metadata from Spotify.
- It allows for converting Spotify songs with batch downloading at up to 5X faster speed.
- Works on Mac and Windows.
Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter has three different pricing structures:
- $14.95 for a 1-month license.
- $49.95 for a single lifetime license that includes only one device.
- $69.95 for a Family license that includes two to five devices.
The 1-month license has a 5-day money-back guarantee while the others have a 30-day money-back guarantee.
In my opinion, going for a lifetime license is the best option.
As one of the best Spotify music to MP3 converters, NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter can convert any Spotify playlist, song, or podcast to plain MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, and AIFF format keeping ID3 tags.
Besides, it enables you to burn the songs to a CD, add output tracks to iTunes Library, and customize the output quality up to 320kbps.
According to its website, NoteBurner follows the US copyright regulations regarding downloading music from streaming services.
They adopt advanced technology to record the unencrypted streaming audio data and keep the highest quality output possible.
- Download Spotify songs, playlists, podcasts, and radios.
- Convert Spotify music from its Spotify’s Ogg Vorbis format to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, AIFF, or ALAC formats.
- Supports batch downloading at 10x speed, retaining 100% of the original quality.
- Adjust the output file’s quality, such as bit rates and sample rates.
- It allows you to burn your converter music to a CD.
- Retains the original ID3 tags, including artist, title, album, artwork, track number, disc number, and year. Besides, you can edit those ID3 tags.
- Available for Windows and Mac.
NoteBurner Spotify Music Converter offers three plans:
- $14.95: 1-month plan.
- $59.95: 1-year plan.
- $129.90: Lifetime plan with lifetime free upgrades.
All plans are backed by a money-back guarantee policy.
DRmare is one of the best Spotify music converters that can download and convert millions of Spotify songs, albums, playlists, audiobooks, and podcasts to MP3, WAV, FLAC, AAC, etc., for offline playing on any device.
This music converter software is very similar to Tunelf. One seems like a clone of the other.
- Supports MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, M4A, and M4B.
- Retains 100% original music quality and ID3 tags, including title, artist, album, year, genre, and more.
- You can adjust the audio parameters like audio bit rate, sample rate, and codec.
- Available for Windows and Mac.
- 1-month license for $14.95 on one device (5-day money-back guarantee).
- Lifetime Single license for $49.95 on one device (30-day money-back guarantee).
- Lifetime Family license for $69.95 on two to five devices (30-day money-back guarantee).
You can check the trial version of the software, but there’s a conversion time length limitation on the output files.
ViWizard Spotify Music Converter is one of the top Spotify downloaders designed to download and convert all Spotify songs, playlists, albums, and artists to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, and M4B losslessly.
With ViWizard Spotify Music Converter, you can easily record Spotify music for free, including ID3 tags and metadata information such as artist and genre, to your local computer for playing offline on any device.
- Convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, and M4B.
- Maintain audio quality and ID3 tags.
- Drag-and-drop interface.
- Batch downloading at 5x faster speed.
- Customize audio output parameters.
- Organize your files by artists.
- Free lifetime upgrades.
- 1-month license: $14.95.
- Single license (one-time fee for one device): $49.95.
- Family license (one-time fee for up to five devices): $69.95.
SpotiKeep converter is a powerful Spotify music downloader that can remove DRM and convert Spotify songs, albums, and playlists.
This program offers 100% lossless audio quality and supports ID3 tags and metadata info transfer.
With an easy-to-use interface, you can easily download Spotify music without a premium account and convert it to MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC.
- Easily download Spotify songs, albums, and playlists.
- Lossless audio quality.
- Convert files to MP3, WA, FLAC, and M4A.
- Conversion at 5X faster speed.
- Batch downloading of playlists and albums.
- Retains original ID3 tags and metadata info.
- Available for Windows and Mac.
SpotiKeep offers a free trial that lets you convert up to 3 minutes of each song. To unlock SpotiKeep’s full potential, you can purchase one of these licenses:
- $19.95 for a 1-month license.
- $39.95 for a 1-year license.
- $79.95 for a lifetime license.
All licenses have lifetime free upgrades and offer a 30-day money-back guarantee.
TuneFab is a professional multimedia software development company that provides users with new ways to enjoy music and video. One of their core products allows you to download songs from Spotify for offline use.
TuneFab Music Converter is an online music converter that enables you to download and convert various audio files, including Spotify, Apple Music, and iTunes music to MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC and other formats at up to 4X faster speed.
They promise a 100% safe service, free lifetime updates, and customer support 24/7.
- Download and convert unlimited Spotify songs for offline playback.
- Easy-to-use UI with drag and drop features.
- Download multiple Spotify songs simultaneously.
- Supports the most common audio file formats such as MP3, M4A, FLAC, and WAV.
- You can adjust the bit rate from 128Kbps to 320Kbps, the sample rate, and the codec of the downloaded song.
- Maintains the song metadata and ID3 tags.
- Multi-language support.
- Available for Windows and Mac.
- 1-month plan: $14.95 for one device with 5 days money-back guarantee.
- 1-year plan: $49.95 for one device with 5 days money-back guarantee.
- Lifetime plan: $79.95 for one device with 30 days money-back guarantee.
If you also want to download songs from Apple Music, they offer a lifetime bundle that includes Apple Music Converter and TuneFab Music Converter for $95.92.
TuneFab offers a 30-day free trial that lets you convert the first three minutes of each song. The paid plans are always the best option.
Spotify is a streaming music service that gives you complete on-demand access to over 82 millions of songs. However, you can only play the songs within the Spotify app. What if you would like to enjoy Spotify music on your MP3 Player or other devices?
Generally speaking, it’s not legal to convert Spotify music to MP3 format. The same applies to downloading videos from YouTube.
If you have subscribed Spotify Premium plan, you are only allowed to download Spotify tracks for offline listening within the validity of the subscription.
Besides, the downloaded songs are protected by DRM (Digital Rights Management) technology and can’t be converted to MP3. To do this, you need third-party software that can bypass the DRM from Spotify and convert them to MP3 format.
Downloading music is fine if you’ve purchased it as DRM-free MP3s, but stripping DRM from Spotify and converting those songs to MP3 makes it illegal.
In fact, downloading music from Spotify is restricted by its User Guidelines. When you stream a song, it is saved in your local cache.
However, this file is encrypted so you can’t directly access it without authorization from the Spotify server. And once the cache expires, the song cannot be played again unless you connect to the internet and stream it again.
However, the tools mentioned in this article do not strip DRM technology, as you can see below.
As an example, NoteBurner states that they strictly adhere to copyright rules since they never circumvented the DRM technology:
“NoteBurner software only records the unencrypted audio signals which are outputted to the system sound card.”NoteBurner
Basically, these tools only record the output from your sound card. They do not “strip” the DRM from the Spotify music itself.
What could make all this illegal is what you decide to do with the files after converting them. These Spotify to MP3 tools state that they’re intended for personal use only.
The music industry has a long history of trying to shut down any and all forms of music piracy. The debate over whether converting online streaming music from Spotify is legal or not will likely continue for many years to come.
Yes, you can. The most effective way on how to download Spotify songs without premium account is to convert Spotify songs to MP3 with a Spotify music converter such as those listed in this article.
Notice that all the apps that allow you to download music from Spotify are premium apps. Therefore, you can’t download Spotify music free of cost.
Is it possible to convert Spotify to MP3?
Yes it is. You just need to use a third-party tool that records the audio streaming from Spotify.
What are Spotify premium features?
With Spotify Premium, users can:
- Download music and listen anywhere offline (within the app itself).
- Listen to Spotify songs without ads.
- Make unlimited skipping.
Can I download Spotify songs with a premium account from within the Spotify app and listen to them on an MP3 player?
No, you can’t.
Spotify is a popular music streaming service that offers users access to millions of songs on various devices. Although Spotify Premium subscribers can download and listen to Spotify songs offline, they still can’t own the music totally because all downloaded Spotify songs are encrypted with DRM protection, which prevents them from using it on other devices like an MP3 player, iPod, or others.
A Spotify to MP3 Converter is software that helps you convert Spotify music to MP3 for offline listening. In this section, we’ll look at the three most important features you should look out for when choosing a Spotify to MP3 converter:
- User-friendliness: The first thing you should consider is the software’s user-friendliness. How easy is it to use? Is there a tutorial or help included?
- Conversion speed: You probably want the process to be as fast as possible when converting music. If the conversion takes a lifetime, you can’t really call that a useful converter, right? Look for converters that support batch conversion, so you can convert multiple songs in one go.
- Output quality: The output quality should be comparable with the original song. A good converter will retain the audio quality and all of the ID3 tags like artist, album, release date, and title information.
Spotify is an excellent music service that I personally love to use, so I have no problem recommending it.
However, if you are looking to download some songs from Spotify without a premium account for personal use, there are some apps out there that can help with that process.
If you’re looking for a better way to download individual songs or albums from Spotify and avoid paying for a premium account to do so, all the tools listed in this article are perfect options.
You might also like: