Choosing the right YouTube to WAV converter is essential to preserve the overall quality of the audio file you’re converting. From supported websites and converting speeds to multiple features, the best YouTube to WAV converter can help you meet your goals.
In this guide, I ranked and reviewed the 13+ best YouTube to WAV converter apps, along with my top 3 choices, so that you can choose the best one for your needs.
Download entire YouTube channels and playlists up to 4K resolution.
Download videos from 10,000 video sites in HD quality in audio and video formats.
Windows, Mac & Android
Download, schedule, and trim entire YouTube videos, and get great customer service.
Windows & Mac
YouTube is the most popular video-sharing website on the Internet. It enables you to browse through millions of videos that have been submitted by people and organizations alike.
The majority of them are content with simply watching videos on the video-sharing site. Still, some would prefer to download videos to their devices to watch them later without an internet connection.
Fortunately, various YouTube video downloading software programs are available that allow you to download videos off the site.
Some apps and websites offer the ability to convert YouTube videos to MP3 files, but only a few also provide the ability to save them as WAV.
Also, some free websites will deceive you into downloading a YouTube video as an MP3 file and then converting it to WAV. This is misleading because the WAV will produce the same quality as the MP3 in this scenario.
Converting videos to the WAV audio file format is a breeze using the tools mentioned in this roundup. Let’s start this list of the top YouTube to WAV converters.
You may also want to check our list of the best YouTube audio downloaders.
My Top Picks For The Best YouTube To WAV Converter Apps
|1. ByClick Downloader||Windows||Free Trial/$19.99|
|2. iTubeGo >> Full Review||Windows, Mac & Android||Free Trial/Starts at $9.95|
|3. SnapDownloader >> Full Review||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $7.99|
|4. VidJuice UniTube >> Full Review||Windows, Mac & Android||Free Trial/Starts at $9.95|
(Special Lifetime Deal)
|5. Wondershare UniConverter >> Full Review||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $39.99|
|6. VideoProc Converter||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $25.95|
List Of The Best YouTube To WAV Converter Apps
Here is a list of the best YouTube to WAV converter apps:
- ByClick Downloader
- VidJuice UniTube
- Wondershare UniConverter
- VideoProc Converter
- Winx HD Video Converter Deluxe
- Leawo Prof. Media 11
- Any Video Converter Free
- MiniTool uTube Downloader
- Loader.To YouTube To WAV Converter
- Ontiva YouTube to WAV Converter
- Wondershare Filmora
What Are The Best YouTube to WAV Converter Apps?
Here are the best YouTube to WAV converters. Let’s dive in!
1. ByClick Downloader
ByClick Downloader is one of the most effective YouTube to WAV converters available for converting and downloading videos from the internet.
It allows you to easily download videos and music from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Dailymotion, Vimeo, and a variety of other websites with just one click.
This program also allows you to effortlessly export your audio file to iTunes.
- Over 40 websites are available for downloading and exporting videos to WAV.
- Complete YouTube playlists and channels are supported.
- Includes entire Instagram pages as well.
- Download HD videos up to 4K resolution.
- It’s exclusively available on Windows.
ByClickDownloader is a YouTube downloader program that is available for free. For premium features, you’ll have to pay $11.99 for a one-year membership or $14.99 for an unlimited license. There is a 30-day money-back guarantee on both options.
One of the most famous YouTube to WAV converter programs is iTubeGo YouTube Downloader. You can download videos faster from sites like YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
While video trimming is supported, you can also convert video to WAV or other formats.
iTubeGo uses a sophisticated video detection engine to detect and download YouTube videos quickly.
Read my in-depth iTubeGo review.
- Downloads from sites like SoundCloud, FreeSound, MixCloud, Bandcamp, VEVO, and others are supported.
- Its multithread technology speeds up video downloads by tenfold.
- Download videos from YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Vimeo, Dailymotion, and over 10,000 video-sharing sites in HD quality.
- Supports file formats like WAV, MP3, MP4, M4A, and other audio & video files.
- You can download numerous videos at once using batch downloading.
- Download your favorite playlists or channels with one click.
- Trim the video to the desired length.
- Available for Mac, Windows, and Android.
iTubeGo is available for free. However, you can upgrade to the PRO version ($29.95 for life) if you want more features. They provide a 30-day money-back guarantee, free customer service, and free updates for life.
SnapDownloader is a popular YouTube to WAV converter that allows you to download and convert YouTube videos to WAV.
This program can rip videos from over 900 websites and convert them to various video and audio formats. You can save the video or only extract the audio as a WAV audio format.
You can also download YouTube chapters to pick and choose the sections of a video you want to download, edit, or view offline.
SnapDownloader makes converting YouTube videos to WAV simple. Just follow the steps below.
- Paste the YouTube video URL into the software.
- Pick WAV as the desired output format.
- Click the Download button.
This video converter software functions as a WAV file converter and is also regarded as one of the best YouTube converters for downloading videos from the Internet.
You can read my experience with this YouTube WAV converter application in my SnapDownloader review.
- You can download numerous YouTube videos at once by creating a queue.
- Schedule your video downloads to occur at a later time.
- Extract the audio as WAV from videos.
- You can download Youtube video chapters as separate WAV files.
- Convert YouTube playlists to WAV uncompressed audio format.
- A built-in video trimmer allows you to download only the parts you want.
- Customer service is available 24/7.
SnapDownloader Youtube to WAV comes with a free 48-hour trial period. After that, you’ll need to buy a license to keep using the software.
- $7.99 (one month).
- $16.99 (every three months).
- $29.99 (every year).
- $39.99 for a Personal Lifetime license.
- $69.99 for a Family Lifetime license.
All of these options provide free upgrades for the rest of your life. A 30-day money-back guarantee is included in both the annual and lifetime plans.
4. VidJuice UniTube
VidJuice UniTube is one of the best YouTube to WAV converter tools that enables users to download videos from 10,000+ popular websites.
With VidJuice UniTube, you can easily download your favorite videos from websites such as YouTube, Netflix, Facebook, Twitter, and more. It supports various formats to download videos and audios, including WAV, MP4, WebM, AVI, MP3, etc.
Moreover, it allows users to download multiple videos simultaneously.
For people who value their privacy and security, this app offers a private mode that prevents websites from tracking you by using your IP address.
If you want a video downloader that provides timely updates and quick support for any issue with the software, then VidJuice UniTube is an excellent choice.
Learn more about this YouTube converter in my VidJuice UniTube review.
- Download videos and have them converted to common video and audio formats like WAV, MP4, AVI, MKV, M4V, MOV, FLV, MP3, and more.
- In a single click, you may download a YouTube playlist or a channel.
- UniTube’s built-in web browser allows you to download private or login-required videos.
- Provides up to a tenfold increase in speed.
- Subtitles can be extracted from YouTube.
- $9.95 (one month).
- $19.95 (one year).
- $29.95 (Lifetime Plan).
- $39.95 (Family Plan).
VidJuice UniTube is a premium tool. However, it offers a free trial with limited features. If you wish to upgrade, you have a 30-day money-back guarantee window to try the software.
Get 20% off VidJuice UniTube with the coupon code 5SD7MG or grab a special lifetime deal for only $19.99.
5. Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter is a video converter for Windows and Mac that can convert videos to various formats and YouTube videos to WAV.
You can also compress and edit videos, create DVDs, and do a lot more with this sophisticated MP4 to WAV converter.
You can download YouTube videos as WAV by copying and pasting the video’s link and selecting “Download WAV.”
It is equipped with powerful capabilities to provide the greatest video conversion experience to users. Wondershare UniConverter is one of the top alternatives on this list because it is much more than a Youtube to WAV converter. UniConverter is an excellent choice if you need a comprehensive video toolkit that allows you to compress, convert, and edit video and audio files.
You can learn more about my experience with this video toolset in my Wondershare UniConverter review.
- 1,000+ video and audio formats are supported, including WAV, MP4, 3GP, etc.
- Compared to similar applications, it claims to convert data 90 times faster.
- Convert many files at the same time.
- There are no limits when converting MP4 to WAV.
UniConverter by Wondershare features a $39.99 annual plan and a $79.99 lifetime plan. The lifetime option might be best if you want to convert videos to WAV in the long run. Thanks to a 30-day money-back guarantee, you won’t be out of any money.
6. VideoProc Converter
VideoProc Converter is a video toolbox that allows you to convert and process videos.
This all-in-one media solution is a simple video editor with a slew of useful functions, including the ability to convert music videos to WAV format from YouTube and other video sites.
You can also apply video effects, watermarks, cut, crop, rotate and add subtitles to a wide range of video formats, all in one easy-to-use interface.
It allows you to download videos, playlists, and channels individually or in bulk and convert them to WAV, M4A, MP4, MKV, FLV, and other formats.
- Download music videos from more than 1000 different websites.
- Record YouTube lives and downloads entire channels and playlists.
- Audio editor with a lot of options.
- Supports WAV, MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIFF, OGG, and CAF.
- Multi-channel and stereo sound options are available.
- Audio codec, bitrate, size, audio volume, and sampling rate can all be changed.
- There are numerous options for altering and transcoding video files.
- The conversion procedure is 16 times faster with Level-3 Hardware Acceleration.
VideoProc is a YouTube to WAV converter that does more than that. It’s a comprehensive media solution that works on both Mac and Windows for obtaining and converting films and music files.
They feature a free version that suffices for saving videos in WAV format. A full version with lifetime updates for new features is available for $39.95, including a 30-day money-back guarantee and free technical support.
7. Winx HD Video Converter Deluxe
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is a versatile video downloader, converter, compressor, and editor. It can output videos in the following formats: WAV, MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, MP3, HEVC/H.264, and 420+.
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe uses GPU acceleration technology and a high-quality engine to process videos at up to 47X real-time quicker speeds without sacrificing video quality.
- Convert 4K and HD videos to WAV, MP3, MP4, MOV, AVI, FLV, etc.
- Download videos from YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and more than a thousand more websites.
- Reduce the size of video files by up to 90% without sacrificing quality.
- Add subtitles to videos and edit, clip, crop, and merge them.
A free trial version of WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is available to users. It also offers a 1-year license ($19.95) and a lifetime license ($39.95) for extra features.
8. Leawo Prof. Media 11
Leawo Prof. Media 11 is an all-in-one media solution that allows you to download YouTube videos, convert them to a variety of formats, copy, burn, edit, play, and more at a 6x faster rate.
This ultimate solution integrates ten programs into one, including HD Video Converter, Online Video Downloader, Photo to DVD/Blu-ray Burner, etc.
You may download videos from YouTube, Facebook, and over 1000 other video-sharing sites with Leawo Prof. Media 11.
It also allows you to download YouTube live videos.
- Convert videos from YouTube and over 1000 other video platforms to WAV.
- Live streams can be downloaded.
- An all-in-one media converter.
- WAV, AAC, MP4, AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV, M4V, F4V, and other video and audio formats are supported.
- Audio codec, audio bit rate, sampling rate, channel, and other output files parameters can be adjusted.
The Leawo Prof. Media 11 All-in-One pack costs $169.95 for a year or $195.96 for a lifetime license. Both licenses come with free technical assistance and are compatible with Mac and Windows computers.
9. Any Video Converter Free
Any Video Converter is a multi-platform video converter that works with Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux.
It can convert any video file to any format and burn it to DVD with ease, as well as download and burn YouTube videos to DVD.
Any Video Converter Free is a free video converter that converts YouTube videos to WAV. MP4, AVI, 3GP, and WebM are among the video formats it transforms.
Audio can also be extracted from films, and videos can be converted to WAV, MP3, AAC, OGG, and a variety of other audio formats.
Before converting or burning to DVD, you can effortlessly modify any video file. It would be handy for both rookies and professionals due to its user-friendly interface.
- MP4, WMV, VOB, MPEG, H264, H265, 3GP, 3G2, MOD, AVI, MOV, FLV, F4V, and many other video formats are supported.
- WAV, MP3, AC3, AAC, WMA, M4A, MKA, AU, AIFF, FLAC, DTS, and more audio formats are supported.
- Audio tracks from CDs and even background music from films can be extracted.
- With its simple video editor, you can adjust the video part you want to convert.
Any Video Converter is completely free to use. However, let’s say you desire extra functionality like video screen recording and capture, DVD templates, etc. In that situation, they offer a $49.95 premium version.
10. MiniTool uTube Downloader
You can convert YouTube videos to many audio and video formats with MiniTool uTube Downloader. To convert videos, you must first download the software to your desktop device.
You can download complete YouTube playlists as WAV or MP3 files using the app. You may convert videos to the best video and audio formats available.
MiniTool uTube Downloader allows you to convert HD videos to high-resolution audio formats such as WAV files.
- YouTube videos can be converted to WAV, MP3, MP4, and WebM formats for free.
- Supports 4K and 8K high-definition video downloads.
- Download music and video playlists from YouTube.
- Download video subtitles that have been generated automatically.
- Only available for Windows systems.
MiniTool uTube Downloader is completely free, and the best thing is that it has no advertisements.
YTBTO is an online video to audio converter that works quickly. You may convert YouTube and Vimeo video files to WAV and MP3 audio codecs using the video converter tool.
Additionally, you can convert to video formats such as MP4, AVI, MKV, and Webm with the software. Because the software is responsive, it may be used on both desktop and mobile devices.
- WAV, MP4, AVI, MKV, and Webm are among the formats that can be converted.
- Supports YouTube and Vimeo.
- Convert files on Android phones and tablets.
- No registration is needed.
YTBTO is entirely free of cost. The files can be converted on Windows, Mac, and Android devices. At this time, there is no support for iOS mobile devices.
12. Loader.To YouTube To WAV Converter
YouTube to WAV Converter is a free online tool that converts YouTube videos to the WAV format so you can play them on your computer or another device.
This tool is free and requires no software or app downloads. It’s fast, straightforward, and easy to use.
You just have to copy and paste the URL of the YouTube video into the box, hit convert, and you’re done.
YouTube to WAV Converter is entirely free.
13. Ontiva YouTube to WAV Converter
The Ontiva YouTube to WAV Converter is an online tool that makes converting YouTube videos to WAV files quick and easy.
Download your favorite YouTube music in WAV, MP3, or other formats in just a few clicks. Simply paste the video URL from YouTube into the search box, press convert, and get your file.
As with most WAV online free converters, these sites might display ads, which can be annoying.
Ontiva YouTube to WAV Converter is an online free converter anyone can use. Just make sure your browser doesn’t have any ad blockers installed. Otherwise, you won’t be able to access its services.
14. Wondershare Filmora
Wondershare Fimora9 is a professional video editing program with a variety of video editing tools.
The software can also convert Vimeo and YouTube videos to various audio formats, including WAV and others. The tool’s graphical user interface is simple to use.
If you just want to convert YouTube videos to audio formats, Wondershare Filmora might not be the perfect application for you. This tool, on the other hand, will be ideal for professional video editing as well as video conversion to other formats.
- Convert video to a variety of formats.
- Intelligent scene recognition.
- Video can be sped up or slowed down.
Filmora may not be the right tool if you only intend to convert YouTube videos to WAV. However, if you also want a powerful video editing tool to go along with your video conversions, then you have two options:
- Monthly subscription: $68.98.
- Lifetime Plan: $116.95.
What Are YouTube To WAV Converter Apps?
A YouTube to WAV converter is a tool that can convert videos from YouTube and other video hosting sites into audio files. You can then play these files on any device, such as your phone or computer.
There are many different types of YouTube to WAV converters available on the market today, but some are much better than others. To ensure you get the best possible converter for your needs, you must research before making a purchase.
You should first read reviews from other customers who have used products like this before. This will give you an idea of how well they work and what kind of problems people have experienced when using them. For example, you can read my reviews on the top YouTube to WAV converters SnapDownloader, iTubeGo, Wondershare UniConverter, and VidJuice UniTube.
It’s also important to check out what kinds of features each product has included in its design and functionality when making your choice.
What Are WAV Files?
WAV is a file format for audio data. It’s the most basic, uncompressed audio format that can be played on any computer.
The WAV format is a standard format for storing digital audio and can store sample rates up to 96 kHz and bit depth up to 32 bits per sample. It also supports metadata, including artist, song title, album title, track number, date created, and more.
WAV files are typically used for archiving purposes or in cases where the highest quality possible is desired (such as music production).
WAV files are uncompressed and lossless audio files. They’re big, but they’re also the best quality for recording audio.
WAV files are uncompressed, which means they don’t lose any data that needs to be compressed to save space or make it easier to stream over the Internet. Lossless means that no information is lost in the file, and it can be played back exactly as it was created — without any loss of quality.
The downside is that WAV files are huge compared to other formats like MP3 or AAC. For example, a minute-long MP3 can be about 3MB, whereas the same length of WAV would be around 10MB. This is why most people use smaller formats like MP3 or AAC when listening to music on their phones or computers rather than WAV files.
What’s The Difference Between WAV and MP3 Files?
The main difference between WAV and MP3 files is that the two formats vary in both sound quality and file size.
The waveform audio file format (known as WAV) provides CD-quality audio in an uncompressed form, which takes up a lot of storage space. With the MP3 format, you get a compressed version of the original file that sacrifices some sound quality but is much smaller.
When you want to share a song or video with friends on WhatsApp, Snapchat, Facebook Messenger, or Instagram, you probably want to choose an MP3 file or another low-sized popular format such as AAC.
When making songs for professional music production, you might prefer to use WAV files.
While WAV files have higher quality, converting the audio channel from a YouTube video when the original audio was published in MP3 format will not yield a higher quality than the YouTube video.
However, if you know that the YouTuber used WAV audio files in their video, you might be able to convert the video to WAV with the same quality. Video files uploaded to YouTube suffer processing. Thus, we’re not sure how the audio quality is affected.
That is to say, you won’t want to download your WAV files from YouTube if you’re an audiophile. A service like Bandcamp is a far better alternative in this instance. In Bandcamp, artists must upload their audio files as WAV or FLAC so listeners can purchase them at their highest quality.
Which Is Best, WAV or FLAC?
The WAV audio format is a lossless, uncompressed, broadcast CD-quality music file. It’s the main audio format used on Windows systems for raw and typically uncompressed audio. It plays on all devices that recognize audio files.
FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec and is a compressed audio format like MP3. Still, while MP3 uses a “lossy” compression, which discards audio information that humans can’t hear, FLAC uses a lossless compression, which will not change the quality of the compressed audio.
The primary benefit of FLAC is that it is lossless. Audio data compressed with FLAC’s method can be decompressed to provide an exact copy of the original data.
When converting files from one format to another, information is lost. The higher the bit depth and sample rate of a file, the more information it contains.
If you convert a WAV file to FLAC, the result will be a FLAC file that’s identical in every way to the original WAV. But if you convert a 24-bit/96kHz FLAC file to 24-bit/48kHz WAV and then back again, there will be audible artifacts that wouldn’t be present in an uncompressed WAV or a losslessly compressed FLAC.
While both WAV and FLAC are better than lossy formats like MP3 or AAC when it comes to audio quality, they aren’t interchangeable with one another without losing fidelity.
Your audio file’s playback location is the determining factor in how you should go about doing this. While the WAV file format can be played on any device, including mobile phones, not every device may recognize FLAC files. As a result, WAV is a more ubiquitous format than FLAC.
What Features Should You Look For in YouTube to WAV Converters?
When you’re searching for the best YouTube to WAV converter, it’s important to keep your needs in mind. You may want something simple and easy to use or a program that does everything for you.
When looking for the best YouTube to WAV converter, here are some things to look for:
- Easy-to-use Interface – If you’re unfamiliar with complicated programs, it might be best if you stick with a simple program. This will help you convert your files without having to do too much work.
- Speed – The speed of your YouTube to WAV converter is also important because you don’t want to wait for hours for your files to be converted.
- Batch Converter – Some YouTube to WAV tools allow users to convert multiple files at once, which saves time and resources. If this is something you’re interested in, make sure it’s part of the program before you buy it.
- Free Trial Version – A free trial version of a YouTube to WAV converter can be a great way to figure out if it will work for your needs. You can test out all of the features before committing yourself to purchase the full version.
- Support for Multiple Formats – If you’re going to be converting files from one format into another, it makes sense to find a program that supports multiple formats so that you don’t have to switch between applications every time that you need to convert something new. Look for converter tools that support MP3, FLAC, or OGG files and video formats such as MOV, MP4, AVI, or WMV.
How To Convert YouTube to WAV On a Mac
When it comes to converting YouTube to WAV on a Mac, you have two options:
1. Choose a YouTube to WAV converter for Mac
To go with one of the best YouTube to WAV converters for Mac, I’ll be using iTubeGo. You can download iTubeGo here.
How to convert YouTube to WAV on a Mac with iTubeGo:
- Install iTubeGo.
- Copy the video URL you want to convert from YouTube.
- Open iTubeGo and choose WAV as the format you wish to convert to.
- Click on Paste URL.
- In a few seconds, you’ll have your WAV file ready.
2. Use a free online YouTube to WAV converter
If you prefer to use an online free YouTube to WAV converter, follow these steps:
- Go to Ontiva.
- Copy the YouTube URL of the video you want to convert.
- Paste the video link in the box of the website.
- Click Start Now.
- In the new window that opens, select Audio.
- Browser through the different audio formats, and when you see WAV, click Download.
There are several other free YouTube to WAV online converters on the web. You just have to type on Google things like: “WAV converter online,” “YouTube to WAV format,” “YouTube WAV converter,” “YouTube to WAV file,” or even “YouTube video to WAV.”
While these types of websites are helpful, they frequently contain advertising and may divert you to other pages, which is inconvenient.
The converter market is vast, with thousands of products to choose from. Choosing the top YouTube to WAV converter can be difficult, especially when there are so many to pick from and no way to actually know how they work unless you try them yourself.
Finally, each of the websites listed above has its benefits. You can’t go wrong with ByClick Downloader, SnapDownloader or iTubeGo if you want top-quality and an easy method. You can also learn about my experience with SnapDownloader and iTubeGo. Downloading YouTube videos and converting them to CD quality audio files becomes easier with these tools.
Using a paid YouTube to WAV converter is always the best option because you won’t be bothered by pop-up ads or the risk of obtaining malware on your device.
I hope that by offering the most popular solutions in an easy-to-digest format, this list has made the YouTube to WAV converter procedure a bit easier for you. Good luck with your conversions!
You might also like: