The best SaaS tools are always the first choice of business owners when they want to scale their businesses.
You obviously have the choice of building and scaling your own in-house apps, but it is time-consuming and costly, which might not be an ideal option for all businesses.
Moreover, SaaS tools, including all-inclusive marketing platforms, are cloud-based and not system dependent, meaning you can work whenever and wherever you desire. Great, right?
Being said that, as a SaaS startup business, small or big, it is important to invest in the right tools to get the best ROI (and also if you want to bleed money for nothing good!). Whether you have an in-house or a remote team that needs the best remote tools, these platforms will significantly change the way you work.
So, to help you out here, I’ve created a list of the best SaaS platforms and tools for businesses of all sizes and shared my insights into why they would work for you.
But before moving ahead, let’s have a closer look at what SaaS tools are and how they can help your business.
Table of Contents
What Are SaaS Tools?
Software-as-a-service tools are software products you can use through a cloud-based platform and pay for the monthly or annual subscription fee like you would for a service.
These tools aim to streamline your different business processes, reduce your costs, offer more flexibility, can be scaled and integrated to improve functionality, and are designed to fit all sizes of businesses—startups, small or mid-sized businesses, and large organizations.
Now, without further ado, let’s dive into the best SaaS tools available today in the market.
What Are The Best SaaS Tools?
Top SaaS Tools for Project Management
Simple yet powerful, SmartTask is one of the popular project management tools for businesses across various industries and teams of all sizes. This award-winning application offers a great user experience allowing teams to be more productive, detail-oriented, and efficient.
You get advanced project management and task management features, real-time solid collaboration, time tracking, team communication, workload management, risk management, resource allocation, sales CRM, advanced reporting, and much more.
So, from project planning to client management, this all-in-one SaaS tool helps build your business for long-term success.
- Multiple project views – Kanban, timeline, calendar, portfolio, etc.
- Workload view for efficient work distribution.
- Live chat, VoIP, video conferencing.
- Newsfeed & automated check-ins.
- Time-tracking and timesheets.
- Estimates and budgeting.
- CRM & sales management.
- Multiple integrations for communication, file sharing, reporting, forms, and more.
Managing all your work from one place.
Monday is a Work OS where every team or organization can create custom workflows to meet their specific requirements. With Monday Work OS, you can easily plan, run, and scale anything from marketing campaign tracking to inventory management.
The SaaS tool’s straightforward interface allows enterprises to swiftly onboard and adjust their workflows as their workforce grows or their needs change. Its no-code/low-code functionalities allow for the creation of highly sophisticated and robust workflows.
Moreover, apart from Work OS, it also offers four different products such as Monday Sales CRM, Monday Dev, Monday Marketer, and Monday Projects for sales teams, product teams, creative teams, and project managers, respectively.
- Dashboards & automation.
- Project milestones & dependencies.
- Boards & columns.
- Easy collaboration.
- Resource management & budget tracking.
- Powerful reporting and analytics.
A SaaS tool for building customized workflows without much coding.
Plytix is a cloud-based PIM (product information management) tool that is easy to use and affordable for small to medium-sized businesses. For far too long, large enterprises have had access to powerful technologies. At Plytix, they believe Product Information Management software should be available to everyone – not just enterprises.
The PIM tool allows you to store, edit and distribute product data on a whole new scale. Teams can collaborate seamlessly, and product data stays up to date because the PIM tool is your single source of truth. This saves you lots of time sorting through messy spreadsheets and allows you to launch your products to market faster.
Some features are unique to Plytix, like the product sheets feature. Product sheets are basically like catalogs you can prepare with a click of a button and send off to clients and suppliers. You can find more information on features like this on their website.
- Effortless collaboration between different teams and departments
- Keeps product data up to date on all sales channels
- Distribute accurate product information to suppliers and clients with ease
- Keep your digital assets safe
- Create custom reports and customizable dashboard
Plytix is best for eCommerce store owners.
Jira is an Atlassian tool that focuses on issue tracking through cloud-based technologies. Furthermore, the platform is designed for agile project management.
The SaaS tool makes bug tracking easier throughout the development cycle. It simplifies planning and handles team member coordination.
However, the platform can be a little complicated to understand for non-technical teams. Although, there are plenty of similar tools like Jira worth checking out that are useful for both technical and non-technical teams in an organization.
- Agile project management.
- Issue tracking and bug tracking.
- Create custom workflows.
- Build product roadmaps.
- Customizable templates for multiple purposes.
- Release management functionality to monitor project release and progress.
Tracking bugs, issues, and agile project management.
Ganttic empowers teams to use their resources more efficiently—by providing managers with a high-level overview of their available workforce, vehicles, equipment, and facilities.
By engaging with the project resource planner, managers can begin to eliminate scheduling conflicts and double bookings, prioritize workflow, and highlight any gaps in capacity.
- Resource management.
- Project portfolio management.
- Project scheduling.
- Gantt charts.
- Drag & drop interface.
A great SaaS tool for planning multiple projects.
ProofHub is a SaaS-based project management tool that offers your business team a centralized workplace to plan, collaborate, organize and deliver projects effectively.
You can plan and manage your work in a way that’s best for you & streamline collaboration to bring everyone on the same page. Organize and assign tasks, set deadlines, monitor updates in real-time, give timely feedback, track work progress, pinpoint risks, remove bottlenecks and adjust project plans as priorities change—all in one place.
- Manage tasks using multiple views – Kanban board, Gantt chart, Table & Calendar View.
- Use a timer or manually keep track of the time spent on tasks.
- Create custom workflows to map your team’s process from start to finish.
- Review, approve, and share feedback on files & documents.
- Communicate in real-time with chat and discussions.
- Manage and capture work requests using forms.
- Custom reports.
A top SaaS tool for project management and team collaboration.
Best SaaS Tools for Time Management
1. Time Doctor
Time Doctor is a great tool for businesses that need to track employee productivity. It helps managers see which employees are productive and which ones are not.
Time Doctor also allows businesses to set goals for their employees and track progress over time. It’s especially useful if you have several remote employees, as it can help you keep track of their work hours and make sure they stay productive.
- Time Tracking.
- Website and Application Monitoring.
- Screenshot Recording.
Providing detailed analytics of where time is spent on the workday.
Akiflow is a time management app that uses time blocking and smart integrations to help users prioritize and schedule their tasks.
- Turn anything into a task.
- Pull tasks from all your most-used tools.
- Plan tasks onto the inbuilt calendar.
- Share availability with bookable links.
- Avoid distractions with the Focus Mode feature.
Akiflow makes time management easy with its time-blocking-oriented features.
3. WebWork Time Tracker
WebWork Time Tracker is a time-tracking and employee-monitoring tool that simplifies workforce management. It provides the employer with detailed analytics on how their employees spend time, how active they are, and how productive they are overall.
WebWork also offers built-in Task Management and Communication tools, such as Team Chat and Video Calls. That way, WebWork combines all the necessary tools for remote work and team management in one place.
- Time Tracking with Screenshots
- App and Website Usage Monitoring
- Task Management
- Communication Tools
- Geolocation Tracking
WebWork Time Tracker is a detailed and accurate time management for remote teams.
Best SaaS Tools for Appointment Scheduling
SavvyCal is a meeting scheduling app that both the sender and the recipient will love. The advent of scheduling tools made finding a time much easier but also introduced awkward power dynamics that make recipients jump through hoops in order to find mutual availability.
SavvyCal aims to remove the power dynamics by allowing recipients to overlay their calendars while also improving productivity by leveraging features like ranked availability, multiple durations, personalization, and time blocking.
- Calendar overlay.
- Ad-free meeting polls.
- Chrome extension.
- Unlimited calendar accounts.
- Team scheduling and round-robin.
SavvyCal allows the scheduler to overlay their calendar and book a meeting in one click.
Best SaaS Tools for Employee Engagement
Jostle is an employee success platform built for modern workplaces. It provides the clarity and recognition people need to succeed. With this platform, everyone can connect, communicate, and celebrate across locations and departments.
- News – The go-to place for important updates and publishing relevant, targeted content.
- Library – Where all your important files live in a single, authoritative place.
- People – A visual employee directory to connect with colleagues or learn about coworkers’ backgrounds, skills, and expertise.
- Discussions – Keep teams and projects on track with instant messaging.
- Teams – Your dynamic org chart to clarify who does what and simplify complex org structures.
Jostle is the single place where everyone in your organization connects, communicates, and celebrates together.
Empuls is a comprehensive all-in-one platform for holistic employee engagement that helps organizations improve workplace culture. HR professionals use Empuls to connect employees with the organization’s shared purpose, provide a voice to every employee, eliminate information silos, and build a culture of appreciation throughout the organization.
- Employee Rewards.
- Employee Recognition.
- Employee Surveys.
- Social Intranet.
Best social Intranet to disburse rewards and collect feedback.
Zavvy is an employee enablement platform that helps onboard, train, and develop your people. No matter if your team is hybrid, remote, or in-office.
The goal of Zavvy is to enable people and businesses to develop, expand, and effectively utilize their skills. Companies may develop, engage, and retain their workforces by putting an emphasis on the employee experience.
- Onboarding and preboarding.
- Event scheduling.
- Manager training.
- Learning management.
- 360° feedback.
- Slack and MS Teams integrations.
All-in-one platform for amazing people processes (onboarding, development, feedback, cross-boarding, offboarding) enhanced by smart automation.
Compass is a sales incentive management platform that lets you manage and automate sales incentive programs, launch incentive plans, and disburse incentives. It empowers businesses to motivate sales reps with real-time visibility into performance, commission information, and on-time payouts.
- Publish gamified incentive programs.
- Live scorecards and payments.
- Multilingual, DIY, and self-serve.
- Nudges and alerts.
- While-label and custom branding.
- Access and admin console.
Managing sales incentives and commissions with gamification programs.
Best for Social Media Management
SocialBee is a great social media management platform that allows you to create and publish content on all major social media platforms, such as LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Google My Business, and TikTok.
By keeping all your social media accounts in one single dashboard, you can have a more effective approach to your social media marketing efforts.
- Set a posting schedule in a content calendar.
- Organize your posts into various categories and then automatically post them on all social accounts at once.
- Customize your social posts for each social media platform.
- Advanced reporting & analytics.
- Recycle evergreen posts or expire time-sensitive content.
- Curate content through RSS Feeds.
- Canva integration inside SocialBee’s post editor.
Using a single location to manage all of your social media accounts.
Sociality provides a fresh approach to working together to develop stronger brands on social media channels. It gathers teams together under one roof to plan content, manage social media interactions, track performance, check on competitors, and monitor brand health.
By developing a social media marketing strategy with Sociality, you’ll gain access to digital marketing tools that allow you to schedule content, spy on competitors, analyze engagement, and more.
- Social content scheduling.
- Evaluate brand health with social listening.
- Social media monitoring.
- Competitor analysis.
Managing every social media platform from a single location.
Planly is a freemium social media scheduler. Scheduling social media platform posts like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok, Pinterest, Linkedin, and Google Business Profile is now easy and convenient with Planly.
Thanks to the advanced interface, you can manage all your social media accounts at once.
- Full automation and advanced interface.
- 100% auto-posting without notifications.
- Instagram reels, carousels, and pin posts.
- Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn first comments.
- Drag & drop calendar planner.
- Visual media in the Planly unlimited Media Library.
- Filter your media by their date, media type (photo or video), and category.
- Team management.
- Customizable pricing.
It is the best social media scheduling tool for content creators and those who manage multiple social media accounts together.
Best for Managing Online Businesses
Uteach is a course creation and sales platform. The all-in-one automation lets you host your whole eLearning business from one place.
This course creation platform lets you create websites, do marketing and live sessions and even have a blog and full control over every aspect from a simple back-end dashboard.
- Create and sell video courses.
- Automate the teaching process.
- Create websites.
- Create quizzes and award certificates.
- Build online and offline learning experiences.
Best website builder for education providers.
Systeme allows anyone to launch an online business for free. You can set up sales funnels, an affiliate program, an email marketing automation campaign, sell online courses, and so much more.
Every business also needs a great website, so it is always advisable to use an SEO agency for SaaS, ensuring you have a strong web presence.
You can read my Systeme IO review and a comprehensive Systeme IO tutorial for a more in-depth analysis of this platform.
- Website builder.
- Sales funnels.
- Affiliate program management.
- Online course hosting.
- Email marketing.
- Blog creation.
- Business automation.
Launching an online business.
3. Agility CMS
Agility CMS is a headless content management system built for modern websites. It was the first to combine the power of website management with the flexibility of an API-first architecture.
- API-first platform.
- Fastest CMS.
- Epic flexibility.
- Omnichannel delivery.
Building customer-centric digital websites.
Best for Business Planning
Upmetrics is a business planning software that helps you with every step of writing your business plan, from drawing out your primary idea, creating pitch decks, and financial forecasting to discussing your idea with your investors and team.
Over 50,000 entrepreneurs from all over the world use Upmetrics to organize their businesses, work with remote teams, and make attention-grabbing pitch decks.
- Business planning – business plan builder, real-time collaboration, cover pages, easy sharing.
- Financial forecasting – forecast calculators, financial reports, financial summaries, exporting to excel.
- Create pitch decks – templates, pitch presentation, exporting, and sharing with investors.
- Strategic planning.
Online business planning.
Best for Customer Success, Support & Satisfaction
Custify is a leading customer success software designed for growing B2B SaaS companies. It allows team members to collaborate to offer a better customer experience from onboarding to success. CSMs can have a complete overview of each customer, and they can define their own KPIs and customer health scores.
With these features, customer success managers can better understand the needs of their clients and develop long-lasting relationships with them.
- Customer 360° view.
- Customer base segmentation.
- Workflow automation.
- Customer health score.
Custify is known for its high-touch customer experience and for its impact on reducing the churn rate.
Hiver is the world’s first multichannel helpdesk that works within your Gmail Interface. With this customer relationship management tool, support admins/managers can assign, track and collaborate on customer queries arriving in their shared inboxes.
Hiver helps teams deliver outstanding customer service through multiple channels like email, live chat, and knowledge base. Moreover, support agents need not spend time learning new interfaces since Hiver looks and feels exactly like Gmail.
- Delegate customer queries in a single click.
- Assign live chat queries to support agents.
- Let your customer have the option to self-serve with Hiver’s Knowledge Base.
- Automate customer workflows.
- Track key support metrics like first response time and average resolution time.
Works intuitively within your native Gmail interface.
3. Zonka Feedback
Zonka Feedback is a customer satisfaction software and survey tool that enables businesses to use CX metrics like Net Promoter Score (NPS Surveys), CES & CSAT to collect useful and actionable feedback.
- Code-free survey builder.
- Three active surveys.
- 25+ question types, including MCQs, rating scales, emoji scales, etc.
- 500+ survey templates, including NPS survey template, CSAT survey template, website feedback survey template, etc.
- Customizable surveys with images, videos, GIFs, etc.
Collecting customer feedback.
Best for Recruitment & HR Management
1. Folks HR
Folks HR helps hundreds of SMBs save one day a week with innovative HR features. From employee onboarding and performance evaluation to HR analytics, you can get everything done and boost your productivity with Folks.
Folks HR is suitable for industries like manufacturing, engineering, construction, nonprofits and so much more. Add a bit of maple syrup on top, and you have Folks HR, the best HRIS for Canadian SMBs!
- Performance reviews.
- Employee files with KPIs.
- HR dashboard.
- PTO management.
- Onboarding features.
Best HR management platform for SMBs.
2. HackerEarth Assessments
HackerEarth helps enterprises recruit, evaluate, and upskill developers based on specific skills.
The platform helps hiring managers be more efficient, guarantees that the right developers are placed in the correct positions, and makes the most accurate and informed decisions regarding candidates.
HackerEarth also organizes online hackathons and coding challenges, where its community of over 7 million developers upskills and practices for employment interviews.
- Extensive library of 16,000+ exclusive questions across 18+ roles and 900+ skills.
- 40+ programming languages and 10+ frameworks.
- Automated evaluation and benchmarking of candidates.
- AI-driven platform designed and tested for bias-free assessments.
- Easy-to-use interface for one-touch creation of assessments.
- Integrates with major ATS like Freshteam, Lever, Zoho, JobVite, JazzHR, and TalentHub.
factoHR assists HR managers in their every employee activity, from hire to retire. It saves managers’ time and boosts productivity.
The software optimizes the entire HR structure and delivers efficient results to help managers achieve their goals. It also helps employees view & edit their details and tracks their moods. The performance metrics let managers get a quick overview of how well employees are performing.
- Comprehensive dashboard and various types of reports
- Chatbot for internal communication
- Attendance marking & biometric integrations
- HR policy configurations
- Goals management & 360 reviews
- Support for statutory compliance
Efficient system to handle various HR procedures in a single space.
Best for Expense Management
Fyle is an expense management software that is the first in the industry to provide real-time card feeds and seamless credit card reconciliations on cards you already have. This helps businesses gain real-time spending management with no extra effort.
Fyle also enables effortless expense reporting on business expenses, mileage, per diem, and more. Additionally, it integrates with accounting software like Sage Intacct, QuickBooks, NetSuite, and Xero.
- Real-time corporate card feeds on your existing cards – Direct transaction feeds for VISA cards (Mastercard launching soon).
- Seamless user experience – Easy employee expense reporting and automatic compliance for approvers and accounting teams.
- Direct self-serve integrations – With accounting software like Xero, QuickBooks, Sage Intacct, NetSuite, and more.
Fyle is the only software that provides real-time spend management on cards you already have.
Best for Online Video Editing
InVideo is one of the most well-known online video editors. With InVideo you get integrated stock media and 5000+ pre-designed templates that empower you to make professional quality videos with simple drag-and-drop editing.
- Easy drag-and-drop editor.
- 5000+ customizable templates.
- 8M+ iStock media library.
- 1M+ premium media worth $1500.
- Video creation in 70+ languages and more.
- Convert text to video.
- Add voice-overs.
InVideo’s timeline and drag & drop editor enhance the user journey of making professional videos on the browser.
Other Useful SaaS Tools
Facilio is a B2B SaaS platform for building operations and maintenance management. It leverages IoT and AI to help real estate owners and facilities managers monitor, control, and optimize critical assets across portfolios from a centralized command center.
- Hardware-agnostic software for integrating all disparate building systems.
- Dedicated support portal for delightful occupant experiences.
- In-depth and real-time analytics from all buildings’ data.
- Workflow automation for streamlined maintenance operations
Offers a full suite of enterprise operation & maintenance applications to enable data-driven smart buildings.
Handle optimizes lien and notice management workflows for contractors, subcontractors, material suppliers, and other construction businesses.
Integrating with construction accounting systems, Handle helps teams not only ensure timely and accurate notice and lien filing, but it also ensures visibility of lien-related documents throughout the credit department—eliminating friction that can result in revenue loss and project delays.
- Notice management.
- Accounting systems integration.
- Automatic deadline tracking.
- Project owner verification.
Handle is purpose-built for material suppliers and specialty contractors to manage the entire process of payment compliance.
Fellow.app is a collaborative meeting software and one-on-one meeting tool that empowers teams to build strong meeting habits. To help organizations run successful and productive meetings, Fellow has post-meeting action item tracking, a 360 feedback to build a culture of feedback across your team, and even a meeting template gallery with over 500 different meeting templates, and more. The software is free for up to ten users.
- Foster great meeting habits by using a meeting agenda.
- Build a culture of feedback by gathering real-time feedback from your team.
- Stay on track by tracking your quarterly objectives. – Leverage expert meeting templates.
- Keep your team organized by tracking action items.
Fellow is a must-have tool for organizations that run in-person, hybrid or remote meetings.
InEvent is a dynamic event solution that can design, recreate, and customize a wide range of virtual, hybrid, and in-person interactions, including Webinars, live broadcasts, panel discussions, summits, networking events, and conferences.
The software can be used by companies in the pharmaceutical, educational, corporate, and event technology sectors.
- In-person events.
- Live broadcasting.
- Live studio.
InEvent is best for running live meetings, broadcasts, or virtual events.
Trustmary is a tool for optimizing your website conversion rates with reviews that matter. Import or collect reviews and video reviews, and showcase them with stylish and customizable widgets on your website. You can find out which review widgets perform the best by conducting A/B tests.
- Import reviews from external review sites.
- Showcase reviews.
- Customizable widgets.
- A/B testing to optimize the performance.
Adding reviews to your website.
6. Zoho Meeting
Zoho Meeting is a web conferencing platform that allows you to host meetings, trainings and webinars. Zoho Meeting features screen sharing, whiteboard, and document sharing options, which allow you to collaborate with multiple participants on the same screen.
Zoho Meeting supports both audio and video calls. The platform also offers an HD video conferencing option, which allows users to have high-definition video calls with their clients or colleagues.
The platform offers an integrated team messaging feature that allows users to send messages to their contacts in real time while they are on a call. You can also use this feature to share files or images with other participants during your meetings or webinars.
- Multiple features, such as screen sharing, screen recorder, file sharing and transfer, remote device control, video and audio conferencing, and live chat.
- Webinars with screen sharing.
- Seamless integrations with Gmail, Slack, and other Zoho tools.
Businesses with remote teams.
7. Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a free SaaS tool and web analytics tool that helps you measure your website’s performance. It’s the most widely used web analytics service, and with good reason.
Google Analytics provides detailed statistics on your website visitors, including where they came from, what they did while they were there, and much more. It’s a truly freemium web analytics solution every website owner should use.
- Measure website traffic.
- Monitor key metrics such as bounce rate and session duration.
- Learn where your visitors are coming from.
- See what pages get the most visitors.
Anyone who has a website.
What’s Your Favorite SaaS Tool?
I believe I’ve tossed a lot of SaaS tools and apps at you that are certain to meet most of your business needs. From project management tools and customer relationship management tools to SaaS eCommerce tools and other SaaS tools, I believe you’ll find the right SaaS tools for your business.
Before investing in a SaaS product, make sure you analyze your business’s needs, and budgets, and if the multiple features offered by the tool align with your requirements.
Also, it would be a smart decision to go for tools that can do multiple things efficiently without burning a hole in your pocket.