Last Updated on August 13, 2022 by Vasco Lourenço
Welcome to my SnapDownloader review.
In this article, I’ll share my thoughts on one of the most popular YouTube converters on the market.
There are a plethora of online video streaming services to choose from. Nevertheless, today’s socially conscious youth chooses to watch videos offline.
Mobile devices are also increasingly being used to watch videos on the go. A YouTube to MP4 converter comes in handy in this situation.
SnapDownloader is one such trustworthy app that has recently garnered enormous popularity on the internet.
You may use SnapDownloader to convert your favorite YouTube videos so that you can save them to your Windows and Mac desktop computers.
Hopefully, my SnapDownloader review will assist you in determining whether it is worth your time and money.
Get SnapDownloader Lifetime Deal for only $29.99 (Ending Soon…)
Table of Contents
The user-friendliness, lightning-fast performance, and extensive feature set of SnapDownloader have attracted many devoted followers who cannot help but sing its praises. Therefore, it was only natural for me to investigate on my own in order to discover the source of all the buzz.
In this review, rather than just talking about the popular video downloading and processing software SnapDownloader is, I actually use it and give my thoughts on it.
I’ll give fundamental insights about my experience with this tool, share my opinion on its UI, features, and price plans, and leave you with my last comments that determine whether or not this product is worth the buzz or not.
SnapDownloader is a video downloader that lets you download video and audio from over 900 different websites.
With this straightforward application, you can effortlessly download any type of video and audio content from practically all big and obscure websites online, from social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram to content platforms like YouTube, Dailymotion, and Vimeo.
The ability to download HD and UHD videos is another top feature of this program. You can select a video’s quality, ranging from 144p to 8k, and the format, size, and subtitle options.
The software has several useful features that improve the overall downloading experience. You may schedule your downloads, start bulk downloads to extract many videos at once, trim videos, and download subtitles from YouTube in over 50 languages.
SnapDownloader is also one of the best YouTube to WAV converters.
I’ll take a closer look at each of these features and others to see how they all contribute to the overall user experience. So, let’s begin.
SnapDownloader has a very simple installation procedure. Most 32-bit and 64-bit Windows and macOS devices are compatible with the program. The app runs flawlessly on macOS X 10.10, Windows 7, 8, and 10.
If you want to download SnapDownloader, follow these steps:
- Go to the official SnapDownloader website.
- Once on the website, click the green button “Download now and try for FREE.”
- Choose from 32-bit and 64-bit Windows or macOS choices, depending on your device’s operating system.
- Click the Download button, and the download will start.
- Install the downloaded file on your system.
- SnapDownloader is now available on your device.
However, before you download SnapDownloader, you may want to know its specifications.
- Latest version: 1.13.1
- Supported OS: Windows 7, 8, and 10, macOS X 10.10 or higher.
- RAM: 2 GB DRAM
- CPU: Intel Pentium 1.6 GHz processor
- File Size Windows 64-bit: 87.5 MB
- File Size Windows 32-bit: 83.4 MB
- File Size macOS: 108.1 MB
It’s simple to activate the app; just follow the instructions below to get started:
- Download and install SnapDownloader if you haven’t already.
- You’ll be prompted with a window once you’ve installed and opened the program. Input the license key given in your email by clicking the Enter License Key button.
- Your app should be active in a matter of seconds.
If you were using SnapDownloader’s trial version, go to Settings and click the “Activate license” option to activate the software.
How Does SnapDownloader Work?
You can watch this short video that shows you the basics of how to download videos using SnapDownloader.
SnapDownloader is one of the most well-designed user interfaces of all current download programs. The user interface is clear, comprehensive, and simple to use.
SnapDownloader interface includes four tabs:
When you first activate the app, you are presented with an almost blank dark blue interface that encourages you to paste a link or search for a video to download.
Using SnapDownloader’s built-in browser, you can select the most popular streaming websites and browse like you were in a conventional browser such as Chrome. It makes it easier to select the video files you want to download.
In the Downloads tab, you can browse through completed, downloaded, queued, or scheduled files.
In the Settings tab, you can choose from different settings and configurations. You can define:
- How many simultaneous downloads the app can make.
- Automatic updates.
- Create subdirectories for each output format, playlists, trimmed videos, or YouTube chapters.
- File naming.
- Embed metadata automatically.
- Enable proxy.
- And more.
SnapDownloader also has a color scheme that follows the ‘Dark Mode’ philosophy. Because the dark colors do not strain your eyesight, the program is easy on the eyes.
I’ll go through SnapDownloader’s main features that make it one of the best YouTube converters.
For this example, I selected an 8K video to see if SnapDownloader detected its maximum resolution. And it did!
The download speed was also impressive. SnapDownloader downloaded a 440.5 MB file (1080p) in about 2 minutes at an average of 3.55 MB/s and took about 6 seconds to convert it to MP4. In the end, the file happened to have 457 MB, which is not far from the 440.5 MB predicted by SnapDownloader.
Unlike other YouTube downloaders, like iTubeGo (which can convert videos to 10+ video formats), SnapDownloader offers only MP4, AVI, and MOV formats. But that’s enough for most people, as pretty much all devices can play them.
By clicking on “Modify download settings,” you can choose your downloads folder, a custom filename, and add custom metadata, including album artist, name, genre, title, and more.
If you click the lower-left Trim button, you’ll be taken to SnapDownloader’s trim feature.
Before you start downloading a video, SnapDownloader provides you the option of trimming it down to size.
You may manually specify a start and finish time for the video, or you can use the designated cursor to drag in the movie’s length from the end or drag out from the beginning to slice the video. Simply click on Save once you’ve trimmed the movie to your liking, and your edited video will be ready to download.
By clicking the Add New Trim option at the bottom, you may make several trims to record multiple segments on the same video. Using this feature, you can create two separated segments from the same video in two separate files.
However, because SnapDownloader downloads the complete file for each trim you produce, the procedure becomes longer as the number of trims increases. Only then will it convert those segments into separate files.
SnapDownloader also gives you the option to schedule your downloads.
Simply pick the Schedule button below once you’ve finished preparing the video with the necessary settings. This will launch a download manager. You may conveniently specify the day and time when you want to start downloading your favorite music or movie from this page.
The program will automatically begin the video download process on the pre-determined day and time.
In this SnapDowloader review, I’ll be also looking at the One-Click Mode feature.
The downloading process is made much easier to handle thanks to SnapDownloader, which lets customers practically automate the procedure. With the assistance of SnapDownloader’s One-Click Mode, you can pre-set the output format and quality option for each of your concurrent downloads.
To access this feature, click the One-Click Mode button on the bottom-left of the app in the Search tab (the UI must be clean without any video). Another way to access the feature is through the Menu bar: Tools > One-Click Mode.
When you input the link to the audio or video file you wish to download, the downloading process starts as soon as you click the link.
If you would like the output format and quality of all of your videos to be the same, here is a feature that can help you achieve that goal.
When you need to download multiple videos, the Bulk Download tool can help you save time. Downloading a YouTube playlist in its entirety in a single session is a simple process.
You may gain access to this function in SnapDownloader by selecting the Bulk Download option located in the same area as the One-Click Mode button.
A compact white text box will be presented to you. Simply choose all videos whose URLs you want to download and copy and paste them into the text box, one link per line.
Within this program, you can start up to 15 simultaneous downloads.
This text box allows you to simultaneously paste a staggering maximum of 100 URLs at a time. Click the OK button once you have completed pasting the URLs. You will be given a preview of all the prepared videos and are only awaiting a command from you to start downloading.
Now you have the option of selecting all the videos and setting a preference for a single output and video quality setting or choosing individual videos and establishing the preferences for those videos individually. After you have finished, click the Download button, and the process will start immediately.
SnapDownloader is equipped with yet another remarkable feature such as this one. If a video on YouTube comes with subtitles, then you can download them in more than 50 different languages. This also contains captions that are generated automatically.
You may use SnapDownloader to export audio or video files as CSV or text files if you so choose. Simply go to the Menu bar and select Tools > Export Downloads.
You will have two options for exporting the files you have downloaded.
You may wish to download videos from a website that doesn’t allow users from your location to access them. This can be difficult to do since it may be hard to access websites that are forbidden to you due to regulations that are particular to the area of the website.
There is an excellent answer to this problem in SnapDownloader. The geo-restricted capabilities may be circumvented with its built-in proxy set-up functionality, which enables users to download video from locations that would normally be inaccessible to them.
Setting up a proxy credential is all required to get around these restrictions, after which you will be able to visit the previously inaccessible website. There’s no need for a VPN.
You can contact the SnapDownloader support team by email only. There is no phone or live chat available. However, email assistance is available 24/7 and is really helpful. Simply send them an email with your question, and one of their staff will respond as quickly as possible.
You may also contact them through a Reddit group if you have any concerns, complaints, or recommendations.
Alternatively, you may seek advice from their FAQ page.
Here’s a brief overview of all the features available with SnapDownloader:
- User-friendly and simple to use – SnapDownloader’s simple and user-friendly design gives it a significant advantage over competitors that employ bulky and distracting interfaces.
- Dark Mode – SnapDownloader’s UI was created with Dark Mode in mind to reduce eye strain.
- Download from 900 websites – You may save videos from various websites, including YouTube, Instagram, Vimeo, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok, among others.
- Up to 8K resolution supported – Download videos in 8K, 4K, UHD, 1080p, 720p, and other high-definition formats and enjoy watching them in high-definition.
- YouTube playlists and channels – Download and convert your favorite YouTube playlists and entire channels.
- Download private videos and playlists – You may simply download private videos, playlists, and other media that require the user to sign in to their account using the built-in web browser.
- Download YouTube chapters – To download and save individual video or audio files from a YouTube video, select the chapters you want to save.
- Save time with One-Click Mode – Set your desired output format and quality to download videos immediately after pasting a link.
- In-built video trimmer – With the built-in video trimmer, you may cut web videos and just download the parts you desire.
- Convert videos to audio – You can automatically download and convert videos to audio without the effort of doing it manually or using separate software.
- Save YouTube subtitles – Download subtitles in over 50 languages from YouTube, including automated captions.
- Convert to 10 output formats – Download and convert videos and audio to 10 outputs: MP4, AVI, MOV, MP3, AAC, M4A, WMA, AIFF, WAV, and FLAC.
- In-built YouTube search – With the built-in search and auto-suggestion capabilities, you can search for and download YouTube videos straight from the app.
- Simultaneous downloads – Download many videos from various websites simultaneously to save time.
- High-speed download – Get the fastest possible download speeds based on your internet connection.
- Download private videos and audio – Using the built-in browser, you can download private videos, audio, playlists, and channels.
- Bulk downloads – You may paste up to 100 video URLs at once and have them all downloaded simultaneously.
- Schedule downloads – With the built-in download scheduler, you may schedule videos to be downloaded later at your convenience.
- Queue downloads – Save videos to your queue list to have them downloaded automatically after the previous downloads are finished.
- Download files with metadata – When you choose this option, SnapDownloader adds metadata to your downloaded files automatically.
- Download notifications – When your downloads are finished, you’ll get a message on your desktop, and you can start playing your downloaded films and music files right away.
- Proxy setup – You may add your proxy credentials to the in-built proxy configuration to avoid geo-restrictions while downloading videos that are restricted in your country.
- 100% safe with no ads – Their team is delighted to provide the safest video downloading app on the market, free of ads and bundled installations.
- Cross-platform support – SnapDownloader has been designed to work with major operating systems, including Windows and macOS.
- 24/7 customer support – They offer a specialized customer service team that is accessible 24/7 to respond to your emails and address your problems.
SnapDownloader can download videos and convert them into 10 different audio and video formats.
- Video Output Formats: MP4, AVI, MOV.
- Audio Output Formats: Original, MP3, AAC, M4A, WAV, AIFF, WMA, FLAC.
You can also select different bitrates and resolutions for the audio and video formats (respectively) that support it.
You can test SnapDownloader for free before committing to purchase it, much like the majority of other software on the market these days.
You can download a fully-functional 48h free trial from their website and determine if it’s the right tool for you.
There are no differences in features between the free trial and the premium version. However, you only have 48h to test drive the app with the free trial.
In this SnapDownloader review, I’ll be going through the pricing of this great tool.
SnapDownloader offers two types of pricing: a subscription and lifetime licenses. However, for a limited time, there’s an AppSumo promotion where you can get a SnapDownloader Lifetime license for only $29.99.
- Monthly Subscription: $7.99/mo.
- 3-Month Subscription: $16.99 every three months.
- Annual Subscription: $29.99/yr
All licenses are valid for one computer only.
If you think you’ll be downloading videos for a long time, the Lifetime license may be the best option.
- Personal License: $39.99 for one computer.
- Family Edition: $69.99 for three computers.
All plans come with free lifetime upgrades and 24/7 customer support.
Before purchasing the software, I recommend trying it out. Like most software developers, the SnapDownloader team offers a free trial with all features unlocked.
The only caveat is that it lasts 48h. While you can download and convert multiple videos in this period, time passes by quickly, and as soon as you know it, you’ll have to purchase a license to keep using the software.
If you’re not satisfied, the monthly license offers a 24h money-back guarantee.
The Lifetime and Annual licenses provide a 30-day money-back guarantee.
The download procedure is pretty straightforward. The following is a step-by-step instruction for using SnapDownloader to download videos or music files:
- Using SnapDownloader’s search box, look for the video or audio you want to download. Alternatively, you may start the process by copying and pasting the URL into the tool’s text field.
- Select your chosen output format and video download quality after pasting. For example, you may choose to download the file at 144p, 480p, or full HD 1080p. Videos in 4k and 8k quality are also available for download.
- Simply click the Download button below to begin the process after everything is set.
- You may also change the download settings by altering where your downloaded file will eventually appear, changing the file’s name, and adding meta tags.
- In the Download tab, you can see the file size, download speed, and anticipated completion time.
- Simply double-click the file after it has finished downloading to begin viewing it offline.
This SnapDownloader review wouldn’t be complete without saying what I like and dislike about the software.
SnapDownloader is a surprisingly lightweight tool that won’t burden your desktop computer. In my opinion, its user-friendliness and amazing speeds at downloading and converting video files are the top selling points.
When I’ve used various YouTube converters in the past, the process of evaluating or parsing the videos before downloading them has taken an excessive amount of time. Because of that, SnapDownloader takes a 5-star rating for its speed.
The possibility of downloading and converting videos up to 8K is another selling point for SnapDownloader.
The proxy configuration allows you to download videos that would otherwise need the use of a VPN. If you are serious about downloading videos, you may save a lot of money here.
While the free trial only lasts 48h, it comes with all features unlocked. This is an excellent bonus since most other YouTube downloaders offer trials with limited functions and put a cap on the length of the converted file.
If you’re unsure whether SnapDownloader supports a website, they even provide this list for you to check.
Finally, there are no ads in the app.
SnapDownloader is a great video downloader, and there’s not much I can say about its drawbacks (only that it’s not a free video downloader. It is for 48h only). The 48h trial may seem a con for some people, but as I said, it is fully functional (unlike many other converters).
If you’d like to download YouTube playlists, SnapDownloader puts a cap on the number of files it can download, which is 15. Other tools, like iTubeGo, offer unlimited simultaneous downloads. But for me, this is not a problem.
Also, it can only convert videos to three different video formats, unlike other tools supporting dozens of video formats. However, SnapDownloader video formats (MP4, AVI, and MOV) are the most fundamental and widely used video formats available that any device recognizes (so why do you need more?).
If you’re unsure whether SnapDownloader is the best video downloader and converter, you can read my iTubeGo review and compare both tools.
If you’re looking for the best free video downloader for YouTube and other websites, you may want to check my free YouTube to MP4 guide.
Below I answer some questions regarding SnapDownloader.
How to use SnapDownloader?
To use SnapDownloader, follow these steps:
- Copy the video URL you want to download.
- Paste the link on SnapDownloader’s search box.
- Choose your preferred output format and video quality.
- Click the Download button.
You can also use SnapDownloader’s built-in browser to select the video to download.
Is SnapDownloader safe?
SnapDownloader is a safe program that lets you download videos and convert them to different video and audio formats in a safe way. The only potential risk is downloading a cracked version, which frequently comes with malware and adware that can damage your computer.
Is SnapDownloader legit?
SnapDownloader is as legit as any other trusted software on the market. As soon as you purchase SnapDownloader and insert the license key on the app, it’s ready to go. And as you can see from this review, you can download videos from multiple video-streaming sites easily.
Is SnapDownloader free?
SnapDownloader offers a completely free version with all features unlocked for 48 hours. If you want to continue using the product after that, you must purchase a license.
SnapDownloader is a service to look into if you’re seeking a dependable and effective way to download and store YouTube videos. It’s straightforward, intuitive, and effortless.
This tool will be especially handy if your main sources of YouTube videos you enjoy are long ones with a lot of intriguing bits you wish to save.
SnapDownloader includes many functions that many users may find useful, including downloading YouTube videos at a fantastic speed, downloading songs, and extracting audio files of their favorite videos.
Overall, this program has many useful features that may assist you in managing your video and music file libraries.
Overall, SnapDownloader is a valuable program that accomplishes its goal. The best aspect is that it’s inexpensive, simple to use, quick, and trustworthy.
Want to give it a try?
You may also like: