In this article, I share the best ways how to download and convert Vimeo videos to MP4.
With over 1.58 million active subscribers, Vimeo offers a vast range of high-quality video content for users who care about the presentation of their videos. They have a large number of video types, and the site is constantly being updated to further this goal of making a place users can go to watch the best videos posted online.
Conversions are great ways to get around some of the limits set in place by Vimeo itself. Rather than automatically converting videos to a lower resolution, you can download them as an MP4 file and play them on any device.
If you’re looking to convert your Vimeo videos, there are many programs out there. However, this makes it hard to know the best Vimeo to MP4 converters since there are so many.
And these converter apps don’t always live up to their end of the bargain. That’s why I’m sharing the best ways how to download Vimeo videos to MP4.
These are the easiest and most effective best ways to let you convert your Vimeo videos with ease.
As you probably know, some Vimeo videos display the Download button on the video page below the video title, so you can download them directly from the website.
However, not every video has that option.
Fortunately, there are various options available to us.
I’ve been trying to figure out which Vimeo to MP4 converter is the finest for a long time. I wrote this evaluation based on my experience with these top ways of converting Vimeo videos to MP4 format.
4K Video Downloader is the best free video downloader app that lets you download videos from Vimeo and other websites, such as YouTube and others, and convert them to MP4. It’s compatible with both Mac and Windows computers.
There are comparable alternatives to 4K Video Downloader, such as SnapDownloader and iTubeGo, which also download and convert Vimeo videos to multiple formats. But for this example, I’ll be using 4K Video Downloader.
You can use this software to download any video you want, and you can directly extract audio from your favorite videos in MP3 format.
The 4K Video Downloader is not only easy to use but hard to beat when it comes to features and extensibility.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to download Vimeo to MP4.
1. Download 4K Video Downloader here (it’s free).
2. Copy the Vimeo link to your clipboard. You can right-click on it and select “copy link” or “save link.”
3. Open 4K Video Downloader and click the Paste Link button.
4. The parsing process will begin, and a list of different format options will appear. Select the format and quality you want.
If you click the Download Video dropdown menu, you’ll also be able to extract only the audio.
5. Click the Download button. The video will be downloaded in seconds.
The best part is that 4K Video Downloader allows you to download Vimeo private videos easily (this is something some video downloaders lack).
Lastly, if the file is considerably large, you may use an MP4 compressor to reduce its size.
Here’s a video from 4K Download exemplifying the whole process.
Downloading videos without a third-party tool is also possible.
There are many online converters to convert videos from streaming websites like Vimeo or YouTube to MP4. For this example, I’m going to use Vimeo Downloader.
1. Head over to Vimeo Downloader.
2. Paste the Vimeo URL link you want to download into the text box and click Submit.
3. The red Download Video button automatically chooses the highest resolution available. If you want, you can download lower resolutions with the yellow buttons.
4. After you click on Download Video, the video will start playing on a new tab. Click the three dots at the screen’s lower-right and then select Download.
5. Choose where you want to store the video on your hard drive and click Save.
A speedy video converter, SaveVideo.me is one the fastest ones I’ve come across in my research. Just copy and paste the Vimeo URL and hit Download.
Depending on the video quality, you can download the video straight away. You may also see the file size at the same time.
1. Go to SaveVideo.me, paste the Vimeo URL in the text box and click Download.
2. Choose the resolution you want and right-click on it to save the video to your desktop.
KeepDownloading is another free online download tool. It’s a pretty straightforward converter that supports multiple video websites, including Vimeo, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Dailymotion, Snapchat, etc.
1. Head over to KeepDownloading.
2. Paste the Vimeo link in the text box and click Downloads.
3. Select the format and resolution you want.
KeepDownloading only downloads public Vimeo videos. If the video is set to private, you won’t be able to download it.
Simple Video Downloader is a free Chrome extension that injects download buttons with different resolutions directly into the Vimeo player.
1. Go to the Google Chrome Web Store and search for Simple Vimeo Downloader.
2. Install Simple Vimeo Downloader by clicking the button Add to Chrome.
3. If you don’t see the extension in the bookmark tab, click on the Extensions icon and make sure the Pin is checked (blue color).
4. Go to Vimeo and open the video you want to download. If you don’t see the newly created buttons with different resolutions, click the Simple Vimeo Downloader icon next to the Extensions icon.
5. Choose the resolution you want and click on it. You’ll have the video file on your desktop in a matter of seconds.
This is a question with a bit of a grey area. It isn’t technically legal to download Vimeo videos for offline viewing, but it doesn’t harm you as long as you aren’t using the content for commercial or marketing purposes.
As a rule of thumb, if a video provider does not display a public way to download their videos, it might be considered illegal.
If a Vimeo user has enabled downloads for their video, then it’s perfectly fine for you to download it. You’ll see that these videos display a Download button that allows you to download the clips in various resolutions.
Many users on Vimeo will allow you to download their videos under certain conditions, so be sure to read the permissions before doing anything else. Also, some videos are licensed under Creative Commons, which allows you to download them and use them according to the scope of the license.
Also, if you’re a video creator and you want to download your own videos for backup, there’s should be no problem.
Here are the most common questions people ask about downloading Vimeo videos and converting them to MP4.
While there are numerous approaches, 4K Video Downloader is the best option to download and convert Vimeo videos to MP4. Besides, it’s free.
With 4K Video Downloader, you can download any Vimeo video, including private ones. And with this tool, you get the best bang for the buck because it allows you to download videos to MP4 and MP3 from tons of different video websites.
Yes, you can view Vimeo videos offline on your mobile devices. You can do this by using the official Vimeo app to save Vimeo videos for offline viewing on your iPhone, iPad, or Android device.
This is useful if you know you’ll be out of internet connection in the near future and you must access some videos.
Launch the Vimeo app on your mobile phone and scroll down to Watch. Find the video you want to save and tap it to start it playing.
In the top-right corner tap the three dots and select Make Available Offline. The video will start downloading to your mobile phone. Once the download is finished, you will find it in Watch > Offline. In this section, you will have all your downloaded videos.
You can convert Vimeo videos to MP3 using a tool like 4K Video Downloader. Just copy and Vimeo video URL link and paste it into 4K Video Downloader. Choose the format you want, such as MP4 or MP3, its quality, and click Download.
While Vimeo doesn’t let its users download private videos, there are free tools like 4K Video Downloader that allow you to download Vimeo private videos. You only have to copy and paste the Vimeo link to 4K Video Downloader, select the format (MP4 or MP3), the quality, and click on Download.
Now that you have the best options for converting Vimeo videos to MP4, it’s up to you to choose which one you prefer.
From my experience, the best way to download Vimeo videos is to use a third-party app like 4K Video Downloader that lets you download public and private videos. Other great tools include SnapDownloader and iTubeGo. However, keep in mind that you should only use the videos for personal viewing.
Feel free to share your experiences in the comment section down below.