In our world, where video content is king, the best video editing software is vital for content creators and social media fans.
Imagine being on vacation and capturing the perfect shot of your family or friends having fun. Now imagine being able to turn that footage into a masterpiece easily and effortlessly. With Movavi’s vast selection of features and user-friendly interface, everyone can create impressive videos without any difficulties.
In my Movavi Video Editor review, I’ll be looking at its main features, pricing, and user interface to help you decide if this software suits your video editing needs.
What is Movavi Video Editor?
Movavi Video Editor is one of the best Windows and Mac video editing software if you want something easy to use and much less intimidating than some of its more complex competitors.
You don’t need a degree in rocket science just to edit a video, and you can achieve both simple and advanced cuts and edits.
It comes with two modes: a quick video mode and a manual mode.
The quick automatic video mode allows you to edit your video in 5 easy steps—you can upload your videos, pick a template (such as Family, Memories, and Love Story), choose a soundtrack, and preview your video before exporting it.
The manual mode allows for more customization and control over your video, with options to add effects, transitions, and text. Thus, you can overlay explanatory text and graphics, as well as apply logos and stickers to personalize your video.
Movavi also allows you to import up to 99 different tracks of media. And most importantly, it supports a wide range of video and audio formats.
Who is Movavi For?
For those with a fervor for video editing, Movavi is the ideal fit, catering to aspiring filmmakers, content creators, digital marketing experts, and anyone else who shares this passion.
Whether you want to edit videos for your YouTube channel, create video tutorials for your company, gaming videos for fun, or just create quick videos of your family, Movavi software comes in handy.
With an assortment of intuitive features, Movavi Video Editor facilitates the process of converting raw footage into refined, top-notch videos.
What Can Movavi Video Editor Do?
The Movavi video editing software can do many things to your video project to help you create professional-looking videos. Here are some things you can accomplish with Movavi Video Editor.
The tool allows you to create tutorial videos, record video, add sample videos to your projects, separate tracks from videos, convert media files, create video ads from any video tracks, wedding videos, and more.
Here are some things you can accomplish with Movavi Video Editor.
Transform Raw Footage Into Polished Videos
Whether aiming for authenticity or perfection in every detail of your videos—from storytelling flow to technical details—this editor comes packed with video editing tools such as trimming functions and clip merging capabilities which allow the quick transformation of footage into polished works of art without hassle.
You can get hold of those hours’ worth of recordings and craft enthralling projects, such as YouTube videos, social media marketing campaigns, or even short films. All with having full control over how they come together using Movavi Video Editor.
Enhance Visual Storytelling with Special Effects
The software offers a vast library of visual effects you can experiment with, including filters, transitions, and animations to add a touch of magic to your videos.
Movavi Video Editor doesn’t just stop at visuals; it also offers a comprehensive suite of audio editing tools. You can adjust sound levels, remove background noise, and even add voiceovers or music tracks to create a multi-sensory experience for your viewers.
Create Engaging Text Elements
Adding titles, captions, and annotations has never been easier. With a variety of customizable text options, you can create dynamic on-screen messaging that highlights key points or offers supplementary information.
Export Your Videos in Multiple Formats
Once you finish your video editing, you can export it in a format compatible with your chosen platform. Movavi Video Editor supports numerous file types, ensuring that your content reaches its intended audience without a hitch.
Movavi Video Editor Features
Check out what Movavi Video Editor has got cooking in their pot of video editing features:
Precision Editing Tools
Cut, Crop, Trim, Rotate, and Resize
Like most video editing software and other video editors, these are essential editing tools everyone needs when editing videos.
These tools give you the power to edit your video clips with ease. While the advanced trim modes help you remove unwanted parts, other features allow you to adjust the aspect ratio, change the orientation, and resize your footage to fit your needs.
Color Adjustments Tools
Color adjustments in Movavi Video Editor refer to modifying the visual appearance of your video clips.
Depending on your editing needs, you can increase or decrease the brightness, change the contrast, and tweak the hues and saturation of your footage to create the perfect vibe, whether cool or warm. With the dropper tool, you can also adjust the white balance.
Lastly, the video editing tool has some LUTs that allow you to adjust the color settings with a single click.
Pan & Zoom Effects
Want to create a dramatic zoom-in or panning effect? With Movavi software’s zoom features, you can control the movement and closeness of your video.
Effects and Visual Elements
Movavi Video Editor features all the filters you’ll ever need for your editing needs. Some of them include camera shake, motion blur, and tilt-shift. The effects panel also has a library of overlay effects and LUTs.
With the sticker feature, you can choose from a range of pre-made stickers or create your own. The software has a library of stickers you can browse and select from, such as emojis. You can also add shapes and frames to your video for increased personalization.
The titles allow users to add text overlays to their videos. This feature includes a wide range of pre-designed title templates that can be easily customizable. It can also be useful for adding subtitles for international viewers.
You can incorporate transitions into your video, such as dissolve or fades. Depending on preference, some include geometric, artistic, or more smooth transitions.
You can experiment with a wide range before opting for one. This feature is handy for creating professional slideshows and engaging videos.
You can move objects in a variety of ways to create unique and visually appealing effects, bringing your creative vision to life.
Don’t like the background of your footage? No worries! Use the green or blue screen effect to remove it and replace it with whatever your heart desires. You can use a ready-made background or create a custom one.
Thanks to Movavi’s speed slider, you can easily create that dreamy slow-motion effect with this video editor. But surprise! You can also speed up your footage to get straight to the point.
Highlight & Conceal
Want to draw attention to a particular part of the shot? Or hide something that’s not so camera-friendly. The highlight and conceal feature is perfect for those tricky edits.
Music & Sounds
You can choose from 32 built-in royalty-free music tracks or use your own collection. Furthermore, it integrates with Storyblocks, one of the top stock music libraries, to deliver you thousands of additional music tracks.
Lastly, Movavi Video Editor includes sound effects, such as applauses, beeps, or rain sounds.
Unlike other video editing programs, Movavi features AI tools to help you get your videos to the next level.
- Motion Tracking & Stabilization – This feature uses advanced technology to stabilize the way objects move on screen, creating a smoother and more polished final product.
- AI Background Removal Tool – The background removal tool enables users to effortlessly eliminate background elements from their videos.
- Autocorrect – It enables you to remove unwanted noise and distortions from an audio track. Movavi’s sound autocorrecting tool is designed to automatically detect and remove unwanted sounds, making your audio track sound cleaner.
- Audio Effects – Change the pitch, make your audio sound robotic, add echo, and play with more tools.
- Equalizer – Change frequency levels manually or apply an equalizer template.
- Noise Removal – Remove background noise with AI.
- Noise Gate – Attenuate your audio below a specific threshold.
- Compressor – You can apply sound compressing to effectively balance out the volume levels of different parts of an audio track.
- Reverberation – Sound editing in Movavi Video Editor allows you to use various effects on your audio tracks, like reverb, enabling you to create a unique sound for your projects.
- Synchronization – Sync separately recorded audio and video by sound.
- Beat Detection – Detecting the audio beats of your music track creates beat markers on the timeline that helps you sync your video edits to the music.
With Movavi Video Editor, you can work with various file types from different sources, such as AVI, MP4, MOV, and others. Exporting options are also inclusive of any available format.
You can use the software to optimize your video output for your specific device or directly upload your video creations to popular platforms like YouTube, Google Drive, TikTok, and Vimeo. This means you can easily share your videos with friends, family, or followers with just a few clicks without worrying about complicated file conversions or uploads.
Movavi Video Editor: Pros & Cons
- Simplicity and ease of use – The program is easy to navigate, and users can easily find the tools they need to create their desired video.
- Advanced editing tools – Chroma key, Picture-in-Picture (PiP), Motion Tracking, Titling, Subtitling, Keyframing, and Slow Motion.
- Access to tutorials – It offers many helpful tutorials, which are useful for those new to video editing.
- Regular updates – Users can expect new content and features to be added based on user feedback.
- 24/7 technical support – When you run into issues while editing your videos, you have a team available 24/7.
- Cross-platform – Available both on macOS and Windows.
- Sharing – Widely used video and audio formats are uploaded directly to popular platforms like YouTube, Google Drive, and Vimeo.
- The trial version has limited functionality: users can only access all the features once they purchase the full version.
- The Effects Store is a paid add-on, so you’ll have to spend more if you want to use additional effects.
Movavi Video Editor Pricing Plans
There are two pricing plans for Movavi Video Editor: a 1-year license and a lifetime license. You can also test the software for 7 days before purchasing.
- 1-year license ($54.95/year) – It provides access to all the mentioned features for one year, after which it requires renewal.
- Lifetime license ($74.95) – It grants users permanent access to the software’s advanced features and all minor updates.
Alternatively, you may opt for the Movavi Video Suite, which includes the following apps:
- Movavi Video Editor
- Movavi Video Converter
- Screen Recorder
- Media Player
- Chili Burner
- Split Movie
The Movavi Video Suite package costs $94.95 for a one-year subscription.
Movavi Video Editing Software FAQs
Is Movavi Video Editor good?
Overall, Movavi is a good video editor, especially for beginners. Thanks to its user-friendly interface and features, you don’t need any editing skills to be able to turn your recordings into finished videos.
How is Movavi Video Editor’s performance?
When working with Movavi during the normal editing process, it impressively held up without any crashes. This stability is a huge plus that Movavi brings to the table. And honestly, it was smooth sailing the entire time—no hiccups or anything. It’s actually pretty uncommon to find this level of stability in most video-editing software out there.
Movavi Video Editor Review: Final Thoughts
Movavi Video Editor is considered the best video editor for Mac and a fantastic option for beginners just starting to edit their videos—thanks to the variety of features and effects you can use to create engaging content. It also has a clean interface with intuitive controls that make video editing an enjoyable experience.
So if you want to edit content more easily, not have to follow a steep learning curve to be able to upload your videos to social media, and have more time to create, buying it is a no-brainer.