Jasper AI pricing plans can be confusing, especially for beginners, since it revolves around the number of words and the Jasper AI subscription you choose.
Therefore, Jasper AI cost can break your bank if you don’t use it wisely. For this, you need to know how many words you’ll be using every month. While it’s not a static number and may increase over time, choosing the right Jasper AI pricing plan will help you save costs at the beginning of your AI writing journey.
Let’s get started with a brief explanation of this AI tool and then a detailed examination of the Jasper.ai pricing plans.
What Is Jasper AI?
Jasper is an AI writing assistant that helps you craft short-form and long-form content for over 50 use cases, such as:
- Facebook and Google ads.
- Social media posts.
- Amazon product descriptions.
- Marketing frameworks like AIDA and PAS.
- Content improvement like rephrasing, rewording, or extending.
- Paragraph generator.
- Blog post outlines and ideas.
- LinkedIn personal bio.
- Quora answers.
- Engaging questions.
- Email headlines.
- Persuasive bullet points.
- Video topics and descriptions.
- Unique value propositions.
- Song lyrics and even poems.
- And much more.
The Jasper AI copywriting tool is one of the best AI marketing tools to create content around your business while helping you overcome writer’s block and become more efficient.
Like other alternatives to Jasper, this AI tool can be of great benefit to growing and expanding your online business.
You can learn more about it in my in-depth Jasper AI review.
Jasper AI Pricing Guide
Below, I’ll examine all Jasper AI pricing plans to help you get an overview of its features. These include:
- Jasper AI Starter plan.
- Jasper AI Boss Mode plan.
- Jasper AI Business plan.
Jasper AI Starter Plan
Best for short-form content generation.
For those just getting started with AI blogging, it’s advised to subscribe to the Starter plan. This plan allows you to use the following features:
- 50+ Short-form Templates – These include many short-form content templates, such as generating social media posts, ads, and product descriptions, improving existing copy, and more.
- 29+ Languages.
- 5 Users – You can use your Jasper AI account for up to five users.
- Google Chrome Extension.
- Email Support.
- Short Input of 600 Characters – This is the length of text already in the editor that Jasper will consider for gaining context to AI-generate more content (the Boss Mode plan allows 3,000 characters).
- Unlimited Project Folders.
- History Search and Favorite Outputs.
- Training – You’ll get access to videos and a weekly live webinar to help you make the most of the AI writing tool. Additionally, there’s a 45-minute free course to help you learn the basics of using Jasper AI.
- Jasper Community – Get access to Jasper’s Community of over 50,000 members.
- Weekly Job Board Posts – You’ll get to upload your content project every Friday and find writers who utilize Jasper.
Jasper AI Starter Plan Pricing Guide
You can subscribe to the Jasper AI Starter plan with a monthly or annual billing cycle. Of course, the most advantageous is the yearly subscription, as you’ll get a 17% discount on Jasper AI pricing.
The following reflects Jasper AI pricing for the Starter plan with an annual billing cycle.
- $24/mo – 20,000 words.
- $40/mo – 35,000 words.
- $65/mo – 60,000 words.
- $82/mo – 75,000 words.
- $124/mo – 115,000 words.
- $165/mo – 150,000 words.
- $249/mo – 240,000 words.
- $332/mo – 320,000 words.
- Custom pricing – If you plan to generate over 320,000 words per month.
Moreover, according to the Jasper pricing page, all these prices are estimates.
Fortunately, you can try the Starter plan for free for 5 days and get access to 10,000 words.
Jasper AI Boss Mode
Best for bloggers and long-form content generation.
The Boss Mode plan includes more words for basically the same pricing as the Starter plan. In addition to all the Jasper Starter plan features, the Boss Mode offers more advanced features, such as:
- Long-form Content Generation – The Boss Mode allows you to create blog posts, write long-form content, and create detailed articles with unlimited characters. This is known as the Google Docs style editor.
- Jasper Commands – A Jasper Command is an instruction or order you give Jasper so it knows what to write. It can be anything from creating an entire blog post to directing the AI to another topic within the same text. However, with the emergence of ChatGPT (also included in Jasper as Jasper Chat), Jasper commands might become obsolete in the future.
- Long Input of 3,000 Characters – When Jasper starts generating content, it will now consider the previous 3,000 characters for gaining better context and providing a better quality and relevant output.
- Chat Support – Besides email support, it also includes live chat support to help you take questions as soon as you have them.
- Jasper Chat – It allows you to interact with Jasper in a natural dialogue style, where you can ask the AI for anything (even creating entire blog posts).
- Documents – Features a full text editor to help you format your long-form articles.
- SEO Mode – It allows you to integrate Jasper with Surfer SEO to help you SEO-optimize your blog posts for higher ranking. Unfortunately, it’s a paid integration, and you need an active Surfer SEO subscription in order to use the Jasper SEO mode.
- Jasper Recipes – Jasper Recipes are a set of repeatable instructions you can use over and over to help you develop content faster. Your account will feature many Jasper Recipes by other members of the Jasper community, and you can also submit yours. I wrote an extensive guide to help you learn how to use Jasper AI Recipes.
- Plagiarism Checker – The Jasper Boss Mode plan integrates with Copyscape, the leading plagiarism checker on the market. This helps you make your content unique, as AI writing tools are sometimes known for generating plagiarized content. However, you need to charge your account with credits to use the Copyscape integration.
- Grammarly – The Jasper AI Boss Mode plan offers a Grammarly Basic plan to help you correct spelling and grammatical errors, allowing for a seamless content creation process.
- Revision History – It allows you to see your document’s revision history and revert to a previous version. This is especially useful for people who want to generate long-form content, such as stories, books, or novels.
- Get Jasper Certified – You can get a Jasper certification and a badge on your LinkedIn profile by passing the Jasper certification program. This greatly benefits content writers who wish to gain clients using an AI writing tool like Jasper AI.
You can check out my guide on how to write blog posts with Jasper AI using the Boss Mode plan.
Jasper AI Boss Mode Plan Pricing Guide
Like the Starter plan, you’ll gain a 17% discount if you subscribe to an annual plan instead of a monthly one.
Here’s a breakdown of Jasper Boss Mode pricing plans:
- $49/mo – 50,000 words.
- $82/mo – 100,000 words.
- $232/mo – 300,000 words.
- $500/mo – 700,000 words.
- Custom pricing – If you plan to generate more than 700,000 words monthly.
Every pricing is an estimate, just like the Starter plan. If you exceed the number of words for your current plan, the Jasper team will adjust your monthly billing.
You can take full advantage of Boss Mode’s advanced features by taking the 5-day free trial with 10,000 words.
Jasper AI Business Plan
Best for teams and businesses.
The Jasper AI Business plan is the most advanced pricing plan the Jasper team offers its customers. It’s the best option for those that need a custom words/users package and billing subscription.
In addition to all Boss Mode features, here’s what’s included in the Jasper Business plan:
- Over 5 Users – You can create a team of more than five users for your projects.
- Custom AI Templates – If you need more than 50+ templates, you can ask the Jasper AI team to develop custom AI templates just for you.
- Extended Input – While the Starter plan offers 600 characters for gathering context and the Boss Mode 3,000 characters, the Business plan provides extended characters based on your custom plan.
- Admin Features – The workspace admin features include distributing the number of words to your team so that you know exactly how many words each team member will use.
- Document Permissions – It allows you to specify who has access to each document inside your Jasper account. You can make your documents private or designate someone from your team to access and edit specific documents.
- Onboarding Session – Your team will have a dedicated onboarding session so everyone is on the same page regarding how to use Jasper.
- Dedicated Account Manager – You’ll be assigned a dedicated account manager who will be your point of contact at Jasper for anything you need. As a result, you’ll receive premium technical support.
The Business plan doesn’t offer a free trial, but you can contact the Jasper sales team to get a personalized demo.
Jasper AI Plagiarism Checker Price
Unlike some Jasper AI alternatives, the plagiarism checker powered by Copyscape is not free. You must charge your account with credits to use this feature.
Because Jasper might produce plagiarized content, many users find it helpful and reassuring to run their finished documents through a plagiarism checker.
Jasper’s plagiarism checker prices start at $.03 for the first 200 words plus $.01 for each extra 100 words. You can top out your account with $10, $20, or $100 to use the plagiarism checker.
If you write many long-form articles, it can add up pretty quickly. I would suggest subscribing to Grammarly Premium, as it includes a free plagiarism checker for unlimited words. Moreover, you’d get advanced grammar corrections and suggestions.
Jasper AI Free Trial
Like many other AI writing tools, the Jasper AI tool offers a free trial of its Starter and Boss Mode plans.
The 5-day free trial period allows you to test every feature included in your subscription plan and use up to 10,000 words during those five days.
Because you’ll get to test all the features, I suggest you sign up for the Boss Mode free trial, as it will allow you to experiment with Jasper Recipes, Commands, Chat, and, more importantly, the Documents editor, where you can create long-form content.
Then, if using short-form templates is all you require, you can downgrade your plan.
Jasper Art Pricing
Jasper AI is an AI writing assistant and an AI art generator tool.
Jasper Art has a fixed pricing of $20/mo per user. It allows you to generate unlimited royalty-free images to use anywhere on the web.
This AI content tool generates art and images from your input text. The more detailed your input is, the more accurate the AI-generated image will be.
If you use royalty-free images from stock photo websites and, instead, would like to have original images on your content, Jasper Art can be of great benefit.
Jasper AI Refund Policy
Account cancellation does not automatically result in reimbursement. You must contact the Jasper AI team within 5 days if you want a refund. In most cases, cancellations are scheduled to take effect after the current billing cycle.
They cannot refund you for whatever months you used your account past Jasper’s refund policy.
- Jasper offers a 5-day money-back guarantee. However, they cannot refund you if you request a refund after that time because you used the service during the same calendar month. In order to stop being charged for this service in the future, you must cancel your account.
- No refunds will be issued for past overage or additional charges made to your account, just the current subscription amount. This means you must keep track of your spending, credit, and overages.
Moreover, Jasper Art is not covered by this guarantee. Currently, Jasper is unable to issue refunds on Jasper Art purchases. Just cancel your Jasper Art account if you want to stop your Jasper Art billing.
Jasper AI Pricing Plans FAQs
Below, I answer most of the questions people have about the Jasper.ai pricing plans.
How much does Jasper AI cost?
It depends on your Jasper plan. If you choose the Starter plan with 20,000 words per month, you’ll pay $24/mo on an annual billing cycle. On the other hand, selecting the Boss Mode plan at 50,000 words per month will cost you $49/mo on an annual plan.
Remember that the Jasper AI price increases as soon as you require more words.
What’s the cheapest Jasper AI pricing plan?
Jasper AI pricing starts at $24/mo on the Starter plan, which allows you to generate up to 20,000 words per month. It’s the most affordable Jasper pricing package for beginners.
Which Jasper plan should I choose: Starter or Boss Mode?
If you’re a content marketer who doesn’t need to create blog posts or other types of long-form content, the Jasper Starter plan is the best choice.
On the other hand, if generating long-form content such as blog posts, extensive articles, ebooks, or even books and novels, you should try the Boss Mode plan.
Finally, you should go for the Business plan if you’re a big business or an agency with over five team members looking to generate all types of content while needing advanced features such as sharing capabilities and assignments. You can contact Jasper’s sales team for a custom quote and to get you on board.
Is there a Jasper AI Discount?
The only discount that Jasper AI offers is by subscribing to its annual plan, where you’ll get a 17% discount compared to the monthly plans.
Does Jasper AI offer a free version?
No, Jasper doesn’t offer a free version. You can, however, try the AI software for free for five days and generate up to 10,000 words during the trial period.
Is there a Jasper unlimited plan?
Unfortunately, there’s no Jasper unlimited plan. Unlike other AI tools like Copy AI, which offers an unlimited plan, there’s a Jasper word limit on every plan you subscribe to.
What can I write with 20,000 words per month?
20,000 words per month are enough to write short-form content for many social media accounts and to rewrite existing copy. However, remember that all content Jasper AI generates counts toward your word limit, even if you don’t use it.
Can you save money with Jasper AI?
Yes, you can. If your business relies on many human writers to generate content, the Jasper AI copywriting tool can significantly reduce costs. Even if you hire someone to utilize Jasper, you will save money by reducing the time required for content creation.
Are Jasper Commands worth it?
Jasper Commands are worth it if you wish to direct the AI to write what you want, even after inputting your keywords and project description. You can instruct the AI to go in the direction you wish to during your content creation process.
On the other hand, thanks to Jasper Chat (powered by ChatGPT), Jasper Commands might become obsolete soon. That’s because Jasper Chat works in a dialogue style where you can ask it anything you want and start conversationally engaging with the AI, much like you would with a human being.
Unfortunately, Jasper Chat is available on a separate dashboard and not integrated with the long-form content editor. In this editor, your only option is to use Jasper Commands.
What payment methods does Jasper AI accept?
Jasper’s payment processor is powered by Stripe and accepts all major credit cards.
What’s Jasper AI refund policy?
If you haven’t tried the service extensively within the free trial period, you can get a full refund within 5 days of your original purchase.
Jasper Pricing Plans: Is Jasper AI Worth It?
As you can see, the Jasper AI pricing plans vary according to the number of words per month you require. The Starter plan is the cheapest Jasper AI subscription, while the Boss Mode plan is the most expensive (not to mention the Business plan).
If you’re looking for an AI writing tool that offers unlimited words and a fraction of Jasper AI’s price for basically the same features, check out Copy AI.
Like many other AI content generation tools, Jasper AI allows you to create high-quality content much faster than you usually would without such a tool. However, remember that AI tools are merely assistants—you must fact-check the content and add your own twist to personalize it.
I hope this Jasper.ai pricing plans guide was helpful for you in choosing the appropriate plan for your business.