Are you looking for the best YouTube to AVI converter? In this article, I list the top converter tools to convert YouTube videos to AVI.
To cut to the chase, here are my top three picks.
AVI is one of the most popular multimedia formats available to reproduce video and audio synchronous. And while Microsoft developed it, all other operative systems like macOS and Linux can play the AVI format.
People desire the option to watch YouTube videos offline now more than ever. Maybe that’s because they don’t want to spend mobile data or because there’s no wifi connection.
By downloading and storing YouTube videos on your desktop computer or mobile device, you can watch your favorite videos whenever you want with no internet connection.
Here, I rank and review the best YouTube to AVI converter tools. Keep in mind that these tools can also download videos from many other websites and convert them to MP4, MOV, MP3, WAV, and other formats.
My Top Picks For The Best YouTube To AVI Converters
|1. iTubeGo >> Full Review||Windows, Mac & Android||Free Trial/Starts at $9.95|
|2. SnapDownloader >> Full Review||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $7.99|
|3. VidJuice UniTube >> Full Review||Windows, Mac & Android||Free Trial/Starts at $9.95|
(Special Lifetime Deal)
|4. Wondershare UniConverter >> Full Review||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $39.99|
|5. ByClick Downloader||Windows||Free Trial/$19.99|
|6. VideoProc Converter||Windows & Mac||Free Trial/Starts at $25.95|
List Of The Best YouTube to AVI Converter Software
- VidJuice Unitube
- Wondershare UniConverter
- ByClick Downloader
- VideoProc Converter
- WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe
Below, I list the top YouTube to AVI converters.
iTubeGo stands at the top of this list as it’s one of the best YouTube video converter tools to download AVI videos from the web.
It supports many different video and audio formats, enabling you to convert your favorite YouTube videos in AVI format to watch on any device.
To convert a YouTube video to AVI with iTubeGo, you must select AVI as the output format and copy/paste the video link into the tool. The download process begins automatically.
My iTubeGo review covers all the details of this fantastic tool. Check it out if you want more information.
- Download and convert videos to AVI from over 10,000 video-sharing websites.
- Supports bulk download.
- Download YouTube playlists and entire channels.
- Convert YouTube videos to audio.
- The video trimming tool allows you to download only the portion of the video you want.
- Download private videos from Facebook and Instagram to AVI.
- You can download YouTube subtitles in a separate file in all supported languages.
- Turbo-fast mode lets you turbo-charge your download speed.
iTubeGo is available on almost all operating systems, such as Windows, Mac, and Android.
- 1-month plan: $9.95 for one device.
- 1-year plan: $24.95 for one device.
- Family plan (lifetime): $39.95 for two to five devices.
- Lifetime plan: $29.95 for one device.
All options include lifetime updates and free customer service.
iTubeGo comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee in the event that you’re not happy with it (I can think of no reasons why).
SnapDownloader is another one of the top YouTube to AVI converters since it’s a very straightforward tool with a simple and enjoyable user interface.
Unlike iTubeGo (which supports many formats), SnapDownloader only lets you download YouTube videos to AVI, MP4, and MOV. However, these three formats are more than enough for most people, as all devices can read them.
Besides the bulk download feature, this YouTube converter tool lets you schedule your downloads. This means you don’t always have to be on top of things—you can schedule your downloads in advance.
Learn more about this great YouTube downloader in my SnapDownloader review.
- Download videos from 900+ websites, including YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, Dailymotion, and more.
- The in-built video trimmer lets you choose the portion of the video you want to download.
- You can convert YouTube videos to audio only.
- It supports bulk download.
- Download entire YouTube playlists, including subtitles.
- The in-built browser lets you search for videos inside the app.
- You can queue downloads.
SnapDownloader offers similar pricing to iTubeGo. However, they also offer a 48h free trial to try all the features available.
- Monthly Subscription: $7.99/mo.
- 3-Month Subscription: $16.99 every three months.
- Annual Subscription: $29.99/yr
- Personal License: $39.99 for one computer.
- Family Edition: $69.99 for three computers.
All options include free lifetime upgrades and round-the-clock customer service. The monthly license gives a 24-hour money-back guarantee if you’re not happy, and a 30-day money-back guarantee is offered with the Lifetime and Annual licenses.
VidJuice UniTube is a cross-platform YouTube to AVI converter that works on Windows, Mac, and Android systems.
They claim they support over 10,000 websites and can download videos up to an 8K resolution. Moreover, the software supports bulk downloading and downloading YouTube playlists and channels.
My VidJuice UniTube review covers all aspects of this great tool.
- Download videos from 10,000+ websites, including YouTube, Dailymotion, Vimeo, Facebook, TikTok, and more.
- Convert TikTok videos to AVI without watermark.
- It supports AVI, MP4, MOV, FLV, MP3, WAV, M4A, and FLAC formats.
- Download entire YouTube playlists and channels.
- Bulk download MP3 files to any device.
- Download private videos from Vimeo, Facebook Groups, Instagram Stories, and OnlyFans.
- Unlimited speed mode.
- It offers a private mode so other users can’t find the videos you’re downloading.
VidJuice distinguishes itself uniquely, as its payment method is BitPay (although they also claim to accept all major credit cards).
- 1-Month Plan: $9.95 for one device.
- 1-Year Plan: $19.95 for one device.
- Lifetime Plan: $29.95 for one device.
- Family Plan (lifetime): $39.95 for up to five devices.
There’s a free trial that lets you download five videos only. However, you must purchase a premium plan to get the most out of the tool.
Fortunately, VidJuice also has a Lifetime deal for $19.99 that you can get from this link.
Wondershare UniConverter is not only a YouTube to AVI downloader and converter but also a video toolset offering many utilities.
UniConverter features a video downloader, converter, and compressor, a screen recorder, a GIF maker, an image converter, a VR video converter, and some great AI-based tools.
This all-in-one video toolkit will enable you to do any small task needed to download, convert, edit, and store YouTube videos in AVI video format.
You can even remove background noise or vocals with UniConverter, allowing you to tweak the video to your liking.
While you can’t download YouTube videos directly to AVI, you can convert them to AVI using UniConverter.
To learn more about this fantastic video toolkit, check out my Wondershare UniConverter review.
- Download videos from over 10,000 websites to AVI.
- Convert videos to over 1,000 formats, including audio and video.
- It includes a video editor to optimize your videos further.
- The Video Player lets you play HD videos and 4K or 8K resolution videos.
- Edit video metadata.
- Add and edit video watermarks.
- Separate video portraits and switch background images.
Wondershare UniConverter offers different packages for individuals, teams and businesses, education purposes, and bundles.
The cheapest plans go for the “individuals” package:
- Annual Plan – $39.99/year ($49.99/year for Mac)
- 2-Year Plan – $55.99/2-year (not available for Mac)
- Perpetual Plan – $79.99
Wondershare also offers a UniConverter free trial with many limitations, such as converting videos up to ⅓ of their length. However, you can test-drive many of the great tools it offers.
ByClick Downloader is a YouTube video downloader that lets you save YouTube videos to AVI on your device. It is only compatible with Windows, so if you use a Mac, other tools on this list may serve you better.
While many other tools support thousands of video-sharing sites, ByClick Downloader claims to support only over 40 websites. For the majority of people, this is usually more than enough.
It not only downloads and converts YouTube videos to AVI and other video formats, but it can also work as a great YouTube audio downloader.
- Download videos from YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter, Dailymotion, Facebook, and other websites.
- Convert videos to AVI, MP4, MP3, MKV, and more in HD, 720p, 1080p, 4K, and 8K resolutions.
- Download full YouTube channels and playlists.
- It also offers download recommendations from the sites you’re using.
ByClick Downloader is a free YouTube downloader application. However, premium features require purchasing an $11.99 one-year license or a $14.99 unlimited license.
Both alternatives come with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Like UniConverter, VideoProc Converter is an all-in-one video toolkit. It allows you to download, convert, resize, compress, and make edits to your videos.
Besides downloading YouTube videos to AVI format, you can edit HD/4K HDR video shots from GoPro, iPhone, Android, DSLR, camcorders, and other gadgets.
With hundreds of video codecs, downloading and transcoding any videos to AVI or other formats is a breeze with VideoProc.
- Download and convert video files to AVI, FLV, MP4, MOV, WMV, MKV, WTV, and more.
- Supports 370+ codecs and 420+ format conversions.
- Encode and compress HD video to meet the specifications of an iPod or iPad.
- Record live streams.
- Capture your screen with the screen recording feature.
- Download entire YouTube playlists and channels.
- Trim the videos to your selected portion before downloading them.
The free edition of VideoProc Converter has several restrictions, but it is sufficient for downloading YouTube videos and converting them to AVI. However, videos are capped at five minutes.
To lift those restrictions, they offer two pricing plans:
- 1-year license: $25.95
- Lifetime license: $39.95
WinX HD Video Converter Deluxe is a video downloader that downloads and converts YouTube videos to AVI format.
The full-featured WinX Video Converter Deluxe provides a simple method for converting over 160 video and audio formats, such as AVI, MP4, HEVC, H264, MKV, and WMV, to playable formats for iPhone, iPad, Android, PC, and more.
- Download YouTube playlists.
- Supports downloading multiple videos simultaneously.
- Convert any video to AVI, FLV, MKV, MP4, MP3, WMV, and more.
- Compress high-resolution videos without losing video quality.
- Supports 8K/4K/1080p videos.
- The in-built video editor lets you cut, trim, ad subtitles, and crop your videos.
- The Level-3 Hardware Acceleration enables 47x faster transcoding of any video to any format.
WinX Video Converter Deluxe is available for both Windows and Mac and includes a trial version. The free version allows you to convert YouTube HD and 4K videos to AVI format.
For additional functionality, you must purchase a license:
- Lite License: $24.95 every three months.
- Premium License: $34.95/year.
- Ultimate License: $51.95 lifetime.
Every license comes with an unconditional 30-day money-back guarantee.
AVI is a video file format created by Microsoft, which stands for Audio Video Interleave. It is a multimedia container format that may contain one or more data streams, most commonly audio and video streams. The AVI container is intended to store any type of digital data.
The AVI file format supports both uncompressed and compressed data streams. It also supports multiple bit rates for different media types (e.g., video, and audio).
Many different media players support the AVI file format, including Windows Media Player and VLC. AVI files can be used to store video in either uncompressed or compressed format. Uncompressed AVI files are very large and take up more space on your hard drive than compressed ones.
The best YouTube to AVI converter tool is iTubeGo, a lightweight app that allows you to download, convert, and edit an unlimited number of YouTube videos effortlessly. But if you want a similar tool to schedule downloads, you might want to try SnapDownloader.
VLC Media Player comes as one of the best AVI players for Mac. Not only is VLC incredibly adaptable and capable of handling many formats efficiently, but it is also a one-stop shop for opening uncommon files.
To download YouTube videos to AVI, you have to copy the YouTube video URL and paste it into one of the great tools on this list. Select the AVI format and hit the “download” button. Your file will be stored on your device as soon as it downloads. It’s as simple as that.
The top YouTube to MP4 converters usually can also download videos to AVI.
There are different ways to convert YouTube videos. You can use a third-party tool like iTubeGo, or use an online video converter that is usually free. Most of these tools can also convert YouTube to MP4 or function as an MP3 converter.
If you already have a video on your device that you wish to convert to AVI, you must use a video tool like Wondershare UniConverter to convert it.
To download the video to your desired format, you only have to copy the YouTube video link you want to convert, choose the video resolution, and then click the “download” button to convert and download the video to your Android device.
Yes, YouTube supports the AVI file format. I also supports others, such as MP4, MOV, WMV, FLV, WebM, ProRes, HEVC (h265), and more.
The best free YouTube to AVI converter online is ClipConverter.cc. Although many other free online YouTube downloaders exist to convert YouTube videos to AVI, Clip Converter is the more stable one, as many others come and go and usually present redirects to advertising pages (which can be annoying).
I hope this list of the best YouTube to AVI converter tools ended your search.
There are many free YouTube to AVI converters online, but they’re usually not very reliable when it comes to ease of use, as most display advertising and pop-ups.
Whether you want to convert YouTube to audio or video, any of the tools mentioned in this list will serve you right.
By choosing the right software to convert YouTube to AVI, you’ll have an amazing tool that can serve all your online video needs, such as downloading, converting, or editing.