AI-generated content is taking the Internet by storm. With so many AI content creation tools around, it’s getting easier than ever for content creators to produce text quickly. However, the best AI content detectors can spot patterns created by GPT-3 (short for Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3), the model used by most AI writing tools.
The question is simple: Why should you use AI detection tools if you’re using AI-written content? And should you be worried? Moreover, can Google detect AI content?
The truth is that employing AI-generated content on your website is strictly forbidden under Google’s webmaster guidelines. While in the past, detecting AI content was nearly impossible, today, there’s a growing number of AI detection tools. And if these tools can detect AI-generated content, Google can also—it’s just a matter of time.
That’s why I’m sharing the best AI content checker tools, so you can futureproof your website content and not risk your rankings on search engines.
Table of Contents
What Are The Best AI Content Detectors?
Here’s a list of the best AI content detection tools you can use today.
Originality.ai is an AI detection tool and plagiarism checker integrated into a unique platform built specifically for content marketers and web publishers.
You can detect AI-written content generated by GPT-3, GPT3.5 (DaVinci-003), and ChatGPT. They claim they’re the only tool that can successfully detect AI content. After running a trial, as you can see further below in this article, it’s really the only tool that comes close to a true result.
The integrated plagiarism checker at an affordable price sets Originality.ai apart from other AI content detectors. You won’t go bankrupt because checking every 100 words only costs $0.01.
Furthermore, it allows you to make a full site scan. This is an invaluable tool for website buyers, who can now check the percentage of human-generated content on a website. If they find most of the content was created using AI content generators, they might back off from the purchase.
Key Features Making Originaly.ai One Of The Best AI Content Checker Tools
- Detectable AI Content – Originality AI can detect AI-generated text and gives you a score from 0% to 100%, comparing the originality of the document and the supposed AI-generated content.
- Plagiarism Checker – You can write blog posts more confidently and publish them after assessing the plagiarism score.
- Detect ChatGPT text – ChatGPT is a newcomer in the AI industry. However, because it’s an AI tool that can generate content, it can be deemed suspicious by Google in the near future. Fortunately, Originality AI can also detect ChatGPT-generated text.
- Unlimited Use – Add unlimited members and scan unlimited websites for human written text and plagiarism.
- API Access – Integrate Originality.ai with other tools and create custom applications.
Originality.ai offers straightforward pricing.
- 100 words ($0.01) – Whether you’re checking for AI detection or plagiarism, the price is the same.
You must add your credit card and upload credits to use the tool.
Content at Scale’s AI detection tool is the best free AI content detector tool available. This free tool can detect content generated by AI up to 2,500 characters (averaging 500 words).
But it doesn’t stop there. Content at Scale is the only AI writing tool that automatically bypasses any AI content detection tool. You don’t have to worry about creating content with AI that might be penalized by Google in the near future.
Moreover, you can produce SEO-optimized 2,600+ word blog posts in a few minutes based on your input keyword. Content at Scale’s AI writer makes it easy to generate articles in bulk so you can gain topical authority fast.
More importantly, if Google detects AI content in the future, you’ll be safeguarded.
To learn more about this fantastic tool, check out my Content at Scale review.
Key Features Making Content at Scale One Of The Best AI Detection Tools
- Free AI Content Detector – Futureproof your website content with Content at Scale’s free AI content detection tool.
- Long-form AI Content Generator – Create human-looking content for your blog that is at least 2,600 words long.
- SEO-optimization – Leverage natural language processing (NLP) and semantic relevant keywords to come up with a fully SEO-optimized article. Besides, Content at Scale analyzes the top Google rankings, suggesting the most relevant keywords, just like other AI SEO platforms.
- SEO Checklist – Ensure your AI-written content passes the on-page SEO checklist for an optimum structure.
Content at Scale’s free AI content detector is entirely free of charge.
However, if you want to create content by leveraging the AI content generation of this powerful tool, they provide different pricing plans that you can check on their website.
3. Writer AI Content Detector
Writer.com is a content writing tool that includes many short-form templates for generating different types of high-quality content for website copy, social media, sales pages, ads, and more.
This automated content generator can also create entire blog post drafts and rewrite any sentence to match your style. And because Writer is one of the best AI content generators on the market, it includes a free AI detector (limited to 350 words) that gives you a human content score.
- Free AI Content Detection Tool – You can check for AI-generated content for free but up to 350 words. If you’re writing long-form blog posts, you’d better use Content at Scale.
- Blog Post Generator – Input your keyword and automatically generate a title, an outline, and a complete draft.
- Short-form Templates – Generate content for your social media posts, Google Ads, landing pages, email marketing, and more.
- Grammar Checker – Check your text for grammatical errors and automatically correct them.
- Plagiarism Checker – Ensure all your content is original by checking it for plagiarism.
- Integrations – Integrate Writer with a Google Chrome extension, Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and more apps.
The AI content detection tool by Writer is entirely free to use.
If you want to use all the roll of AI writing features, the Team plan costs $18/mo.
4. Kazan SEO
Kazan SEO is a simple all-in-one SEO tool that’s free to use. It includes an AI GPT3 detector that allows you to check unlimited words for AI-generated content and a few other tools, such as a content optimizer, a text extractor, and a keyword research tool based on clustering ideas.
What sets Kazan SEO apart from other AI content detection tools is its ability to make analyzes in bulk. You just have to input all URLs in a text box and hit “Detect Urls for AI Content.”
Furthermore, if you only input the homepage of a website, Kazan SEO will fetch the first 100 top results from Google and detect them.
- AI Content Detector – Analyze any text, no matter how lengthy, and get a score from Real to Fake (human written to AI written).
- Bulk AI Content Detector – Type in your URLs and analyze them all in one go.
- Keyword Cluster Ideas – Type in one keyword and get dozens of related keywords to help you gain topical authority.
- AI-generated Content – Kazan SEO provides a simple AI text generator that reads around 600 characters back from the last character.
Kazan SEO is free to use. You can make AI content detections for unlimited words without paying a dime.
However, don’t use it for generating text, as many free AI writers out there do a better job at generating text. And if you want to automatically generate long-form text that bypasses AI content detection, use Content at Scale.
5. Hugging Face
Hugging Face is the central hub for developers to collaborate, explore, and experiment with Machine Learning. The open source Machine Learning movement provides many developer tools to experiment and take artificial intelligence writing to a new level.
Of course, they had to have an AI detection tool. However, it was built by OpenAI and only supports GPT-2. Moreover, they explicitly say not to use it for detecting ChatGPT.
The tool provides a score from Real to Fake (human to AI), and it’s best suited for lengthier content.
You can use the detector on your website by downloading the source code from GitHub.
Developed by MIT-IBM Watson AI lab and Harvard NLP, GLTR can be a fun tool to use if you’re a developer of AI tools. The visual trace of a language model like GPT-2 is examined forensically by this AI detection tool. Unfortunately, it stopped at GPT-2, and it’s unreliable to detect GPT-3 text.
Because a language model can predict the next word in a given context, it’s easy for these AI detection tools to analyze patterns in the automatically generated text.
However, because artificial intelligence is getting smarter, thanks to Machine Learning, AI content detectors must keep up with the pace to spot the difference between AI-generated text and human-written content.
GLTR is open-source, and you can download the source code from its website.
Limitations of AI Detection Tools
Because this technology is still new, the best AI content detectors may have limitations, making it hard to settle for a score.
For example, I analyzed an article written by an AI writing tool on different AI content detection tools, namely Content at Scale, Originality.ai, Writer, and Kazan SEO. They all came up with different scores.
In the above example, Originalty.ai is the only AI detector that comes closest to the true result, returning an AI score of 49%. All the others assume the content was written by a human when it was not.
Furthermore, if you make a few spelling errors, AI-written content may be scored as human-written text. This makes the whole process worthless.
On the other hand, Content at Scale is the only AI tool that can generate AI content that bypasses AI content detectors, making it an invaluable tool for digital marketers.
While you still can’t rely on these tools to check for AI-generated content, they’re a good start to futureproof your website content.
Can Google Detect AI-generated Content?
If you’re reading this article, you may be asking yourself if Google can detect AI-generated content or not.
There is still a lack of clear information since relevant technologies have not advanced sufficiently.
However, Google’s Search Advocate, John Mueller, clearly states that AI-generated content violates Google’s guidelines. Not only that, but if the webspam team were to see it, they would immediately label it as spam. As a result, it wouldn’t appear on the search results pages (SERPs).
If you’re a website owner or have online businesses relying on web content, you shouldn’t take this information lightly. While Google is not yet completely effective in detecting AI content, the future will bring new algorithms to fix that.
If you don’t want the risk of having Google detecting your content as AI (or worst, as spam), be sure to take the proper measures by ensuring all your content is human-written. Or at least, if you’re using AI writing tools, don’t just copy and paste the generated content—putting your own twist on it and making adjustments will help make it more unique.
After all, we all want to see content on the web that’s relevant and of high quality, right? What’s your take on the subject you’re writing about? What’s your experience with it? That’s what the reader wants to know. And this goes back to Google’s Helpful Content Update in 2022—eliminating keyword-stuffed articles that have no function other than to boost the author’s search engine rankings.
Best AI Content Detection Tool: That’s a Wrap!
However handy, these tools are merely assistants. The content created by these AI platforms shouldn’t be copied and pasted just as they are. As AI-detecting algorithms advance and Google starts identifying them as spam, many websites that have emerged in the last couple of years and use these technologies to create dozens of articles per day may see a looming day in the near future.
Be sure to futureproof your content with these best AI content detectors.