GoHighLevel Review 2023 Updated
If you need many marketing tools to build your business from the ground up, this GoHighLevel review is for you.
Many all-in-one marketing platforms abound, and HighLevel is one of them. Whether you need a sales funnel software, an email marketing tool, a course creator, a website builder, marketing automation, or more, HighLevel has you covered for a fraction of the price you’d pay for all those tools independently.
As a business owner, you’re always looking for ways to reduce your expenses, right? By using this marketing software rather than other CRM (customer relationship management) tools, you can reduce the high cost of marketing substantially.
But what makes HighLevel so special? That’s what we’re going to find out in this article.
In this review of GoHighLevel, you’ll learn:
- What Go HighLevel is.
- What tools and features it supports.
- Pricing structure.
- Testimonials from real users.
- What I like and dislike.
- And more.
But before we start this review, I must clarify any confusion with the company’s name.
Table of Contents
You may have come across the terms HighLevel and GoHighLevel and wondered if they mean the same.
HighLevel is the name of the company, but their website is gohighlevel.com. That’s why you see many blogs writing GoHighLevel, HighLevel, GHL, or even Go High Level interchangeably. But don’t worry—they mean the same.
In this article, I’ll also use both terms interchangeably.
HighLevel was established in 2018 and has its headquarters in Dallas, Texas. It is a digital marketing and sales platform designed for digital marketing agencies and marketers alike.
They feature many marketing tools crucial to any step of an online business, including sales funnels, email automation, SMS marketing, booking an appointment, call tracking, fantastic customer support, and many more.
It’s a fantastic SaaS tool that has the advantage of saving you a lot of money as you don’t need to purchase individual tools from different brands. Additionally, you can leverage a single platform to run all the aspects of your business (no more switching from app to app).
The Go High Level CRM makes it easy to automate your marketing campaigns and nurture your leads. Users of the software can easily develop a sales and marketing process using a drag-and-drop form builder, surveys, and funnels.
Moreover, the HighLevel team can build a customized mobile app and Zapier for you and include your branding.
Excluding the white-labeled apps, you can try all their features using a 14-day Free Trial (no contracts, cancel at any time).
GoHighLevel Complete Features
HighLevel is divided into two sections:
Agency features include:
- Account Snapshots – Snapshots are sub-account templates that include attorneys, auto dealers, chiropractors, coaching, dentist, and many more. If you select one of the snapshots available, the platform will create a new sub-account that includes marketing assets tailored for that specific business type.
- Reselling – You can resell Yext online listings to your clients. Online Listings by Yext is a very effective SEO tool that builds backlinks and makes sure your client’s vital business information is consistent across more than 70 of the most trustworthy websites in the world. Yext Premium is $999/year with a yearly commitment. However, HighLevel negotiated the lowest price you can get ($30/month with a 3-month minimum commitment). Yext is a terrific add-on service that can be offered through HighLevel with your own markup price.
- Marketplace – HighLevel offers marketing services to boost your business, including building or optimizing your funnels, websites, logos, SEO audits, accounts, and more.
- Affiliate Portal – The platform includes an enticing affiliate program where you can earn a 40% recurring commission for anyone you refer to HighLevel. You can track all your referrals and commissions in this section.
- Partners – In the new Partner Directory, you can search for HighLevel Partners based on the services they provide and the markets they serve.
- University – HighLevel offers a few video courses to level up your marketing game.
- SaaS Education – Because you can white label HighLevel, you can sell the software as your own. Features include automated Twilio re-billing with margin built-in, automated pricing, sign-up page creation, a new agency dashboard to track your SaaS sales, and more.
- Ideas – If you have ideas on how to improve HighLevel, the platform features a roadmap where you can give your feedback.
Sub-accounts include a lot of features that will help you accomplish your client’s marketing automation goals (or your own goals if you use the platform solely for your agency):
- Email / SMS Marketing – Automatically contact leads by voicemail, telemarketing, SMS, email marketing, Facebook Messenger, and other channels. The email builder is easy to use, and you won’t have any issues if you come from another email software.
- Unlimited Sales Funnels – With the help of HighLevel’s user-friendly platform, you may build fully functional sales funnels and create engaging and effective landing pages for your digital marketing campaigns.
- Surveys and Forms – The ability to collect leads through surveys and capture forms is already included. You may either embed them on your own websites or simply integrate them with HighLevel’s drag-and-drop page builder.
- Website Builder – You may build fully functional websites with personalized menus. Having a website and a blog is great for search engine optimization, as it increases the chances of getting eyeballs on your content and products.
- Appointment Booking – Because HighLevel designed its own calendar application, you may make the appointment in a single, simple sequence.
- Membership & Paid Courses – By using their membership platform, you may build a vibrant community for your business or your clients. Courses include unlimited video hosting and users. You can also transfer your membership site to GoHighLevel and sell unlimited products and giveaway free courses.
- Social Media Management – Manage all your social media client accounts in one place.
- Reputation Management – Lets you gather reviews for your clients.
- Payments – Through HighLevel’s direct integration with Stripe, you can take payments from customers when they schedule appointments, visit websites, or use funnels.
- Analytics – Their dashboard maintains track of the leads’ locations and the revenue generated during each funnel stage. You can also integrate your Google Analytics account to view all your data in one place.
- And more.
HighLevel provides many resources to learn more about the all-in-one solution platform and tutorials on using specific features.
To receive more help, you can contact their support team via live chat, email, or even phone (available 24/7).
Most of these HighLevel features also enable you to resell to your customers and turn your agency into a SaaS.
My GoHighLevel review wouldn’t be complete without covering basic aspects of the platform’s account.
When it comes to getting accustomed to your HighLevel account, the first thing to recognize is that there are two levels to any account:
- Agency level.
- Sub-accounts (or location accounts).
Your Agency level account is where you can configure all of your master-level settings, including generating sub-accounts and managing billing.
If you go to Sub-Accounts, you’ll have all your client business accounts.
You can also create new sub-accounts from this page by clicking the “Add Sub-Account” button at the top right.
To switch into a sub-account, select it from the “Click here to switch” drop-down.
When you go to your sub-account, you’ll land on the Launchpad page that will help you connect and integrate other crucial apps to run your business.
The launchpad will help you integrate different marketing tools:
- HighLevel white label mobile app.
- Google My Business.
- Facebook account.
- Webchat widget.
- Stripe payments.
You can also add team members here.
A HighLevel sub-account is an account you create for your client. Think of it as its own business.
Because HighLevel is a marketing solution built with agencies in mind, you can have as many sub-accounts or clients as you need. Each is independent of one other and includes many great features to take your client’s business to a high level.
The menu you see inside each sub-account is as follows:
- Launchpad – Integrate the mobile app, Google My Business, Facebook account, Stripe account, webchat widgets, and team members.
- Dashboard – It gives you a brief overview of your sub-account, including conversion rate, pipeline value, campaign metrics, etc.
- Conversations – Create SMS and email templates and manage conversations. You can also add trigger links to include on SMS or emails to track specific customer actions and trigger events.
- Calendars – Manage your schedule and book appointments with your contacts or new ones.
- Contacts – Manage all your contacts, create contact requests, and edit multiple contacts simultaneously with bulk actions. You can also create tasks and assign them to specific contacts.
- Opportunities – Here, you can manage your opportunities and pipelines. You can see how much you’re earning on each step of the pipeline.
- Payments – Create and manage invoices, orders, subscriptions, transactions, products, tax settings, and payment integrations (PayPal or Stripe).
- Marketing – Manage all your social accounts in one place, schedule posts, create email campaigns and templates, and add trigger links.
- Automation – Create and manage all your automation workflows. This powerful workflow feature automates all the marketing messages you need, whether through emails, SMS, calls, voice mails, messenger, Instagram DMs, and multiple triggers, all in the same dashboard. You can also test the workflow before publishing it.
- Sites – Create and organize your sales funnels, landing pages, websites, blogs, memberships (including products and offers), forms, surveys, chat widgets, media files, and URL redirects. High Level also allows you to connect your own domain name to your website or funnels.
- Reputation – Get an overview of your invites goal, reviews received, average rating, trends, and sentiment from your customers. You can boost your company’s reputation by creating automatic review requests.
- Reporting – Get reports from your Google Ads, Facebook Ads, calls, appointments, and attribution.
Since HighLevel provides a ton of features for a marketing agency, each with different settings, it’s normal you might need some help along the way. To reach for help or contact the HighLevel support team via live chat, click on the “help” icon in the upper-right corner of your dashboard.
You’ll get access to:
- Welcome course.
- Onboarding video tutorials.
- Help center with tons of resources and helpful articles.
- Facebook group.
- HighLevel events.
- Live chat.
- Priority support.
- Phone support 24/7.
HighLevel offers a 14-day Free Trial, so you can try all features without any obligations.
If you find the platform is what you’re looking for, you can decide on the following plans:
- Agency Starter Account ($97/mo) – Perfect for single accounts or your own agency.
- Agency Unlimited Account ($297/mo) – Unlimited sub-accounts and a branded desktop app where you can use your own domain and customize the platform.
Customers who purchase the Agency Unlimited plan can also upgrade to a white-labeled mobile app and a custom zap for $497/mo. You can link any application with Zapier using custom zaps.
If you want to know more about these plans, read my detailed review of GoHighLevel pricing plans.
After you start your 14-day Free Trial, you’ll be prompted to get a done-for-you setup for a one-time fee of $299.
This HighLevel upsell takes care of all your technical setup, including:
- One Subaccount Created
- Sales Pipeline
- Email+SMS Campaigns
- Automations (Triggers)
- Optin Form
- Review Request System
- Online Booking System
- Domain Integration
- Google Calendar Integration
- Facebook Lead Form Integration
- Twilio Integration + Setting Up a Phone Number
- Mailgun/SMTP Integration
- 1:1 Onboarding Training Session
- BONUS: Free Million Dollar Funnel Template
This special setup offer is great if you’re busy with your business and don’t have the time to dwell on the technicalities of setting up your account.
Go High Level Support
Go Highlevel’s support is super easy to use. You can request live chat support, starting with a chatbot. If that doesn’t help with your question, your message will be redirected to the support team. A HighLevel team member will then review your automatically created ticket and get back to you shortly.
HighLevel comes with a Priority Support Upgrade with a dedicated support team, so you can have:
- Faster 24/7 chat support.
- 24/7 ticket support.
- 24/7 phone support.
- Ticket escalation and response times.
Only one Agency account per active subscription is eligible for the Priority Support Upgrade. In other words, you will only use the one you sign up with to enjoy the Priority Support feature. To enable Priority Support with a particular agency, you must purchase Priority Support for that agency ($300/mo or $3,000/yr).
High Level won’t provide support for non-agency users. This means that if you have clients on your sub-accounts, only you (the agency owner) can benefit from support. All of your clients’ information about their agencies will be protected, kept private, and secure as a result of this.
HighLevel Customer Success now has a live Zoom room. They are staffed with Success Specialists from 7 am until 8 pm CST (Monday through Friday), and they are available to answer your onboarding or functionality questions.
In this Go HighLevel review, I share some video testimonials from actual HighLevel customers.
GoHighLevel Review: Affiliate Program
Affiliate marketing is one of the easiest ways to start making money online, and the team at HighLevel knows that.
That’s why you can join the GoHighLevel affiliate program and earn 40% recurring commissions on all sales. Over $11 million in commissions have been given to HighLevel Affiliates in less than 4 years through the HighLevel Affiliate Program.
Moreover, they are now giving away electric vehicles to qualifying affiliates (you could be one of them), which is similar to the ClickFunnels Dream Car Award. These software companies do learn from one another, huh?
GoHighLevel Review: Pros & Cons
If you’re thinking of using GoHighLevel for your agency, there are some things you should consider. In my Go High Level. review, I go over some of the benefits and disadvantages of the platform.
- Because GoHighlevel contains over a dozen tools in all, it can be overwhelming. However, learning how to use GoHighlevel alone takes much less time than learning the multiple platforms it replaces, such as ClickFunnels, GetResponse, Leadpages, CallFire, WordPress, and others.
- Although complex, the platform is easy to use and navigate. You’ll only have to get accustomed to where the features of GoHighLevel are.
- You can create unlimited accounts for your clients.
- Because of their robust API integrations, connecting to other services is easy and enticing.
- The HighLevel CRM allows you to collect, nurture, and manage your customers or leads in a single dashboard.
- Compared to other software, Go HighLevel offers different software solutions packed into one single platform with complete features.
- HighLevel also allows you to build funnels and websites for your clients. The funnel builder and the website builder both work under the same builder tool, so you only need to learn how one works to be able to build the other.
- You have to pay for priority support.
Go High Level vs. ClickFunnels
ClickFunnels is one of the best GoHighLevel alternatives—and for a good reason. It enables agencies to automate all aspects of their business, including email automation, getting reviews from clients, triggering custom funnels to specific clients, and much more.
However, ClickFunnels users are switching to GoHighLevel, since this platform’s account offers all the features an agency needs to run a successful agency business. Some users’ reviews on sites like G2 and TrustPilot claim HighLevel to be their new favorite CRM tool.
Like ClickFunnels, HighLevel allows you to build high-converting funnels. However, compared to ClickFunnels, using the Go HighLevel platform allows you to use all the features a marketing agency needs in a single platform, which includes managing social media accounts and a mobile app (something that is lacking in ClickFunnels).
If you’re a ClickFunnels user, the team at HighLevel created a special bonus for you. You can now easily import your existing funnels from ClickFunnels, and access and use your HighLevel account with your ClickFunnels’ funnels!
What I Like About HighLevel
GoHighLevel has an amazing dashboard and an easy-to-use interface that doesn’t hurt your eyes.
Although there’s a bit of a learning curve to getting acquainted with all the marketing tools, your marketing efforts will decrease over time thanks to the powerful automation features.
The automation feature enables you to build automation with unlimited steps, including emails, SMS messages, Instagram DMs, calls, and more. You can also leave comments on each single workflow trigger, which is a great tool for teams.
Also, the workflow automation has appealing visuals and many customizable editing tools to make the process much easier.
You can also resell HighLevel under your brand and logo at any price that makes sense to you.
It’s really a no-brainer that you can save a ton of money using HighLevel instead of purchasing a sales funnel software, email marketing tools, online course creators, booking software, a website builder, forms and surveys, and multiple software separately.
Whether you need to build sales funnels, sell online courses, create automations, or market all aspects of your business, HighLevel is an all-in-one software that can help you achieve your goals.
You must pay $497 each month if you want a custom app built. And this price is on top of the Agency Unlimited plan.
However, I believe a marketing agency would only desire a custom app if its monthly revenue was substantial.
Also, paying to get priority support is like hiring a full-time freelancer to be your dedicated manager offering you VIP treatment.
The funnel building feature can sometimes look a bit clunky, unlike ClickFunnels or GrooveFunnels, which specializes in funnel building.
In this complete Go High Level review, I covered all aspects of the platform you should know before investing in it. The software has amazing features, is incredibly simple to use, puts lead follow-up on autopilot, helps measure conversions, boosts online reviews, and has excellent survey and opt-in form builders.
If you’re an agency owner looking for a CRM to meet your needs and your client’s needs, you should use Go HighLevel’s all-in-one platform.
Many agency owners praise the software as it takes care of everything, from lead generation to customer acquisition and all in between. The good news is that technology continues to evolve and improve while shifting and changing. And HighLevel stays on top of everything, so you can rest assured that you get the most recent platform enhancements.
Why not give it a try?